Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is closed. Click HERE for current offers.
Print Wikipost

Archived Referral Offers 2012 - 2024

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:47 am

Amex Gold - Canada

As a recent referral-ee myself, I'd be happy to refer for the Canadian Gold Rewards Card
More info on the card here (non referral link) but the main points:

Benefits:
  • 20,000 MR Points (vs 15,000 regular) after $500 spend in 3 months (one of the *easiest* spends to complete, in my opinion)
  • No annual fee for the first year ($150 afterwards)
  • Free supplementary card
  • 2 pts per $1 on travel, gas, groceries AND drugstore purchases

Please PM your name / email address and I will have the referral sent out right away. Thank you!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:56 am

I can refer for US offers:

- Personal Platinum: 50,000 points + 3,000 + $200 Incidental Airline Fee Credit
- Personal SPG: 25,000 + 5,000 + first year free
BACK:
- Business Platinum: 50,000 points + 5,000 + $200 Incidental Airline Fee Credit

I can even teach you how to take advantage of the many Platinum credits, up to $750 worth!

Shoot me a PM with your name and email, I'll get it on my phone and send you a referral immediately.

Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:13 am

US Referals

I'd be glad to refer anyone for these cards:

Blue: 10K points after $1000 spend in 3 months. Plus this is a no annual fee card.

Blue Cash Preferred: $150 cashback after $1000 spend in 3 months. Earn cashback on everyday purchases with 6x on supermarkets, 3x on gas and department stores, 1x everywhere else.

Just send me a message with first name, last name, and email if interested. Thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:50 am

Im looking to apply for a Platinum charge card in UK. Whats the best way to go about it to maximise the points etc?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by buran99
Im looking to apply for a Platinum charge card in UK. Whats the best way to go about it to maximise the points etc?
The best way would be to apply for the fee free Amex Gold card and then if you have one refer your partner - but this is for a seperate discussion - happy to refer you for the Amex Plat - unless you want to go via Quidco to reduce the cost
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:13 am
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Originally Posted by buran99
If applying yourself, Quidco will give you Ł80 cashback and 50000 points. Referral will give you 52000 points so just 2000 extra points vs Ł80. I think Quidco is better.

Alternately you could get a gold card for 30000 points but this is limited time offer valid for another 4-5 days. Then refer your partner for Plat as suggested above.

I can refer for either card as well, but present offers are better if going direct.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC & HH
Hello everyone,

I just realized the amazing potential of the referral program! Hopefully someone who is in need of a new card might use my referral link. I took a look at what my card referral can offer and here are the results:

American Express® Gold Rewards Card
  • 20,000 Bonus Points (After $500 is spent)
  • No annual fee for the first year!

The Platinum Card®
  • 60,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points! (Better than the basic offer available without a referral) [After a $3,000 spend]
  • $200 Annual Travel Credit
  • $699 Annual Fee

Hopefully if you are interested you might use my referral links. I only need a few more points for an upcoming trip I am looking to take with some friends. For access, please send me a PM!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by Oapos
Nice flag!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:42 am

Canadian referral

I would be happy to refer someone to the Canadian Aeroplan Platinum Card

- Earn 25,000 miles upon first use of an approved Card.
- Earn 26,000 miles when you make $1,000 in purchase in the first three months of Cardmembership.
- Receive an annual complimentary Partner Ticket.
- Access to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges and Arrivals Lounges
- 1.25 Aeroplan Miles for every $1 on purchases up to $25,000 annually
- 1.5 Aeroplan Miles for every $1 on purchases over $25,000 annually

$499 annual fee

Please PM me your name and e-mail address
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:14 pm

It's just a thought, but wouldn't it be some help if we do some sub-threads for countries? Like i would like to refer people from Germany - but that somehow is never ever seen by anyone cause most of you are located in the U.S., right?!

So why not Sub-Threads countrywise?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:57 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by blueeagle3
So why not Sub-Threads countrywise?
If there were a separate thread for each country they would not be "sticky", and members would need to use Search this Forum to find the relevant thread. It's just as easy to use Search this Thread with the keyword: Germany, or Canada, or "UK" etc.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:21 pm
alc

Originally Posted by mia
If there were a separate thread for each country they would not be "sticky", and members would need to use Search this Forum to find the relevant thread. It's just as easy to use Search this Thread with the keyword: Germany, or Canada, or "UK" etc.
maybe we can have a locked sticky that will link to each of those country specific thread. Will this work?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by stingray300
I'd be happy to refer you for these Canadian cards:

The Platinum Card:
  • $699 annual fee
  • 60,000 points after $3,000 spending in 3 months
  • $200 travel credit ($400 in first membership year)
  • Permanent CX Gold
  • Priority Pass Prestige
  • 10,000 more points than off the street

f you're interested, please PM me your name and email for a personalized referral. Or if you're going for the easy route, feel free to use the link in my signature.

Thanks!

Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Canadian Platinum travel credits

Originally Posted by wadnera
$400 in first year? I've never seen this before! I also don't see it on your referral links, was this a temp targeted offer?
Amex travel credits are per calendar year so if you sign up now and can use a credit in 2012, plus the 2013 one that you will receive on 1 January means you are getting $400 credit on your first year fee. So if you are going to get a Plat, either sign up now to be able to sue 2012 bonus or a couple of months into 2013 to use 2013 and 2014 credits. These are not like the US where they are for use on incidentals, you can use for any travel booked through Plat Travel Services and they are usually competitive or better riced than elsewhere, at east for flights (have heard less success on hotels for which consolidators often still get better rates).

Everyone gets these, the only bonus of being referred is the 10,000 bonus MRs compared to regular sign up bonus of 50,000 MRs.

60,000 MRs, which value at $600 statement credit, or much more if used well through a frequent flyer programme plus travel credits basically means Amex is paying you to take their premium product complete with full access Priority Pass ($399 value), CX gold status, SPG gold etc etc etc.

I, as other, would be delighted to refer to this card. Can answer any Qs on using MRs and transfer partners/getting maximum value out of the Rewards.

Last edited by markandrew; Nov 3, 2012 at 7:30 am Reason: include quote/title
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Just want to say thank you to whoever used my link for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred! No contact with me at all so it was totally unexpected! Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.