Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Hotels - FHR experience [2010 -2014]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by iahsumr
Recently had one night at the Bellagio through FHR. Hotel said they were fully booked but were able to upgrade me from the King Deluxe basic room to a Fountain View room. (We did tip the woman at check-in and she said normally if they are fully booked they are unable to upgrade). She did offer a larger Tower King Room or something like that, but we wanted to watch the fountains and they were worth it!! They also did give a packet at check-in with the 85 Olives lunch or 100 Spa credit. We used the Olives lunch credit and it was fantastic and easily covered the full meal with appetizer, two non-alcoholic drinks, and two entrees. Also received two 20.00 breakfast coupons that were redeemable at the buffet and several of the cafes. We used them for the buffet and they fully covered that expense. It was fantastic and very well worth the 152/night rate we received!!
IMO Bellagio rates at around 130-150 ai is one of the best FHR values to be found. If I want the best room & buffet then Encore tower suites cannot be beat, but for 30-50% less this is a great option!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage
Stayed at the Encore December 28-31. Booked a regular resort room and was upgraded to a panoramic room. At check in, a manager came out and gave me his card and told me if I needed anything to give him a call. Was explained all the benefits, and everything worked out well.

On a previous FHR visit in June, I booked a parlor suite at the Wynn and was given an upgrade to a salon suite (amazing room). However, that time I was staying on a first night free promo, and it took some work to get the Wynn to recognize that at checkout. To their credit, they contacted Amex very quickly, and I got a phone call from the Wynn manager while I was at the airport apologizing and ensuring that I wouldn't be charged for the first night. Another important tip I found out during that stay is to only put the meals that you want comped through the FHR plan on your room account. Makes the whole process a lot easier at the end.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:27 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Delta GM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas: 3 Category upgrade at check-in, from standard room to premiere room. I did not end up using the continental breakfast (was asleep) or the spa credit. Staff was fantastic, everyone knew my name (I don't know how they do this but almost creepy at times). Overall great stay and would go back again.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta, HH, Hyatt, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold
4 Seasons Las Vegas

Returned from a 2-night stay this past weekend.
Upgraded to the hospitality suite, 1800sft due to issue about room quality during a previous stay there.
Dinner ($85) credit was a good value. Breakfast credit it quite generous and bountiful especially the weekend brunch buffet.

Great experience and great property if you want to be in Vegas but away from the drunkenness and return to clean calming room/hotel.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:03 pm

Bellagio, Las Vegas

Booked standard room at $179. Upgraded to Fountain View room.

$100 spa voucher worked out great as they were having a promo with $50 mini-treatments in the spa. Had a mini-facial and mini-massage (20 min back/shoulders). Spa is fabulous.

Used breakfast vouchers ($20 per person per day) in the Bellagio Cafe. They were also good in the Buffet, but not for room service.

4:00 check-out was honored. I called to ask about it and was told it was "automatic" and I didn't have to request it. I did tell the housekeeping staff as they were lurking around in the hallway.

Bellagio charges a resort fee (about $22 with tax per night). It includes Internet access and basic access to the fitness center. Although the fitness center is adjacent to the spa's "wet areas" (locker rooms, showers, sauna/steam room, plunge pool & whirlpools), the "wet areas" are not included in the resort fee. You either pay for access ($29/day) or get access for the day if you have a treatment in the spa.

Last edited by free101girl; Apr 17, 2011 at 6:47 pm
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:29 pm

THEHotel at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas

I'm frankly puzzled why this hotel is FHR. I didn't like it at all. In my opinion it was not up to snuff in terms of service. I also disliked the "signature scent" that is constantly puffed into the air throughout the property. It gave me a headache. I was glad our stay was only one night.

Booked standard THESuite at $108. At check-in was offered an "upgrade" to a corner THESuite on the 6th floor, which is not an upgrade -- it's just a location within the category I booked. And the location was terrible, with a view of the parking lot, garage and highway. Lots and lots of road noise. Hotel was noisy in general, with lots of slamming hallway doors.

$100 spa credit (it's a bill credit, not a voucher) was used toward a pedicure ($80) and my husband's access fee to the fitness center and "wet areas" (see below) which cost $25/day. The hot water was not working (confirmed by spa staff) but no refund was offered to my husband.

Both of us noticed the spa workers were very unhappy and spent most of their time complaining. Really made for an unpleasant and non-relaxing experience.

Used breakfast vouchers ($20 per person per day) in THECafe. Only other option was to get pastries and coffee from a counter in the lobby. Vouchers were not good for room service breakfast.

4:00 check-out was offered at check-in and I said I wanted it. On check-out day we were harassed repeatedly by housekeeping staff, despite having the do not disturb light on and despite repeatedly telling them we had arranged for late check-out.

THEHotel charges a resort fee (about $20 with tax per night). It includes Internet access and access to the "Cardio Center" fitness room in the main tower of Mandalay Bay, which is not convenient. If you want access to THEHotel's BATHHOUSE spa's fitness center and "wet areas" (locker rooms, showers, sauna/steam room, whirlpools), that is not included in the resort fee. You either pay for access ($25/day) or get access for the day if you have a treatment in the spa.

Last edited by free101girl; Apr 17, 2011 at 6:44 pm
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:43 pm

Four Seasons, Las Vegas

Booked Standard King room at $199. Upgraded to Deluxe King (slightly larger room, 2 category upgrade) with bad view of the highway.

$85 dinner voucher at Verandah is included. They are currently offering a 3-course prix fixe dinner for $39 per person that is surprisingly excellent. I had that; Mr. free101girl ordered 3 courses a la carte. Even with a carafe of wine, our bill was very reasonable.

Breakfast credit was $52 per day for two; this was plenty to cover a normal a la carte breakfast at Verandah, though not enough to cover their weekend breakfast buffet ($35 per person). Credit could also be used for room service breakfast.

Oddly, the $85 dinner credit is issued as a physical voucher, while the breakfast credit is just applied to your bill.

4:00 check-out was offered and accepted. We had no hassles with housekeeping staff; they honored our do not disturb sign.

The Four Seasons LV does not charge a resort fee, BUT it does charge $14.99/day for EACH DEVICE you connect to the Internet. The fact that this fee is per device is not disclosed when you connect. We were charged $14.99 x 3 for a one-night stay! One of the $14.99 charges was removed when I complained, but we were stuck with the other two charges.

There is no additional charge for access to the small but well-equipped fitness center, locker rooms, showers and eucalyptus steam rooms.

Overall this hotel is an oasis of quiet compared with the other two hotels we tried on this trip (Bellagio and THEHotel). The pool was peaceful though we could hear the bass thumping of the music from the main Mandalay Bay pool area. Service was excellent throughout the property.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:36 am

worked without issue for me with FHR (stay at Wynn las vegas)
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by geoffk
worked without issue for me with FHR (stay at Wynn las vegas)
If you are staying at the Wynn soon, you should check out the Visa Signature deal which includes $200 dining credit, and FHR-like amenities (breakfast, late checkout, etc.) Just booked that instead of FHR for later this year.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 12:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

geoffk's post mentioning the Wynn and the reply were moved into this thread to reach a wider audience. They originally appeared in a discussion of the American Express Travel App.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
I did a FHR stay at THE Hotel I Vegas a few months ago and had a very different experience. I booked a V suite and was offered an upgrade to an H suite if one was available, but was not for the entire duration of the stay. The vouchers for THE Cafe aren't the greatest benefit though because it closes at 2 or 3 pm. The spa credit was nice cuz it covered a 50 minute massage (they had a special going). Used the 4 pm checkout w/o a problem. Overall it was a nice stay. Prices tend to vary a lot though. I paid $91 a night (resort fee was waived. They said this was a FHR perk). Other times I've checked it's been up to $270 a night, which I think is way to high. Overall if it was under $150 I'd stay again.
Old May 29, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: AA
Wynn stay mid-week

Stayed at the Wynn on May 2nd and 3rd.

Had booked a resort room. At check-in was informed that no upgrade room available, but I indicated the place was somewhat slow. The clerk checked again and then found a panoramic room. Room was refurbished, so good for me as previously the rooms were showing wear.

FHR amenities had a changed. Still the daily breakfast available, but meal credit is no longer. Now a spa voucher. Did not use it - not a spa person. Maybe a good number of folks don't use the spa credit and the therefore the property is out nothing.

This amenity change takes Wynn/Encore off the rotation for me as I would not use it. Will use the properties that give a food credit or at least a choice (Bellagio or Four Seasons).

Other a fine stay.
Old May 30, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
Just did Bellagio 5 nights. Got 10 $20 certificates you can use in the Cafe, Pool Cafe, some coffee shop before the pool, and Buffet and maybe somewhere else - they were great to have. Got the SPA credit and used on a couples massage worth the remaining amount in my opinion. We had 2 credits left and ate a ton - mainly wasn't hungry last day or they would have been used. The Cafe is not bad food at all, and for breakfast its not easy to spend $40. You tip out of your pocket though. Didn't care for buffet - its like an upscale Ryan's never liked them anyway. If going in and stuffing your pants full of cookies is your thing go for the buffet - its $15 for breakfast - $40 for dinner - be aware. Did eat a Olives for dinner one night, it was good, about $100 for both of us for entrees and water/soda. Didn't want to drink wine and drive an hour later.

Did not get room upgrade, did not expect upgrade - hotel was packed and you could not buy an upgraded room during the days I was there. Great lakeside view on 16th floor, non smoking - absolutely loved the room. Checked in at 11AM, checked out 12PM didn't use late check out. Everyone was extremely nice to us - went to four other resorts while there - MGM, NYNY, Caesars, Luxor, Ballys and a few smaller ones like Cosmopolitan. Very different experience. I wanted a kid free, mature environment. I got that for the most part. Everyone was 30 or older for the most part. In the other places - crazy wild partying and what not.

Laughed about the crappy TV - but figured its probably a ton of money to replace those TVs and didn't care - I didn't go to vegas to watch TV. Way room is built TVs are crammed in there anyway.
Old May 30, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA, AS, BA, DL Plat, Chase UR, Diners, UA, F9, WN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex MR.
Bellagio FHR Review.

Great deal on short stay, late check out.

VIP Check-in (unmarked doors on immediate left when you enter) had complimentary wine and great dried mango and ginger candy.

$20 breakfast certs can only be used one-per-person-per-meal, but they can be used for any meal, at any time of day, at least in the cafe. YMMV.

There is a mandatory resort fee, very nice and large gym. Can be crowded. Spa is awesome, comparable to Caesar's, outdoor spa porch at sunset is very nice for reading.

Received room upgrade to fountain view, great view, but crappy rooms, need renovation. Soft beds. If you can get them to put you into the spa tower, those rooms are a little bit nicer, but not much.

$100 spa credit won't get you much by itself, other than a 20-minute massage or a class or workout with a personal trainer. Spa credit can't be used for products or salon service.

I believe Centurion & Platinum benefits are identical for this property.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: AA
Wynn with FHR

Stayed at the Wynn.

Had to ask for the upgrade when checking in. Panoramic from a regular room.

They had changed the benefits from food credit to $100 spa credit (daily breakfast credit still available).

Since spa credit is of no use, will seek out other properties in the future.

All in all, a good stay.

Hytail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.