Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New One-Way Flex Award / Awards, <NO> Stopover Rule, and Booking Engine (May 9, 2009)

Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
Moderator Wikipost

For AA's announcement of their new One-Way Flex Awards, see: http://www.aa.com/i18n/amrcorp/newsr...FlexAwards.jsp

For AA's FAQ on the new One-Way Flex Awards, including the new stopover rule, see: http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...award_faqs.jsp
Q: Do one-way awards include any stopovers?
A: Awards between North America and Europe, India, Asia, and Central / South America allow a stopover at the North American gateway. However, other one-way awards do not allow stopovers.
Note that free stopovers have been eliminated as of 8 April 2014, so that portion of this discussion is no longer current.

/AA Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

New One-Way Flex Award / Awards, <NO> Stopover Rule, and Booking Engine (May 9, 2009)

Old Jul 26, 2014, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
.... which is the kind of situation that was driving this previously asked question:

.... any chance AA might .... include Sri Lanka in the Ind sub continent?
If a sub-24-hour connection via CMB is possible on a single award for travel between the Americas and the Subcontinent/Middle East, it seems reasonable enough to relocate Sri Lanka into the Subcontinent/ME award zone if AA were to choose to just shuffle Sri Lanka into the Subcontinent/ME zone for award travel pricing purposes. I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of shuffle happens, even as I expect not everyone would be thrilled by CMB being taken out of Asia2.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Here is the actual excerpt from the PDF of the new rules:

SriLankan?
by JonNYCme, on Flickr

And the discussion on TB where this major change was discovered:
http://www.travelingbetter.com/showthread.php?t=5804

Will update as I get final, authoritative interpretation. Still a lot of diagnosis required here
Langauge for "via" has now been changed from:

Europe & Afghanistan /Bangladesh /Bhutan /British Indian Ocean Territory India /Nepal /Pakistan /Maldives /Sri Lanka
TO:

Europe & Bhutan /British Indian Ocean Territory /Sri Lanka
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:26 pm

Free One Ways within North America Any good?

I was reading on another mileage site that a method exists that allows you to book a free one way trip within a year of transcontinental travel on American using an International Gateway city loophole. All the information was circa 2013 and I am wondering if this still exists. Has anyone here been successful with it?

I will be traveling to Thailand later this year using Advantage miles and want to use this trick if it still is valid (or ever was). Any insight or experience appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

AFAIK international gateway stopovers on AA are gone...
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

AFAIK international gateway stopovers on AA are gone...
Yup.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by writebrian
I was reading on another mileage site that a method exists that allows you to book a free one way trip within a year of transcontinental travel on American using an International Gateway city loophole. All the information was circa 2013 and I am wondering if this still exists. Has anyone here been successful with it?

I will be traveling to Thailand later this year using Advantage miles and want to use this trick if it still is valid (or ever was). Any insight or experience appreciated. Thanks in advance!
It was possible, but is no longer. See the wiki post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.