Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15% MR transfer bonus to DL thru 7/31/10

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2010, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
15% MR transfer bonus to DL thru 7/31/10

https://www.delta.com/pet/summer/pet/main
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Great - more worthless Skymiles.

Hey, Amex - how about doing a deal with someone other than Delta for once?
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
... how about doing a deal with someone other than Delta for once?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...30-2010-a.html

...but 15% on any airline doesn't entice me to transfer unless I am ready to redeem for a flight.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I'm always happy they have a deal, but I would hold on any Delta transfers until you need them at this point because they've had more generous offers in the past. They just finished a 25% point bonus and I've seen it as high as 40% last winter.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:54 am

I do not plan to move anything until 40% bonus offered again since I feel this is how much my sky mile awards have increased for me.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
The SkyMiles program is very different than other US frequent flyer programs--- mileage charges for redemption are frequently on the extortionate side. I personally value my Delta miles at roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of what miles in other US programs are worth.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Damn, damn, damn. They've been running this thing all summer. Yesterday I was told I need to travel BNA-BON for a scuba trip...I need 20K...and no promo!!

Guess at some point I may transfer some just to bank - if they run another 25% promo...
Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
The SkyMiles program is very different than other US frequent flyer programs--- mileage charges for redemption are frequently on the extortionate side. I personally value my Delta miles at roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of what miles in other US programs are worth.
It cost me 32.5k Delta miles to redeem for a $199 ticket last week , I took it because that was down from 40k that Delta had been demanding. And I just want to be done with having Delta miles, if I had realized how worthless they were these days I would have taken a different airline for a flight to Dubai this spring.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by 4aks
It cost me 32.5k Delta miles to redeem for a $199 ticket last week , I took it because that was down from 40k that Delta had been demanding. And I just want to be done with having Delta miles, if I had realized how worthless they were these days I would have taken a different airline for a flight to Dubai this spring.
And I felt crappy for using 35k skymiles for a $320 ticket. Your post made me feel better

On a separate note, I was saving up the skymiles for a trip to Dubai. But there is NOT one single available day that offers redemption at the LOW rate. EVERYTHING is MEDIUM or higher. Skymiles is a bandit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.