Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Energy Plus AA Bonus Offers (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Energy Plus AA Bonus Offers (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:15 pm

Cool Trying the Energy Plus experiment

Just signed up with Energy Plus.

The state of NY's Web site indicates that Energy Plus is a cheaper option than the dominant ConEd. I'm going to be traveling a lot in the near future, so this is a relatively cheap way for me to see what actual rates turn out to be.

And I get 5K bonus miles after two months for trying them out. If they're lower than ConEd, I'll stay. If they're higher, I go back to ConEd.

I will advise you all on my results.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec PLT; Marriott PLAT
I just received this offer in the mail, 2 months, 7,500 miles but I'm wary of trying it as well.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Just signed up today. 10k miles bonus in CT, only need to stay with them 1 month.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by GuysInCT
Just signed up today. 10k miles bonus in CT, only need to stay with them 1 month.
Do you have a link for that offer? I got the same offer in the mail, but I think the wife has "filed" it
Old Nov 27, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec PLT; Marriott PLAT
Link to the offer I received

www.energyplusrewards.com/AAL244

"7500 bonus miles after your 2nd month as an Energy Plus Customer"

If you decide to switch back, do you call them, or your former energy supplier?
Old Nov 27, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by plat
Link to the offer I received

www.energyplusrewards.com/AAL244

"7500 bonus miles after your 2nd month as an Energy Plus Customer"

If you decide to switch back, do you call them, or your former energy supplier?
Thanks. With a little poking around and changing the variables in the link that your URL routes to, I was able to get the 10,000 mile offer for CT:

http://www.energypluscompany.com/aad...pc=047&pac=AAL
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:46 pm

Energy Plus Texas miles for electric service

My husband and I both got emails today from American Airlines today saying that Texas residents could now earn aadvantage miles by switching to Energy Plus. The interesting thing is that my email said I would earn 10,000 miles and get a rate of 9.5; his email said 7,500 miles and a rate of 10.5. You would think everyone would get the same deal and that they wouldn't sent two different emails to the same household. When I checked I didn't see them listed as a partner on the AA website.

We do earn miles with Gexa, but when we renewed our rate we don't earn as many miles as we used to. Has anyone used Energy Plus?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 3:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Got the same e-mails. I think 2 of each. I am in a Co-Op so I couldn't change anyway. FWIW, I don't think that that rate includes the distribution fee or whatever it is called, that is always a couple more cents per hour.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:23 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I am very happy with Gexa. I received miles for a few years but then discovered a promotional discount of 3% on its fixed-rate plans. No miles with this deal but I decided that paying 3% (or even 1.5%) for miles was too pricey for me.

I'm paying 9.2 cents/kWh through May.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
My email said 7500 miles, 9.5 cents, and a $50 credit.

I had been with Gexa, but they jacked the rates way up (~19 c) for their month-to-month plans. And I didn't want to sign a contract since I rent and was thinking I might move soon. So now I'm paying a good rate with another company but not earning miles.

This offer from Energy Plus looks very good (earn miles, nice rate, sign up bonus, no contract). Since my move is very soon, I'll hold off for now and wait at least until I'm in my new home.

I am a bit nervous about ths company, though. There website has vey little info and does not list the plan options. They aren't listed as an option when I do a search on the state-run powertochoose.org site. And I don't like that different prospects are getting different offers, with no easy way to see other options.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by zdcatc12
Got the same e-mails. I think 2 of each. I am in a Co-Op so I couldn't change anyway. FWIW, I don't think that that rate includes the distribution fee or whatever it is called, that is always a couple more cents per hour.
It doesn't, I actually looked into it. Expect your actual realized cost to be significantly higher than 10.5 as this is only for the energy source, not distribution (i.e. should be on the same playing field as Green Mountain). I personally don't give a s**t about being green if it doubles my electricity bill. I vote for clean coal
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:34 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
A new consolidated thread for Energy Plus offers has now been created.

/Moderator
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:50 am

5,000 mile offer in NJ

I received an offer for 5,000 AA miles for having at least 2 cycles with them.

http://www.energypluscompany.com/aad...pc=046&pac=AAL

Based on this thread, it sounds like miles will post pretty quickly, so it maybe worth it to go with them for 2-3 months and switch back.

Any thoughts? comments? complaints?

Best,

PedroNY
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I got the AA offer for Chicago (and a similar offer from UA). Can anyone tell me what is the fastest way to find out the current Energy Plus rate so that I can make an informed decision? I've looked on their website and do not find their current rate posted.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
COMPARE!

I just cancelled my Energy Plus. I got 10K CO miles a year or so ago. At first, the rate was OK but it began creeping up. In January, I was paying over $.14/kwhr. I quickly changed to ConEd. This is in CT so YM will certainly vary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.