Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

20% MR transfer bonus to BA [USA Platinum & Centurion]

Old Aug 1, 2010, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others

20% MR bonus to BA currently.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: AA 1mm, Starwood gd, BA, Delta, Cont, United, US air
Do you have any idea how long this promotion lasts.rbc100
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Link?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:07 am

Source or link?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Let me know if anyone finds details - that would be great. I need to do a transfer soon!
Old Aug 1, 2010, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
It's very glitchy online but I confirmed it over the phone and transferred 16k today which yielded 19200 pts immediately.

I asked them when it ends and she put me on hold for a very long time to find out and finally came back and told me they didn't know.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:07 pm

I got an email with this offer. The link in the email just goes to the share BA miles link in EC landing page with the following text.

Share your BA miles with someone and we'll add a 25% bonus

Here’s a great way to bring a reward flight closer for a fellow Executive Club member.

Transfer some of your BA Miles to family member or friend between 21 July and 31 August 2010 and we’ll add a 25% BA Miles bonus to their account, which they can use right away.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:39 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by alexxelahe
I got an email with this offer. The link in the email just goes to the share BA miles link in EC landing page...
These are separate offers. One is for transferring from Membership Rewards to BAEC, the one mentioned in your email is for transfer from your BAEC account to another BAEC member's account.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:40 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Originally Posted by chewy3
...I confirmed it over the phone
Where did you learn about it originally?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:42 pm
nsr

Originally Posted by mia
What do you mean where? Right here on FT http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...errerid=103701
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
It showed up briefly on the website when I first posted this -- it still says "special offer" next to BA on the membership rewards page. It seems like they haven't yet fixed the page to properly reflect the promotion but it definitely is in effect.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 10:20 am

Not seeing it anywhere in my membership rewards.

I am US Premier Gold member, is this targetted/region specific/card specific?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 10:37 am
mia

I can now see the offer on USA Membership Rewards First website. It does not appear on the standard Membership Rewards site. The bonus could be limited to First (Platinum and Centurion) cardholders, but it may just be a website problem because it simply says:

Get 20% Bonus BA Miles!
Starting at 1000 Points

No dates or other details.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 3:05 pm
Company Representative - Amex

20% BA promotion

Hi FlyerTalkers,

I have checked our Membership Rewards database to verify the specifications of the promotion that you were referring to and have had no luck in finding the details to that promotion. The only promotion that we have had recently was for Ameriprise Consumer Cardmembers, when solicited could receive a 20% bonus when transferring Membership Rewards points to British Airways Priority Club. This applies to all Membership Rewards points transferred to a members Priority Club during 04/01/10 through 06/30/10. Bonus points will be reflected in the total amount of the point transfer transaction from Membership Rewards. Minimum transfer of 1,000 Membership Rewards points into BA Miles.

Solicited Cardmembers can redeem offer by clicking on "TRANSFER POINTS NOW" link in the email.

Once you have transferred Membership Rewards points, they become subject to the Terms and Conditions of the partner program and cannot be transferred back to your Membership Rewards program account. Taxes, fees, charges and surcharges, including airline surcharges,may apply on British Airways redemption flights and upgrades.

I hope the information provided is helpful.

Rachel
Amex Customer Care
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Looks like a negative 20% now hah:

Currently on my MR page
833 BA Miles = 1,000 Membership Rewards Points

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.