Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by CNMAZ
The bonus for TATL promotion posted to the BE account with a date of 09/19/16. There is no detail for the points that posted and there is some missing points I will have to call about.

When I called, the agent did not have the detail behind the lump sum promotion point posting.

I had to submit an email with the ticket numbers that I was expecting credit and their department will have to research the missing points.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
I wonder why AA sets up BE but doesn't do the related IT effort to make the program work. To many manual requests for original flight credit, and now 2 of 3 transatlantic tickets bonus did not post. My small business likes the possible benefits of BE but not the effort required to track BE mistakes. I wonder what it will be like to redeem for transpac tickets (not just certificates). I shudder to think!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cvg-aa
I wonder why AA sets up BE but doesn't do the related IT effort to make the program work. To many manual requests for original flight credit, and now 2 of 3 transatlantic tickets bonus did not post. My small business likes the possible benefits of BE but not the effort required to track BE mistakes. I wonder what it will be like to redeem for transpac tickets (not just certificates). I shudder to think!
Tell me about it. Any change to the ticket seems to cause the BusinessExtraa number to vanish. I once thought it was only re-issues, but even schedule changes seem to cause this problem.

I now enter all of my ticket numbers into the retroactive credit fields a few months after travel. This is faster than trying to reconcile each ticket with the actual dollars credited to BE.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:43 pm

Carefully reviewing summer BE records, I see two costly business class tickets that posted halfway -- outbound segments posted, returns not. Inexplicable. Really unfortunate. Lots of points hang in the balance. Not impressed.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I see this today.
09/19/2016 Promotional - Transatlantic Bonus - Summer 2016
Old Sep 22, 2016, 6:00 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
ICYMI

ICYMI - New Promo for Boston flights...

Earn double points on flights in or out of Boston

Starting September 22, 2016, earn double Business Extra points when you travel on any flight into or out of Boston. Simply register using promotion code BOS2X16 and travel between September 22 and December 31, 2016.
https://businessextra.com/i18n/conte...rs/BOS2X16.jsp
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I was denied the remaining transatlantic bonus that didnt post on 09/19 -saying those tickets were retro claimed(which was due to them not auto posting)
Frustrating!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Acid
I was denied the remaining transatlantic bonus that didnt post on 09/19 -saying those tickets were retro claimed(which was due to them not auto posting)
Frustrating!
I specifically asked them about this since I hd the same issue they said as long as the BE number was on the reservation before the flight they would honor it... why do I have a feeling its going to be a long futile fight? Should they not take care of this they will lose most of my business, they allready lost my FF business so i guess it will be a clean break! 3200points for their mistakes is not acceptable!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
How long is the expiration date likely to be for an Admirals Club day pass?

I'm referring to the BXP7 award.

The wiki and AA just say "expiration date is on the certificate" but I wonder if there is any way to estimate how long it will be good for in advance of ordering the certificate.

Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
Originally Posted by stheller
I'm referring to the BXP7 award.

The wiki and AA just say "expiration date is on the certificate" but I wonder if there is any way to estimate how long it will be good for in advance of ordering the certificate.

Thanks.
I redeemed for a couple of these a week or 2 ago and mine are good through 12/31/2017.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:15 pm
uxb

On a side note: I just redeemed my BXP1 cert for my trip home. I'm guessing that those of you who still have your certs after using them tried to give it to the GATE agent and not the TICKETING agent. You might want to consider giving it to the appropriate AA employee next time.

Last edited by uxb; Oct 3, 2016 at 2:52 am Reason: Fixed typo
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by uxb
On a side note: I just redeemed my BPX1 cert for my trip home. I'm guessing that those of you who still have your certs after using them tried to give it to the GATE agent and not the TICKETING agent. You might want to consider giving it to the appropriate AA employee next time.
Ticketing? You mean the "baggage" agent? Lots of people walk right past that agent. Also BXP right?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:52 am
uxb

Originally Posted by hiima
Ticketing? You mean the "baggage" agent? Lots of people walk right past that agent. Also BXP right?
No, I mean ticketing agent because you can purchase/modify a ticket directly through them, despite the fact that they don't sit in one of those ultra fancy trailers as in most word airports. You've found one typo, so chill it with the sanctimony. As for bypassing the counter, the Telephone Ticketing Agent tells you that you MUST go to the Airport Ticketing Agent prior to departure, or you will lose your seat assignment. People who've been able to retain their certificates essentially got lucky, but I wouldn't try to use them again unless you want a visit from the AA Revenue Management faery. YMMV! Cheers!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
BXP3's are use it or lose it...right? I have one that is expiring end of year and not sure I can get it used. I am pretty sure that is the case wanted to at least ask in case there was another option.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by mcgahat
BXP3's are use it or lose it...right? I have one that is expiring end of year and not sure I can get it used. I am pretty sure that is the case wanted to at least ask in case there was another option.
Correct.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.