Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 18, 10, 5:40 pm   #1

Programs: Skymiles FO, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott silver, PC plat, spg gold, HH gold
15% MR transfer bonus to DL thru 7/31/10

https://www.delta.com/pet/summer/pet/main
turkeyRIOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 10, 7:27 am   #2

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Great - more worthless Skymiles.

Hey, Amex - how about doing a deal with someone other than Delta for once?
mizzou miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 10, 7:38 am   #3
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club

Programs: AA 2MM Perpetual Platinum; HH & SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou miles View Post
... how about doing a deal with someone other than Delta for once?
15% MR transfer bonus to VS through 7.30.2010

...but 15% on any airline doesn't entice me to transfer unless I am ready to redeem for a flight.
mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 10, 10:29 am   #4

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond VIP, SPG Platinum
I'm always happy they have a deal, but I would hold on any Delta transfers until you need them at this point because they've had more generous offers in the past. They just finished a 25% point bonus and I've seen it as high as 40% last winter.
sorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 10, 1:54 am   #5

I do not plan to move anything until 40% bonus offered again since I feel this is how much my sky mile awards have increased for me.
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 10, 11:06 pm   #6

Location: Dallas AA PLT/4MM; DL PLT; US PLT; HHonors DIAM; SPG Platinum
The SkyMiles program is very different than other US frequent flyer programs--- mileage charges for redemption are frequently on the extortionate side. I personally value my Delta miles at roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of what miles in other US programs are worth.
HKG_Flyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 10, 7:37 am   #7

Programs: Amex PLAT, Hilton DIA, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, WN RR, TSA Disparager Silver
Damn, damn, damn. They've been running this thing all summer. Yesterday I was told I need to travel BNA-BON for a scuba trip...I need 20K...and no promo!!

Guess at some point I may transfer some just to bank - if they run another 25% promo...
divemistressofthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 10, 11:58 am   #8

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, American Air Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1 View Post
The SkyMiles program is very different than other US frequent flyer programs--- mileage charges for redemption are frequently on the extortionate side. I personally value my Delta miles at roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of what miles in other US programs are worth.
It cost me 32.5k Delta miles to redeem for a $199 ticket last week , I took it because that was down from 40k that Delta had been demanding. And I just want to be done with having Delta miles, if I had realized how worthless they were these days I would have taken a different airline for a flight to Dubai this spring.
4aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 10, 9:43 am   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4aks View Post
It cost me 32.5k Delta miles to redeem for a $199 ticket last week , I took it because that was down from 40k that Delta had been demanding. And I just want to be done with having Delta miles, if I had realized how worthless they were these days I would have taken a different airline for a flight to Dubai this spring.
And I felt crappy for using 35k skymiles for a $320 ticket. Your post made me feel better

On a separate note, I was saving up the skymiles for a trip to Dubai. But there is NOT one single available day that offers redemption at the LOW rate. EVERYTHING is MEDIUM or higher. Skymiles is a bandit!
romeoguy is offline   Reply With Quote