Loyalty Points in new Business Program

Old Yesterday, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat
Loyalty Points in new Business Program

My small business spends 300-400k each year on our Advantage Business card. Right now I earn all the miles and all the Loyalty Points. My employees do not care, none of them fly American. They are all Southwest Airlines customers.

I am also the only person who flies international, and I like my upgrades and Business Class mileage seats. Now I think I am being told that my employees who are authorized users will earn the Loyalty Points on their purchases, and these Loyalty Points will not go to my account.

Is this correct? If so is there a workaround? I talked to someone at AA on the phone and she was not able to even understand the question let alone solve the problem. I am EXP, will the EXP line help?

Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 1:51 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Employees will earn LPs based on the base fare of their ticket whether it's purchased through the business or not. Those LPs cannot be transferred to you or your business. Your business will earn AAdvantage miles (not LPs) for tickets purchased for registered employees that are booked through aa.com or the app. You can use those AAdvantage miles to redeem for awards like upgrades, tickets, etc. just as anyone would. You can also transfer miles to employees if you choose to (e.g. as a performance reward).

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...w-it-works.jsp
Old Yesterday, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat
Thanks. I want to keep the Loyalty Points we earn through credit card spend. None of the employees fly American-they are all devoted to Southwest. But they are authorized users on my business credit card, and I want to continue getting those loyalty points in my account.
Old Yesterday, 2:32 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
That's fine. You'll get 1 LP per dollar spent on your business card. So if you're buying all the airline tickets (regardless if if it's Southwest or AA), you do earn those points towards status. However, if your employee is an authorized user and has their own card on your account, the LPs for spend go to them.

https://creditcards.aa.com/citi-busi...mpaign=smb_hiw

Each cardmember (primary and employees) earns one Loyalty Point for every $1 spent on their business card purchases.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.