Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plat Card users, do you ever get unwanted attention?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jr2z
Hi everyone,
I just upgraded to the AMEX Platinum card, I've run into an embarrassing issue. I have had my card for a little over a week, and I have been hit on 4 times so far just because of the card. I had a girl flirt with me in front of my fiancé, and a woman said that my card would make her "pants fall off" in front of my mother.

Has anyone else ever run into something like this? How do you handle it?
Did the girl hit on your fiancé also? A "fiancé" is male; a "fiancée" is female.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:00 pm

Pretty soon your fiancee going to make you downgrade to the green lol
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold

a woman said that my card would make her "pants fall off" in front of my mother.

I find more people hypnotized with AMEX Blue. The transparency of the card has impressed more than the grayness of the Platinum. Who am I to fight gravity once it takes over?

“What goes up must come down.”
― Isaac Newton
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Can't say I've ever had anyone impressed by the Platinum Card.

The other week I was paying for food at an airport restaurant and the cashier commented on the weight of the new metal card.

Four times in a week? Hmmm....
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:33 pm

I think it's probably the weight that got the attention. I remember when chase sapphire came out, I used to get lots of compliments of the card.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:59 pm

Hi everyone,
I just upgraded to the AMEX Platinum card, I've run into an embarrassing issue. I have had my card for a little over a week, and I have been hit on 4 times so far just because of the card. I had a girl flirt with me in front of my fiancé, and a woman said that my card would make her "pants fall off" in front of my mother.

This story sounds a bit contrived to me. Four times? Pants falling off? And all this about a credit card? Unless you hang around extremely interesting characters I find it implausible.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Hi everyone,

You clicked the wrong bookmark, you probably meant to go to Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thatHappened/
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:53 pm

Trust me: if a woman's interest in you is based significantly on which credit card you carry, or how much you spend on it, walk (or preferably run) away. The old saying goes the XXX you get won't be worth the XXX you get…
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I had people remark on my Amex Zync card. Many people don't know Amex made a "white" card. But it was more of "oh, never seen this one".
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:17 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/thatHappened/
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:57 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by Teckelspass
This story sounds a bit contrived to me. Four times? Pants falling off? And all this about a credit card? Unless you hang around extremely interesting characters I find it implausible.
Just go with it. Enjoy the suspension of disbelief
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: *gold, SPG Platinum, Amex Centurian, IHG Royal whatever, Emerald one world whatever
good on you! 4 times in a week? imagine what they would do if you carried my centurion.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Originally Posted by Teckelspass
Perhaps he was at a strip club or bar those times. could be plausible
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by smith80678
Perhaps he was at a strip club or bar those times. could be plausible
You might be on to something here.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:45 am

Holy thread necro....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.