CX Marco Polo Diamond for Centurion [Ends May 2015]

Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.
CX Marco Polo Diamond for Centurion [Ends May 2015]

looks like irwin8417 and marcuslai were right on the money [in this thread]:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...st-2010-a.html

according to the agents i spoke with, cx marco polo diamond starts on april 11 for aussie and idc centurion card holders (there are probably other centurion countries offering this as well but i could only check the countries where i hold the card).

i'll believe it once the status is in the bank, but for now, colour me stunned. for once, it appears that centurion is actually giving us non-usa members an amazing benefit on a great airline.

Last edited by mia; Apr 1, 2011 at 7:38 am Reason: Add link to previous discussion
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
April Fools! :P
(previous thread link notwithstanding)
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: MP,QFF,HH,SPG
Not an April Fool... wait and see
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
April Fools! :P
(previous thread link notwithstanding)
i know it's hard to believe that amex would do anything to substantially improve benefits for centurion members but this is no joke. according to the memo the agent read me it's really happening, starting april 11. .
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:56 pm
H99

Programs: centurion
Originally Posted by alemdohorizonte
i know it's hard to believe that amex would do anything to substantially improve benefits for centurion members but this is no joke. according to the memo the agent read me it's really happening, starting april 11. .
Would love it so much if this became a UK benefit - can't see it though. Might see if I can get an IDC if that becomes reality
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: MP,QFF,HH,SPG
Why don't you call your Centurion hotline and ask?!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:54 am

Programs: QF, Skywards, SQ, Centurion
I'm waiting to hear back from Centurion here in Australia when I probed about the gossip in the "grapevine" - the consultant said she would speak to her manager and let me know.

Other helpful AFF posters have mentioned that it's being communicated to front line staff tomorrow...

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...s-27783-6.html
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just IDC not IEC?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
just IDC not IEC?
i believe it's all icc centurion members (idc & iec).
according to the agent i spoke with, eligibility for cx diamond (through icc centurion) is based upon your country of residence, with the residents of 14 countries being eligible. the agent did not say which 14 countries were on the list.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
This is real. Amex UK is trying to roll this out within two weeks.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by jgsx
This is real. Amex UK is trying to roll this out within two weeks.

For UK ICC cardholders or for all UK Centurion cardholders?
If it is only for ICC, I can imagine that this initiative will generate a lot of frustration for 'regular' UK Centurions....
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:13 am
H99

Assuming this is accuarte, I wonder if its primary and supplementary card holders or just primary. Either way, this would be a major benefit uplift in any market
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:50 pm

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Will this apply to American Centurions? Tops status with OneWorld will at least be useful with AA in the US. Not nearly as good as Continental status for me, but a lot better than nothing
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by MoreMiles!
Will this apply to American Centurions?
No.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:35 am
H99

I spoke to Centurion customer services in the UK about this. They are noteably clueless regarding even existing benefits, and the rep had no idea, but said she would go away and speak to marketing.

She called me back and said words to the effect "we cannot confirm anything at this time, but are always looking to enhance our benefits. If the situation changes we will be notifying you", which was very clearly signalling without confirming that this rumour has substance. My only concern is that this will be targeted to certain high volume (or non One world) travellers, but I think its unlikely Amex could justify a targeted benefit (as opposed to one off give-aways) - it would be out of step with how the programme has always been.

I now believe this is real, and we should watch this space. As I understand it top tier OW would allow access to the BA First lounge at T5 at most other Gold Card benefits - a very considerable benefit, argueably (depending on your particular flying patterns etc) the most valuable benefit of the card

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.