Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by chicago747
She was able to get me back in FIRST after about a 20 minute hold, but I still can't print my receipt. Although multiple agents assure me the tickets are fine....this just feels like a situation where I get to the airport and I get bumped to coach. I've never used an BXP1 before so not sure if this is normal. Anyone ever have an experience like this? If so, was there a specific way to get the tickets issued correctly?

Thanks for any thought!
The Print Ticket & Receipt option has disappeared from aa.com on some itineraries. To get it, pull up the reservation on aa.com, then open a new tab in your browser, and paste this link in.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by Herb687
Do BXP1 upgrades now book into a different inventory than 500-mile "sticker" upgrades?

If A became C for D48 travel, what did X become?
R
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The Print Ticket & Receipt option has disappeared from aa.com on some itineraries. To get it, pull up the reservation on aa.com, then open a new tab in your browser, and paste this link in.
^^^

Thank you!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Great tip! Thanks very much for this!!

As an aside, my BXP1 upgrade shows booked into D booking class. Is that probably because they had to "force" the space open to get me back into first? I'm just wondering if I'll get a few "bonus" eqm's.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: AA
This is fantastic, thank you.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by chicago747
Great tip! Thanks very much for this!!

As an aside, my BXP1 upgrade shows booked into D booking class. Is that probably because they had to "force" the space open to get me back into first? I'm just wondering if I'll get a few "bonus" eqm's.
In my experience, you get EQM credit for the fare class of your ticket. May be best to let sleeping dogs lie if I'm understanding your post correctly.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:09 pm

I have a voucher for C1-C2 round-trip in F expiring on Dec 28, 2016. What are my best options to avoid it just expiring if I cannot find anything useful (on 77W) - that is apart from "selling it" against the T&Cs?

Should I just book any F round-trip as far out as possible, and hope I make change within the next 12 months?

Thank you
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:19 pm

Given the extreme paucity of AA saver-level inventory, AA really ought to let folks return vouchers requiring such inventory. I see strong grounds for a DOT complaint, informal or formal, if AA refuses to do so. Scibuff, you could ask Business Extra staff for that flexibility in light of AA's limited inventory, and failing that consider seeking assistance from DOT.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bedelman
Given the extreme paucity of AA saver-level inventory, AA really ought to let folks return vouchers requiring such inventory. I see strong grounds for a DOT complaint, informal or formal, if AA refuses to do so. Scibuff, you could ask Business Extra staff for that flexibility in light of AA's limited inventory, and failing that consider seeking assistance from DOT.

A DOT complaint over 77W inventory less than 30 days out? Seems like a reach, but you are the DOT complaint expert.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by dickinson
A DOT complaint over 77W inventory less than 30 days out? Seems like a reach, but you are the DOT complaint expert.
To be honest, I've been on a lookout for saver 77W space since February ...
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:15 pm

The complaint isn't about a particular instance of poor to no inventory. It's about a widespread practice of same, arguably violating DOT's guidance about the level of availability that must be offered if a carrier wants to "advertise" a fare or redemption ("advertise" meaning telling people about it, not just buy TV ads and whatnot). And then when a consumer believes the carrier's statement and tries to redeem, the consumer finds it can't be done -- and backing up (to switch to some other redemption) purportedly requires paying a fee. I can definitely see the DOT being receptive.

Some folks might enjoy this DOT guidance from 1994:

The Department’s deceptive practices prohibitions preclude airlines from imposing unreasonable capacity restrictions and/or unannounced blackout dates for the use of frequent flyer awards.To the extent airlines offer their frequent flyers awards for service to destinations, that traditionally are subject to high consumer demand, they must include in their promotional materials adequate disclosure that seats are limited—at times severely—and may not be available on every flight, if in fact that is the case.
If the number of seats that are made available at an advertised discount fare is limited and/or they are not available on every flight, the ad should specifically state either or both restrictions, as applicable.

See also http://www.regulations.gov/#!documen...2014-0001-0012 (Southwest fined for no seats available) and http://www.dot.gov/sites/dot.dev/fil...s/19941220.pdf (DOT letter to AA then-CEO Crandall re the need for "reasonable quantities for a reasonable period").
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by scibuff
I have a voucher for C1-C2 round-trip in F expiring on Dec 28, 2016. What are my best options to avoid it just expiring if I cannot find anything useful (on 77W) - that is apart from "selling it" against the T&Cs?

Should I just book any F round-trip as far out as possible, and hope I make change within the next 12 months?

Thank you
return the voucher and pay $150 fee to reinstate the points. I did that a few months ago for a BXP3 that we couldn't use.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by billgrates3
return the voucher and pay $150 fee to reinstate the points. I did that a few months ago for a BXP3 that we couldn't use.
Am I understanding you correctly. I have a BXP3 that will expire eoy and was unable to find a fare class to use it this year. AABusinessExtra will reissue points in exchange of 150.00?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA
I just called Business Extra to try and redeem two BXP1 certificates for two passengers (including myself) flying SFO-JFK in February. The agent said there was availability and booked us into First. On my AA account, the flight shows us as being in First, and I am able to select seats in that cabin.

Two questions:
1. Does this seem correct? I would have expected to be booked into Business on a three-class plane. Is there any risk here?
2. Do I need to fill out all the information on the front of the certificate before arriving at the gate, or will the gate agent do that? (And if there's a risk the upgrade won't clear, should I risk filling out the certificate in ink?)
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by rookie10
Am I understanding you correctly. I have a BXP3 that will expire eoy and was unable to find a fare class to use it this year. AABusinessExtra will reissue points in exchange of 150.00?
I inquired and yes they will do that. It is $150 for the first one and if you are doing multiple at the same time is is $25 for each additional ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.