Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GFrye
ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Terminal 3 Flagship Lounge Within H-K Admirals Club complex

Link to ORD information.

Link to ORD web site.

LOCATION: Past security, in the crosswalk between gates H6 and K6 (closer to Gate H6). Within the Admirals Club complex. Open as of 14 Sep 2017.

Link to 13 Sep 2017 illustrated article by Gary Leff, View from the Wing.

NOTE: See below for detailed Flagship Lounge access rules. Qualifying oneworld First and Emerald passengers may host one guest.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Meals throughout the day
    • PCs with Internet access
      • Wi-Fi
        • PrinterOn® printing
          • Cell-phone free area (separate room)
            • Note: showers available in H/K Admirals Club

NEW FLAGSHIP LOUNGE ACCESS POLICY
As part of "In spring 2017 (sic), we’ll start introducing our all-new, larger Flagship® Lounges – completely redesigned for qualifying First and Business Class customers.

Features
  • More room for you to spread out and relax
    • Larger buffet with premium, fresh meals
      • Premium beer, wine and spirits
        • Updated interiors with additional power and privacy options
          • More staff in each lounge for the highest level of service

American Airlines is expanding access to the Flagship® Lounges (but reducing access to Flagship® Dining within the Flagship® Lounges):

Expanded access

In the new Flagship® Lounges (not to be confused with Flagship® Dining), eligible customers are:
  • First and Business Class customers (on qualifying international flights or 3-class transcontinental markets*)
    • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including Concierge Key), Platinum Pro and Platinum members in any cabin (on qualifying international flights*)
      • oneworld® Emerald and Sapphire members in any cabin (on all qualifying flights**)

*Qualifying international cities include flights to and from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia and Mexico City only. Flights must be marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline. Domestic currently include A321T three class flights between JFK and LAX or SFO, and 77W MIA-LAX.

**AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members traveling solely on North American itineraries (other than flights mentioned immediately above) will not qualify. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)

Gary Leff's access summary is useful:

The following passengers have access, although the way to think of this is that it’s a business class lounge — open to American Airlines Platinum elites and higher flying international, ConciergeKey members flying domestic, business class passengers and oneworld sapphire (mid-tier) elites any time.

Business or first class passengers flying on American or oneworld airlines flying to Asia Pacific, Europe, Central or South America and Mexico. (First class passengers may bring in one guest, business class passengers do not get guests.)

Business or first class passengers flying non-stop New York JFK – Los Angeles or San Francisco and Los Angeles – Miami.

American’s Platinum (and Platinum Pro) elite members and above flying internationally or connecting to an international flight on American or oneworld, with one guest permitted.

ConciergeKey members even on domestic flights, with one guest permitted.

Non-American Airlines oneworld Emerald (top tier) and Sapphire (mid tier) members even on domestic flights with one guest permitted.

Link to ORD Concourse H-K (Gate H-6) Connector Admirals Club thread

Terminal 3 serves AB [flights end 24 Sep 2017]*, AA, AS, IB*, (*departures only)

Obsolete posts about the K-19 Flagship Lounge, now closed, have been archived to ARCHIVE: ORD / Chicago O'Hare CLOSED K-19 Flagship Lounge

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

ORD / Chicago O'Hare Int'l. Airport T3 H-K NEW Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by zpaul
If you have access to the FL you have access to the AC, there are no "invitations" for the AC. If you check in and they let you through to the elevator, you're fine.
Good to know. So next time swingaling can (1) first take the elevator up to AC, (2) grab some wasabis, and (3) then go to the Flagship floor. No need for a second invite. Solves every problem!
zpaul likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Briefly visited the H/K Admirals Club yesterday - looking great, but still crowded; let's hope the issue is resolved once the remainder of the lounge reopens.

What was most notable, however, was the number of apparent business travelers trying to sneak into the Flagship Lounge. On the elevator ride up to the Admirals Club, we stopped at the second floor; two bros in the elevator left and tried to enter the Flagship Lounge - the poor door agent ran after them and kindly asked them for their invitation; they had none, and were sent packing to the Admirals Club (along with one additional bro who also had tried to sneak in).

All three complained about it (with one noting that he sneaks into the Flagship Lounge in MIA all the time, and how he couldn't understand why he couldn't do the same in ORD).
aktchi and zpaul like this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:56 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I just received an email from AA noting that the ORD Flagship lounge is now (officially) open--they show a photo of the "buffet" section. That photo looks identical (with "blue" flight board in the background) to FL in JFK.
Will ALL of their FLs look the same?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:59 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by nrr
That photo looks identical (with "blue" flight board in the background) to FL in JFK.
Will ALL of their FLs look the same?
They're trying to save money on photographers, to help offset the cost of stolen blankets.
fedechat likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by swingaling
I'm not sure, but I didn't try to visit the AC. Visiting one of the other AC's, such as the one near G8, probably would have been easy enough. The way it's setup, you need an invitation to get admitted to the FL. Presumably I'd have had to go back downstairs to get an AC invite and a second FL invite to re-enter the FL.
When I did my transcon from JFK in August, I was not given any invitation at check-in, but still could get in FL without any problem.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
When I did my transcon from JFK in August, I was not given any invitation at check-in, but still could get in FL without any problem.
It may be different in JFK due to the layout in ORD.

In ORD, the FL and AC are accessed by the same elevator. The invitation to access the FL is used in order to prevent people who only have access to the AC from accessing the FL.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA EXP
Was in the ORD FL lounge on Monday as a Platinum after a flight in from PVG. I had no idea it was open yet, so a very pleasant surprise.

The lounge is great! I found it much more spacious and private than the JFK FL Lounge. And, much less crowded. There was barley anyone around for the couple of hours I was there.

The food spread was nice and everything I had was very tasty: chilled pork tenderloin, a couple pieces of sushi, potato rosti and the salmon was really good.

Shower suite was nice and roomy.

The agents staffing the customer service desk were super helpful and professional with the flight change I needed.

Seating was comfortable and nice to see they have a quiet room and a dimmed 'resting' room with laid back chairs and ottomans. There was also a cool TV area in the back that would be a nice place to watch a game.

One thing I found annoying were the automatic doors at the entrance that were constantly opening and closing not only when people were entering/exiting, but when anyone would walk by the entrance while getting from one place to another within the lounge. I also felt bad for the agents that had to stand by the elevators to collect the invitations. Seem like they should get rid of the useless doors and put a small desk in their place where an agent can collect the invitations.

Overall, a great step forward on the lounge front!
zpaul likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:58 am

It may be different in JFK due to the layout in ORD.

In ORD, the FL and AC are accessed by the same elevator. The invitation to access the FL is used in order to prevent people who only have access to the AC from accessing the FL.
Well aware of that and JFK T8 actually has similar layout (share the same elevator as well). To me CX is the one of the few who really send out paper invitation, which is a nice touch..

and AA, BA is just YMMV. Sometimes at check-in a nice AAngel will ask you and tell you about lounge access; sometimes they just chat and don't even bother to attach the luggage tags to your bags. My trip to MEX last week, nobody even mentioned at all about AC access, which is just sad.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Well aware of that and JFK T8 actually has similar layout (share the same elevator as well). To me CX is the one of the few who really send out paper invitation, which is a nice touch..

and AA, BA is just YMMV. Sometimes at check-in a nice AAngel will ask you and tell you about lounge access; sometimes they just chat and don't even bother to attach the luggage tags to your bags. My trip to MEX last week, nobody even mentioned at all about AC access, which is just sad.
FWIW, I'm pretty sure that going to MEX gives you FL access.

That said, I've never gotten a paper invite from CX, but I've never done a counter check-in with CX either. Though the rear of the CX mobile BP does typically include a lounge invite. Never seen something like that on the back of an AA mobile (or paper) BP.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:00 pm

That said, I've never gotten a paper invite from CX, but I've never done a counter check-in with CX either. Though the rear of the CX mobile BP does typically include a lounge invite. Never seen something like that on the back of an AA mobile (or paper) BP.
Yes, I am aware of MEX is granted, but the sad part is nobody even mentioned it. I checked in at counters on both of my trips.

Next time when you need to check luggages with CX and check in at the counter, they will give you a BP holder, which includes transition guide in HKG (lounge and transfer information) and at least one lounge invite (domestic lounge invite and HKG lounge invite). The BP holder is not as fancy as QR's, but still nice.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN

It's true that MEX should include FL access. Too bad AA nixed the direct ORD-MEX flight.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club, National Exec something!
An access question.

AA EXP. (upped to C via SWU, on a positive note)

PVG -> ORD on AA 288.
ORD -> RDU later this eve.

Will I have access to the FL? Didn't get an invitation in PVG (obviously).
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Originally Posted by kesco
An access question.

AA EXP. (upped to C via SWU, on a positive note)

PVG -> ORD on AA 288.
ORD -> RDU later this eve.

Will I have access to the FL? Didn't get an invitation in PVG (obviously).
Yes, why not. Only if ORD-RDU is on separate ticket # they would not let You in.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:36 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
I was amazed at the standard of this lounge when transiting at ORD last night (SAN-ORD-LHR). I am usually a BA J traveller - this totally blows Galleries Club at LHR out of the water and is, IMHO, a step up from the T5 Flounge.

Great effort AA, in stark contrast to the relentless cost-cutting at Cruz airlines.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by elpi
Yes, why not. Only if ORD-RDU is on separate ticket # they would not let You in.
I disagree. I have gotten, no questions asked, access to the FL using it as an arrivals lounge. For example LHR-ORD on AA (no connecting flights) wanting to wait for a colleague arriving on UA a couple of hours later. Also, even if the domestic leg was on a separate PNR, they generally ask for your inbound BP or they look up the flight to grant access.

Admittedly, this has been my experience on multiple occasions and it may not reflect the written rules
FlytheTail likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.