Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion HHonors Diamond status and 50k points offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion HHonors Diamond status and 50k points offer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:15 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
I also got upgraded to Diamond but no 50k points (Cent card based in Germany). Not complaining. I hope the status is valid until Mar 2012...I don't think it's until 2013. The German Cent site is also showing HH Diamond as the current benefit now....nice change...^
Old Apr 30, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Originally Posted by Sydfly
I also got upgraded to Diamond but no 50k points (Cent card based in Germany). Not complaining. I hope the status is valid until Mar 2012...I don't think it's until 2013. The German Cent site is also showing HH Diamond as the current benefit now....nice change...^
I guess your status will be valid untill 2013
I've received mine yesterday and it says Exp 03.2013 so..
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: CENTURION, SPG-Gold, HH-Diamond, ANA-SFC, JAL-JGC, MX-Diamond, LHW Access, CLUB 5C, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SuicidTheory
I guess your status will be valid untill 2013
I've received mine yesterday and it says Exp 03.2013 so..
Hi all,

I had received the Diamond membership card as well as replacement card today.
According to the letter,
--
Dear masahiro,

We recently sent you a letter that inadvertently communicated the wrong membership level for the Hilton HHonors program. We are sincerely sorry for the confusion. To apologize for the inconvenience, 50,000 Hilton HHonors points have been deposited into your account- that's enough points for a free night's stay in our top reward category.

Additionally, as a valued customer, American Express and Hilton Worldwide are pleased to provide you with an upgrade to Diamond status, the highest level of membership in the Hilton HHonors program. Your HHonors Diamond statusu is valid throught March 31, 2013 and your card is enclosed.
--
So our Japanese Centurion members got the Diamond until March 31st, 2013.

thanks,
masahiro
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:08 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

If only AMEX CS gave me 50,000 MR every time they screw up I would be a very rich person.

Sadly they do not!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Originally Posted by glbremner
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

If only AMEX CS gave me 50,000 MR every time they screw up I would be a very rich person.

Sadly they do not!
try to fill a complaint when you have a problem with them and ask for Membership Rewards as a compensation, if you're an old customer, I'm quite sure they gonna help you!

Last edited by SuicidTheory; May 1, 2010 at 9:28 am
Old May 1, 2010, 7:47 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Surprised but delighted to get Diamond and 50,000 points here in Australia!
Old May 1, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, Delta Platinum, US Air Platinum, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Still nothing in the USA : (
Old May 2, 2010, 6:35 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by pmcg
This is a crazy promotion since they made no mention of such a promotion after the UK fee increase.
Its not a promotion as such, Hilton just tries to rectify a customer service issue when they downgraded some members from Gold to cardboard.
Old May 3, 2010, 3:50 am

Programs: Stuff
+1 on the design but it says Diamond on it so hopefully it will not matter what it looks like, just how they treat us.. I have to say I've been struggling with the decision not to downgrade, especially with the poor way the other travel rewards (PP, Virgin Gold, Starwood etc) seem to be managed. But this might just tip me over.. Depending on how the Hilton in Bracknell react to it this week that is :-)
Old May 3, 2010, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by AndyB
+1 on the design but it says Diamond on it so hopefully it will not matter what it looks like, just how they treat us.. I have to say I've been struggling with the decision not to downgrade, especially with the poor way the other travel rewards (PP, Virgin Gold, Starwood etc) seem to be managed. But this might just tip me over.. Depending on how the Hilton in Bracknell react to it this week that is :-)
Yes it has DIAMOND on it but it is not embossed in the card so I let about 3 months before this word is erase from the card !
Old May 3, 2010, 7:53 am
H99

Programs: centurion
Originally Posted by parpar22
Still nothing in the USA : (
very happy with this as there are some hiltons that I would have stayed at anyway. I wonder if they are dressing this up as a reward for the mistaken downgrade because they haven't agreed US yet?

Given the scale of this, it is surely a trial to see how much additional revenue this brings, in order to then cnvert this to an ongoing benefit
Old May 3, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by H99
very happy with this as there are some hiltons that I would have stayed at anyway. I wonder if they are dressing this up as a reward for the mistaken downgrade because they haven't agreed US yet?

Given the scale of this, it is surely a trial to see how much additional revenue this brings, in order to then cnvert this to an ongoing benefit
I have been told that this is not a "mistaken downgrade" issue, but a real benefit arrangement with Hilton which was rolled out worldwide.

The agreement could not be reached on the US members and so (at least for the forseeable future) it will be a Cent benefit everywhere but the USA. Amex says it's because US gets unique benefits such as 3-4 airline elite statuses (4 until they drop one of the USA-based carriers, making it 3) and so they didn't feel as if US members could take issue with their being excluded from the benefit. "You have many other things that non-US members don't enjoy, each market is unique" is the rationale.

Maybe if they drop CO status next year, they can offer HH Diamond to soften the blow (who knows)...
Old May 3, 2010, 8:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by S.Bling
...Amex says it's because US gets unique benefits ...
Also, those in the USA have the opportunity to earn Diamond status through spending on the Surpass credit card. To my knowledge this opportunity is not offered in other markets. (Not saying I would find this persuasive, but I think it is a consideration.)
Old May 3, 2010, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by mia
Also, those in the USA have the opportunity to earn Diamond status through spending on the Surpass credit card. To my knowledge this opportunity is not offered in other markets. (Not saying I would find this persuasive, but I think it is a consideration.)
I would gladly drop my Surpass if Amex would just extend top tier benefits to Centurion card members. Seem silly they do not.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdix
I would gladly drop my Surpass...
This would benefit American Express or Hilton because ... ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.