Dumbest MR transfer award!

Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Dumbest MR transfer award!

Well I just nominated myself for the Dumbest MR Transfer Award!!!

I screwed up today - twice; And I have no one to blame but myself.

Screw up number #1: In order to clean out my Delta accounts for good with a award trip to Barbados I was going to transfer the MR points into two different accounts, then book the tickets. Well on the second MR points transfer I must have not double checked the name and the second batch went into the same account. 21,000 points are now left after the ticket was issued, which I really did not want. (I swear I double checked the name before "submit"; maybe a cookie was left?) (I tried called AMEX & DL but then would not reverse anything) I should have De-Linked account #1 after the transfer!!!! My fault completely.

Screw up number #2: I found out tonight while sitting in the PC Lounge in EWR that MR & DL have a 50% mileage bonus on transfer and 25K MQM on 50,000 transfers or more. While I really did not want more DL points, heck I would have taken them and the MQM's to boot. (I am 3,500 MQM short for Gold renewal)

Chalk one learning lesson on my behalf. ALWAYS SLOW DOWN your clicking on transfers & Check Points Guy each day before transfers!!!

Tasnam
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I'd still register for the promo- their systems may see the same transaction date and still award you the bonus miles- you never know!

As for booking your second award to BGI- you can always get a 15,000 points advance or buy miles at 2.5 cents each. May not be ideal, but better than having a large batch of orphaned points.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by tasnam
Well I just nominated myself for the Dumbest MR Transfer Award!!!

I screwed up today - twice; And I have no one to blame but myself.

Screw up number #1: In order to clean out my Delta accounts for good with a award trip to Barbados I was going to transfer the MR points into two different accounts, then book the tickets. Well on the second MR points transfer I must have not double checked the name and the second batch went into the same account. 21,000 points are now left after the ticket was issued, which I really did not want. (I swear I double checked the name before "submit"; maybe a cookie was left?) (I tried called AMEX & DL but then would not reverse anything) I should have De-Linked account #1 after the transfer!!!! My fault completely.

Screw up number #2: I found out tonight while sitting in the PC Lounge in EWR that MR & DL have a 50% mileage bonus on transfer and 25K MQM on 50,000 transfers or more. While I really did not want more DL points, heck I would have taken them and the MQM's to boot. (I am 3,500 MQM short for Gold renewal)

Chalk one learning lesson on my behalf. ALWAYS SLOW DOWN your clicking on transfers & Check Points Guy each day before transfers!!!

Tasnam
If you have transfered 50k total in one account you might still get 25k MQM
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
I'd still register for the promo- their systems may see the same transaction date and still award you the bonus miles- you never know!

As for booking your second award to BGI- you can always get a 15,000 points advance or buy miles at 2.5 cents each. May not be ideal, but better than having a large batch of orphaned points.
Yes I had done that right after I read your post, just in case.

You never know. I have had some "late Computer" process posts in the past.

But I won't get my hopes up.

Thx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.