Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by DLinYUL
Correct. There's nothing stopping you from re-using it.
Moral values?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by mvoight
Moral values?
What's that :P
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:40 am

Has anyone had their points from promotions post ? I signed up and completed my Signup promotion for 2000 points, but apparently one has to wait until July 31 until the promotion ends for the points to post. Also completed 2TATL on AA in J, but again have to wait until July 31 for the promotion to end for the points to post.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by kauppias
Im not in a hurry as long as the promo posts as well I have no clue what to use them on yet but Im sure something will come up
Finally posted but as zero points

All shows Segment exchanged
Old Jul 16, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Im on an anytime business extra award and also an EXP at t24 today i got an email stating ive been upgraded on both segments. I thought these were treated like award tickets and comp upgrades are not allowed?
Old Jul 16, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by william142
Im on an anytime business extra award and also an EXP at t24 today i got an email stating ive been upgraded on both segments. I thought these were treated like award tickets and comp upgrades are not allowed?
What's your routing?

I have an EXP friend who was upgraded on an AAward ticket DFW-TUS last week.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Originally Posted by econometrics
What's your routing?

I have an EXP friend who was upgraded on an AAward ticket DFW-TUS last week.
Phx-phl-pvd
It was processed as a comp upgrade n i recieved the youve been upgraded email.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by william142
Phx-phl-pvd
It was processed as a comp upgrade n i recieved the youve been upgraded email.
I thought AAnytime awards in coach booked into full Y and not award buckets so wouldnt they then be treated as Revenue tickets?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:46 am

They seem to have added a new award tier for transcon flights. PlanAhead first class is now 7,200 points. It was 4,800. Business is now 5,400 versus the old rate of 3,200.

Good news is the description says it's only for JFK to/from LAX/SFO. But if that's the case, it would appear there is no longer an award that exists for LAX-MIA first class? Certainly not good news. But if the 777-300 in business round trip is still only 3,200 points that's still a good deal.

Last edited by mrfussion; Aug 3, 2016 at 12:51 am
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:59 am

That is a sharp increase! I read all Businessextra correspondence carefully and noticed no mention of this. A silent increase with no advance notice and indeed no notice at all? That's not the AA I used to know and trust.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Just to let everyone know, I was checking my AA business extra account yesterday,
seems a lot of segments are not posting, just in the last 3 months alone, 7 long haul segments did not post for points, most of the reasons were that I never took the flight,
(most on BA), I would advise you all to check your balances and make sure every flight is accounted for. (they will back credit up to a year)
Old Aug 7, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by fotographer
Just to let everyone know, I was checking my AA business extra account yesterday,
seems a lot of segments are not posting, just in the last 3 months alone, 7 long haul segments did not post for points, most of the reasons were that I never took the flight,
(most on BA), I would advise you all to check your balances and make sure every flight is accounted for. (they will back credit up to a year)
Actually, this has been a problem for years! I've had to request points for flights that BE did not auto-credit many, many times over the past 4+ years, both for myself and colleagues.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:48 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by mrfussion
They seem to have added a new award tier for transcon flights. PlanAhead first class is now 7,200 points. It was 4,800. Business is now 5,400 versus the old rate of 3,200.

Good news is the description says it's only for JFK to/from LAX/SFO. But if that's the case, it would appear there is no longer an award that exists for LAX-MIA first class? Certainly not good news. But if the 777-300 in business round trip is still only 3,200 points that's still a good deal.
Was the international chart also gutted?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Is there a way to add a referral code on an already opened account.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by uxb
Was the international chart also gutted?
Nothing further as availability is almost impossible for lower plan ahead levels anyway.

Rasheed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.