Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

How long does it usually take for USA MR points to post ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long does it usually take for USA MR points to post ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
My MR points in the past post within few days after met spending. Not the last card, its been months. SM amex, confirmed spending met 5/10.
It is also interesting as AMEX created a new MR # for this card, presumably this put me as a new MR member

SO though, run into similar delay in bonus posting with last card. Though no separate new MR acct involved
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:52 am

MR Points posted early

do you guys know if theres a way to get amex to post MR points at statement end rather than a month later? Im about 3k sky miles short of a reward trip for me and the GF and dont have any delta flying coming up soon. not sure if amex would post those points early in a one off scenario.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:46 am

Call the membership rewards team and see if they'll credit you some points. Don't call generic customer service number.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
After the statement closes, pay the full balance, then call and politely ask to have your pending points posted. They don't have to do it, but often will.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Points Accelerated

Logged in to check my points balance today for my Blue for Business card, and noticed something odd. When I click on summary, I'm not shown any pending points for last months spend, instead it seems the points have posted immediately with the description "Points Accelerated". I did recently apply for the Blue Business Plus (immediate approval), so not sure if that has anything to do with the acceleration for my regular Blue Business, which it shouldn't as I have not canceled the card. I can only hope Amex is going the Chase route and posting points immediately after statement close, but I highly doubt it as there hasn't been any chatter. Anyone else seeing this or has experienced something like this before?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:53 am

My Everyday statement just closed, and the points for that statement were posted this morning with the "Points Accelerated" designation. Maybe they are posting immediately rather than waiting for the next month.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Got this too on my PRG. I hope it sticks around because the time it takes for MR to post vs UR is ridiculous.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:31 am

Got this as well on my Centurion but not on Business Plat
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:41 am

Got it on both PRG end of July statement and ED first of August statement.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:51 pm

Anyway to speed up posting of MR points?

I have like 10k MR points that show as “pending” and I need those to get me to enough to transfer over to Delta for a flight. I have a balance on the card, but I don’t think that balance is what these points are for... is it hard an fast that they take a month to post (when your statement closes), or will they post if I have a zero balance? Is there any kind of system to it?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
They're pending because it's the statement that just closed. Pay your most recent bill and then call and ask them to expedite the points. This is a good reason to always have SOME MR points in your account so this doesn't become an issue
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
They're pending because it's the statement that just closed. Pay your most recent bill and then call and ask them to expedite the points. This is a good reason to always have SOME MR points in your account so this doesn't become an issue
I did have some in my account that I already redeemed... I just needed more :P

I’ll submit the payment tomorrow and then contact them and see if they can post the points. I tried to zero out my balance before last months statement closed but I didn’t catch it until the day the statement was closing and I guess that wasn’t quick enough. :P

edit: I should note that the outstanding balance is all from charges in my CURRENT open statement period, NOT the previous closed one. My pending points are from last months closed statement, unless somehow they’ve upped me to 10x for airfare since my only charge this month is ~$1100 with JetBlue, lol
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
This happened to me too recently...My statement closed last month and I needed a few points to use for an Amazon.com promotion (I asked for 100 points) so I chat with a rep who told me they can't expedite any points. I had already paid off the full balance a few days before my request and the payment was already posted. The rep was very firm and said the points wouldn't be available until close of my current statement...
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:40 am

No MR Points after 2 Statements?

Hey guys,

Recently joined the AMEX MR family. I've held a Hilton Honors card and a Delta card before through AMEX but this is my first MR owning card. I'm growing very concerned with AMEX, as I haven't received any membership reward points over the past 2 statements. My points don't even appear as pending in the portal, so I am trying to figure out what is going on. Obviously the biggest part for me to use this card compared to a debit card is the awesome reward categories and it appears that the more this happens the less likely I am going to be using it.

Has anyone else had this experience? I contacted AMEX last statement close and they told me by this time they should be posted? What gives??
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:44 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This sounds normal, except that you should be able to see the pending points. Where are you looking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.