FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   50000 Membership Reward Points for business gold card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1092583-50000-membership-reward-points-business-gold-card.html)

onthego15 Jun 5, 2010 6:54 am

50000 Membership Reward Points for business gold card

From http://www.freefrequentflyermiles.com/index.htm -
50000 bonus points, when you spend $10000 in the first four months of having the card. No annual fee for the first year:

http://www201.americanexpress.com/bu...ess-card/29790

Offer still good until Nov. 14, 2010

Colonel(Ret.)Wes Jun 5, 2010 9:34 am

Thanks very much for posting this info...we enjoy the AMX cruise benefits (for being
an AMX-P cardmember) at least once/twice a year. When/if apvd for this card, we have a 10K spend due in August for an upcoming cruise..thus by using this new AMX Biz Gold card for $10K final pay(vs my SPG card) will get 50K MR points. And by making final pay with any other AMX card (as well as being a Plat Card member) will get associated AMX cruise benefits (e.g $300 ship board credit, bottle of premium champagne, bridge/galley tour)...nice 2fer.

brasov02 Jun 5, 2010 10:36 pm

I've already had this card before but I don't see anything about the bonus only going to first-time card holders. Or have I missed some fine print? If not, I may just jump in again after I let my recent United 50,000 mile card ages at least a few more weeks. Another 50,000 points is always welcome.

tungsten79 Jun 6, 2010 11:43 am

Signing up for an amex gold business card without a business - potentially stupid que

realize this is not the brightest question, but was wondering - just saw the 50k bonus miles for signing up for the gold amex. do you have to have a business to sign up? do they check?

thnaks

koctail Jun 7, 2010 11:40 am

yeah, i saw this one from the view from the wing blog. im surprised its not all over the miles buzz forum. probably will be soon. i did the 25k points for the membership rewards card and just rec'd my points. that is of course a personal card so i don't think it would prohibit me from this biz card offer. so this would be 60K points. 50K points for the bonus plus the 10K points for the spend. just gotta figure out how to hit 10K in spend in less than 6 months. i don't do coins.

susiesan Jun 7, 2010 1:09 pm

got approved!!

I applied today and got online approval in the name of my second business, which has never had any AX card before. The annual fee on my other AX card will be coming due in 2 months so now I can close it and use this card instead, fee free for a year.
Cool. Thanks for the tip

Dhamal Jun 7, 2010 1:13 pm

You don't need a Biz Id, if your a sole propreitor.. I'm run a parttime DJ Business and I was approved.. my card will be UPS.. sice I'm a very valued customer, will arrive in 2 days :).. Thanks for the 50K Amex.. :)

I need two Plasma's and a Projector for the business.. $5000 right there.. :)

AllBusiness Jun 7, 2010 5:35 pm

2 cards under same business?

Could the same business get 2 new cards, under different primary account holders and and each get the 50,000 bonus?

rbc100 Jun 7, 2010 5:58 pm

I have yet to have the business card and do have small business so I am going to apply late this month after a couple of things clear from my credit report. A little worried of rejection for to many inquiries at moment but hings will liook better late in month.rbc100

detony Jun 8, 2010 4:17 pm

just applied. I called before I did. If you click YES you have a card, then an abbreviated app comes up and has a phone #. I wanted to make sure before anyone pulled credit that I was actually eligible already having a Plat Biz and Plat Pers (which I only upgraded as they offered 25k each...need to change them back). The CSR said having a card does not make me ineligible and that the bonus would still apply.

But I did not get instantly approved. I chose to apply using my main business...that has real revenue etc. I also have a few rental homes but the revenue makes it look like a real loser so I avoided applying under that company--but that one does not have a card.

There were not lots of detailed antecdotes for this thread so I tried it myself.
Who knows if they will give it to me. I will keep you posted.

EDIT--approved 5 minutes after I postted this...which was right after I applied...notified via email.

MrHalliday Jun 8, 2010 4:26 pm

This looks pretty good....approvd instantly online.

Will use this instead of SPG.

dinosims Jun 9, 2010 1:08 am

Has anyone tried this without actually having a business? I know for Chase's and Citi's business cards, there's been lots of experiences with people using their SS# and personal/household income instead of a business', but I haven't heard of anyone doing the same with Amex (after doing a quick search). Would this work? 50k is an awesome offer. The questions on the app seem to be a bit more detailed than other's I've seen as well.

koctail Jun 9, 2010 1:00 pm

To those who have applied: which credit bureau was used?

susiesan Jun 9, 2010 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by koctail (Post 14105394)
To those who have applied: which credit bureau was used?

How would we know which credit bureau AmEx used, if any?

koctail Jun 9, 2010 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan (Post 14105919)
How would we know which credit bureau AmEx used, if any?

if you pay and belong to a credit monitoring service you can see this info. also if you are denied the card you can ask for your credit report and it will show the bureau that was pulled. also sometimes just asking them they will tell you. my guess is they pull Experian as that seems to be the norm for AMEX. Chase also seems to pull Experian the majority of the time. They did for my 2 Chase cards I obtained recently