Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

20% MR transfer bonus to BA [USA Platinum & Centurion]

20% MR transfer bonus to BA [USA Platinum & Centurion]

Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: Not Worthy...
I would definitely agree on the poor usage for the SFO > LHR. The idea there being that, if I get the points transferred over now and for some reason, there is no availability for the SFO > NRT > PEK trip, that I would be able to fall back on using those points. And you could look at it as .00883 / MR as the 20% bonus would make 42000 MR into 50k BA. Still terrible, but i am just trying to figure out worst case scenario of having points trapped in BA. I really like the asia partner redemption chart. I was originally going to combine 150k AA and 50k BA for 2x RT SFO > NRT in C on JAL. Still a possibility, but the idea of 75k BA for 2x SFO > NRT > PEK in Y+ on JAL (who actually has a Y+ product) and then 100k AA for 2x PEK > SFO in C on another carrier.

If there is another transfer partner that can get to Europe without ridiculous taxes, I would love to hear about it. Any major gateway city would work. The wife just really wants to do a Europe trip and the redemptions are killing me. She would be happy with Y, but I can say I have had some terribly painful trips in Y from SFO>LHR, and SFO>NRT.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:37 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MMSB01
...transfer partner that can get to Europe without ridiculous taxes,.
I would start here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...mr-points.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.