Original Poster

Valentine's Day Dinner at wd-50 with Wylie Dufresne

New York, NY
February 14th, 2011
$495 per package or 61,875 Membership Rewards® points
36 reservations available
Max: 2 packages per Card member
On sale now; Call 800-321-RSVP (7787)

Explore your senses at a romantic, aphrodisiac-themed dinner featuring wine pairings and "Love Potions"
American Express By Invitation Only® invites Platinum Card® and Centurion® members to experience the ultimate in modernist cuisine with a private dinner at Wylie Dufresne's award-winning wd-50 restaurant in New York. Tables for two will be set up for a once-in-a-lifetime culinary experience featuring a custom, aphrodisiac-themed menu by Chef Dufresne and his visionary team. Pastry Chef, Alex Stupak will demonstrate the wonders of science-inspired techniques in the kitchen. Experience tastes and textures you never thought possible over seven courses of completely unique cuisine, wine pairings and special "love potion" cocktails.

Event Components:
Exclusive access to one of New York's most highly rated and awarded restaurants, wd-50, on one of most difficult nights of the year to get a reservation
Meet & Greet with James Beard Award-winner and Top Chef guest judge, Wylie Dufresne
One-of-a-kind cooking demonstration by Pastry Chef Alex Stupak, who practices science-inspired techniques
Custom cocktails by famed mixologist, Tona Palomino
Special parting gift for each guest
$495 - 8.625% tax and 15% tip = $400.40 / 2 = $200.20 pp

- 2 7-course with wine (12-course with wine costs $225)
- 2 cocktails ($14 or $15 each)
++
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:05 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do you know it includes tax and tip? And how do you know that the package is for two people, I see nothing there that suggests that, other than the comment that tables for two will be set up. Each "package" could well be just for one.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:15 pm

According to this article, the $495 is per person:

http://newyork.nearsay.com/nyc/east-...wylie-dufresne
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

hmm, so not a deal but not as expensive as some others

the wording thew me, IIRC its different than in the past, but could easily be my memory

i also dont recall these events not including tax and tip
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Where do you get these? I don't get any of these emails. I'm a Plat cardholder.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

its on the website

https://www295.americanexpress.com/c..._c&benefitId=2
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:24 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's also typically in the flyer that is included with the bill if you get a bill via snail mail. Understandable if you just toss it!

I've never seen one of these "deals" that is an actual deal. Clearly these are a profit center, not a benefit. Plus if you use points, they really rip you off, something like .75 cents per point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.