Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

How long does it usually take for USA MR points to post ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long does it usually take for USA MR points to post ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:43 pm

They take a while to post... at the earliest, a few days after statement close. Paying early will not get you an early post.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:27 pm

You can advance points by calling AMEX. Plat card can advance 50 or 60k, rest can do 10-15k. Just gotta get them back before the end of 12 months

Originally Posted by Carbon Blob
And more specifically, if I pay my bill early (before Mar 31, due date is a week later), will my MR points post early (so I can get more in a SPG transfer).

Thanks
-CB
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:59 am

I'm a new member, and it's been almost a month since my first statement closed. Still no points. Should I call?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 6:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
...almost a month since my first statement closed. Still no points. Should I call?
No, this is normal. Membership Rewards (USA) points post a few days after the closing date of the next statement, provided payment in full was made as required.

Originally Posted by leftpinky
You can advance points
Points Advance is not available until you have been a cardholder for at least six months.

You must have had a Card account for at least six (6) months and all of your Linked Accounts must be in good standing to obtain a Points Advance.
http://www.membershiprewards.com/cat...rmsSplash.aspx
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: US, NW Delta
Originally Posted by leftpinky
You can advance points by calling AMEX. Plat card can advance 50 or 60k, rest can do 10-15k. Just gotta get them back before the end of 12 months
I'm pretty sure I can't points advance for a points transfer.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:14 am
mia

I'm pretty sure I can't points advance for a points transfer.
The only time that any member can advance points is during the process of redemption, such as a transfer to another program. However, if you have not been a cardholder for at least six months this option is not available for any purpose.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by mia
The only time that any member can advance points is during the process of redemption, such as a transfer to another program. However, if you have not been a cardholder for at least six months this option is not available for any purpose.
I have advanced points before on a purchase. I did just try to transfer X points to SPG, where X is greater than my MR points balance, and it did not offer a points advance to me. Are you saying I should be allowed to do this?

Thanks,
-CB
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:46 am

if your points are pending you can always call them to "expedite" the post also.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:52 am
mia

...it did not offer a points advance to me. Are you saying I should be allowed to do this?
All online Points Advances were suspended last summer. See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...e-anymore.html

You should be able to request an advance and arrange the transfer to SPG by telephone. If you do this, ask if the agent has heard when the online Points Advance/Purchase option will be restored.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:25 am

As a followup, I called yesterday to transfer my points. There was no problem with the points advance, and I was even able to use my pending points.

I asked about online access to points advance, and the agent said they had to modify their security for this feature as people were accessing other people's accounts and advancing and redeeming the points. No guess as to when it would be reinstated.

-CB
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Points after card CXL

Not sure if this should go here or its own thread, but....
Provided you still have another active card linked to MR, will Amex still award points to your MR account for payments made after cancelling a card? ie a final closing payment?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 5:35 pm

How long for AMEX new account bonus points to post?

I did the Business Gold to Platinum 25K upgrade bonus(after first purchase). I purchased something and the cycle ended and have not seen the bonus yet. I recall that my Gold signup bonus points posted immediately after the cycle in which I met spending requirement. Any experience with this or should I just call AMEX?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
I asked the same question and the reply I got back from AMEX was that it will post after the next statement. I signed up for the 50K bonus (new card) and met my spend earlier this month. The statement is closed but still didn't show up yet. Was told that they see the 50K points pending and was assured it will show up in January.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:50 am

I have called several times to inquire about this. Yesterday they told me my 1st spend was on 10/31, so I need to wait 8 weeks from that date to see the points post. They said if I don't see them in the 1st week of January, then call back.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:05 am

how many days after statement closing do the points for everyday purchases go into PENDING mode?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.