25% Delta Transfer Promotion (May 10- June 30, 2010)

Old May 10, 2010, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
25% Delta Transfer Promotion (May 10- June 30, 2010)

Once again- I generally don't recommend this, but if you want to book a Delta award (or SQ award until May 15), there is a 25% bonus from now until June 30. I actually have a family member who might be able to take advantage of this for a DL metal trip, but the "4-6 weeks" after the promo ends to post the bonus miles is ridiculous. And Delta is notorious for poor point posting.

https://www.delta.com/marketing/summerpromo/index.jsp
Register now and turn Membership Rewards® points from American Express into 25% more miles. Transfer points into miles now through June 30, 2010, and enjoy an additional 25% mileage bonus.

There's no limit to the amount of points you may transfer. See how far points (and the 25% bonus) can take you. With the extra 25% mileage bonus, you may be eligible for Award Travel, just in time for an upcoming vacation. Once you've registered, you can begin transferring points into miles.

You've earned your rewards—and now you can decide how you'd like
to enjoy them.
Old May 11, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by pitbrian
Once again- I generally don't recommend this, but if you want to book a Delta award (or SQ award until May 15), there is a 25% bonus from now until June 30. I actually have a family member who might be able to take advantage of this for a DL metal trip, but the "4-6 weeks" after the promo ends to post the bonus miles is ridiculous. And Delta is notorious for poor point posting.

https://www.delta.com/marketing/summerpromo/index.jsp
Register now and turn Membership Rewards® points from American Express into 25% more miles. Transfer points into miles now through June 30, 2010, and enjoy an additional 25% mileage bonus.

There's no limit to the amount of points you may transfer. See how far points (and the 25% bonus) can take you. With the extra 25% mileage bonus, you may be eligible for Award Travel, just in time for an upcoming vacation. Once you've registered, you can begin transferring points into miles.

You've earned your rewards—and now you can decide how you'd like
to enjoy them.
Actually I've had no issues with the bonus positing no more than a few days after the initial transfer has taken place.

Just make sure you are registered for the promo prior to initiating the transfer. I would register a day or two before doing the transfer.
Old May 11, 2010, 9:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SNAGuy
...no issues with the bonus positing no more than a few days after the initial transfer .
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Last Autumn there was a discussion of the change in Delta bonus posting times, starts around message 15 of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post12718391

Delaying the bonus changes the character of the offer from a discount to a promotion. If you must wait for the bonus you cannot merely reduce the number of points that you transfer to immediately redeem for an award flight. Instead, you transfer what you need for immediate redemption. Later, when you receive the bonus, you will likely feel that need to earn or transfer more to have enough for another award.
Old May 12, 2010, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
FYI I did a test transfer two days ago and the bonus miles still haven't posted.
Looks like anyone will have to wait 4-6 weeks after the promo ends to take advantage.

Shame, because DL is actually requiring the lowest amount of points and most direct itinerary for a flight I want to book.
Old May 13, 2010, 8:28 am

Why this promo is not good

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...sj_share_ybuzz

"Delta Air Lines Inc. was among the stingiest, too, with awards requiring the lowest mileage available for only 12.9% of requests made by IdeaWorks Co., a consulting firm." WSJ 5/13/10

I've seen this myself with Delta -- mostly just mid and high awards available. Delta
Old May 13, 2010, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, BA-Gold
Is anybody else having trouble registering for this promotion at the given link?

In Firefox, I always get a 'sorry your session has expired' error when submitting the form (and a nice 'Powered by Rackspace' logo on the right side of the screen)

And in IE7 I just get a 'IE cannot display this page' message when visiting the url given by the OP: https://www.delta.com/marketing/summerpromo/index.jsp
Old May 14, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: UA-Gold, BA-Gold
Turns out I had to enable 'Use SSL 2.0' in IE7 advanced options. After that, i could see the terms&conditions and submit the form ok. At least, it showed me the confirmation screen.
Old May 14, 2010, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

If anyone does this promo- can you report how long it takes for your bonus miles to post? I hate these DL promos..sometimes it is 2 minutes, sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 2 months or more
Old May 14, 2010, 9:03 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Given that you do not always get 25k awards on DL, and assuming you get half 25k, half 40k, the average award cost is 32.5k. With this promo, you get 31.5k at least.
The best use is for a partner award that you can hold and transfer Amex for e.g. on SQ today and use the bonus for later as an extra reward.

Last edited by ffI; May 15, 2010 at 6:40 am
Old May 17, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
If anyone does this promo- can you report how long it takes for your bonus miles to post? I hate these DL promos..sometimes it is 2 minutes, sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 2 months or more
The last time that MR offered this bonus, the bonus DL miles posted immediately. I just did another one today with no immediate bonus posting.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Has anyone had their bonus points credited yet for this promotion?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sigma1104
Has anyone had their bonus points credited yet for this promotion?
No.. so annoying
They should market it as a points rebate so people know it takes forever to receive.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 3:57 pm
BLV

Transferred miles today and the 25% showed up instantly.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:15 am

No.. so annoying
They should market it as a points rebate so people know it takes forever to receive.
The T/C on the landing page of the registration page state, "Members will receive a 25% mileage bonus on all miles transferred from the date you register through June 30, 2010. Bonus miles will be posted 4 to 6 weeks following the end of the promotion."

It's not buried information.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL PL, Hertz #1CG
Maybe I'm just not smart enough for this lark, but I just tried to do this to add my meager AMEX points to my (equally meager) SkyMiles account.

First part went quite well.

You've successfully registered to earn an additional 25% mileage bonus every time you transfer Membership Rewards® points from American Express into miles now through June 30, 2010. Remember, there's no limit to the amount of points you may transfer.
Second part? Not so well.

The ability to transfer points to a frequent flier or frequent guest program is not available in the Membership Rewards Express(R) program.

To book travel online with the American Express Travel site and pay with points, click here.
Did I miss something? Are there multiple levels of the MR program?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.