Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Platinum Boat rental insurance

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:45 am
Original Poster

AMEX Platinum Boat rental insurance

I will be renting a boat in Florida on Labor Day. If I charge it on my Platinum Card, do I get any insurance coverage (similar to the car rental insurance)?

Thanks
Old Sep 5, 2010, 5:57 pm

I'd suggest that you call AmEx. But I would tell you that I bought a boat using AmEx Platinum, and shorttly thereafter damaged the prop, so I called AmEx and asked if purchase protection covered that, and the answer was that boats are excluded. This is not a perfect analogy though.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
I charter sailboats in San Diego several times a year, and I have been told by AmEx that they do not offer any sort of insurance/protection benefit when I pay with my card.

If you end up hearing otherwise, I'll be really interested to learn about the details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.