Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

How long does it usually take for USA MR points to post ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long does it usually take for USA MR points to post ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by agp423
I paid 2 days before the statement closed. And it closed on Oct 11th.
It doesn't matter when you pay, they won't post until the next statement.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
So points earned in my Sept 11 - Oct 11 period will show on Nov 11? Then why did I get 1,000 pts on Oct 11?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
apg423 - can you please clarify: On your PREVIOUS statement (Aug 12 - Sep 11), was your spend $1000?

If yes, then the 1000 points showing on your CURRENT statement are from the PREVIOUS spend.

However, if this is not the case, please let us know.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

agp423 's question transferred to American Express forum because the question is not directly related to manufactured spending.

American Express posts points one full billing cycle after they are earned. For example, if your closing date is 10.22.2013 the points will post a few days after 11.22.2013. In the interim you should be able to see the points listed as "pending".
Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

My card was opened in late September, the first statement closed on October 11th. Before that date, I had charged over $3,000, but had only gotten ~1000 points on the day the statement closed (or the day after).
Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:34 am
mia

Originally Posted by agp423
... first statement closed on October 11th. Before that date, I had charged over $3,000, but had only gotten ~1000 points on the day the statement closed .
Those are not base points for spending. They are likely some type of bonus. Details can be seen online. (Pay no attention to Membership Rewards summaries on printed or PDF statements, these lag two cycles behind.)

Login to americanexpress.com
Click: [Use points]
Click: Points Summary
Click: Activity Detail
Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Alright, thank you. I will give it another month or two and see if I get my spending MR as well as the sign up MR.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:18 pm

How Long for MR Points to Post is Normal?

I opened an AMEX Gold business account on Jan. 2nd. My MR points took approx. 4 weeks after my first statement cut to post. I have just met the 5K minimum spend to earn my 75K bonus points, including 2K of AP spending. I have read a few posts that said AMEX did not credit AP spending towards the minimum spend level.

My next statement cuts 3/9. If my latest points take another 4 weeks to post, it will be after the three month mark of my having the card. If AMEX does not give me credit for the AP spend, I will have missed out on the 75K bonus.

How long does it typically take for MR points to post after a statement cuts? Would it make a difference if I paid my balance in full prior to the statement cutting to speed up the process? Also, does anyone have recent experience with AP spend counting or not counting towards the minimum spend?

Thanks for your assistance.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:55 am
mia

Moderator action

Originally Posted by DnvTrvlr
How long does it typically take for MR points to post after a statement cuts?
I have appended your question to the established thread on this topic. Membership Rewards (USA) points for normal spending post a few days after the next statement closes. For example, if your closing date was February 22, the points for that billing cycle would post around March 24, provided you had paid the statement balance in full. You can ask customer service to manually post the points sooner, provided you have already paid the balance. Pre-paying the balance will not cause the points to automatically post sooner, you must ask.

Bonus points are different. They may post as soon as the spending objective is achieved, or as long as 12 weeks later. This depends on the terms of the offer, and also on luck. Many bonuses appear to be posted through a batch process, and there is no way to predict when the next batch job is scheduled.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:57 am
mia

Moderator action

Originally Posted by DnvTrvlr
How long does it typically take for MR points to post after a statement cuts?
I have appended your question to the established thread on this topic. Membership Rewards (USA) points points for normal spending post a few days after the next statement closes, but you can see the points pending shortly after the statement closes.. For example, if your closing date was February 22, the points for that billing cycle would post around March 24, provided you had paid the statement balance in full. You can ask customer service to manually post the pending points sooner, provided you have already paid the balance. Pre-paying the balance will not cause the points to automatically post sooner, you must ask.

Bonus points are different. They may post as soon as the spending objective is achieved, or as long as 12 weeks later. This depends on the terms of the offer, and also on luck. Many bonuses appear to be posted through a batch process, and there is no way to predict when the next batch job is scheduled.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:58 am

Hi do the bonus points show as pending after the statement closes? Or it takes a month to even show as pending?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
How long for pending points to vest?

I have signed up and fulfilled 2 AMEX bonuses, one for 100k and one for 50k. I've had the platinum card for 2 months and the gold for 4. My gold card's monthly closing period just occurred two days ago and 0 points showed up on my bill, and my platinum card closes tomorrow.

I have had 154,000 points pending for about 2 months now. How long does it take those to actually post? I thought it would after I paid the third bill on my gold card, but it hasn't. Is this normal? Maybe I should wait until the platinum card closes tomorrow and see if anything posts.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:01 pm
mia

Moderator action

Originally Posted by zorbachs
... How long does it take those to actually post?
I have appended your questions to the established thread. You can ask customer service to manually post pending points if you have already paid the most recent statement balance in full.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
New to Amex MR, when do earned points actually post?

Hey guys,
I'm not a noob on FT but am new to earning and managing Amex MR points..

I got a PRG card to replace my CSP a couple months back. (long story)

Anyway, first statement closed today and my points say they are only "Pending", what is this?

I called amex and they said that indeed, MR points earnings are always a month behind, is this really true? or do I just need to wait a few days? I am expecting about 40,000+ points based on this billing cycle (new member bonus + daily charges )

I was hoping to have the points ASAP to book some summer flights in Europe with BA Avios. I have been an AU on my family's platinum card as well as my own SPG card for a while, but never really noticed that the points were months behind? What's the real deal and what's best to do?
Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:52 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
Took exactly 28 days after statement posted following me reaching min spend. For me this was the second month of membership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.