Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:54 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Introduction
Welcome to the 2024 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
Looking for older meal posts? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past!For the 2023 Domestic Meals thread, click here.

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 1, 2024 at 9:01 am
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:54 am

Premium Economy pre-order options for DFW-AKL. Opinions or personal experiences with the choices? Nothing really stands out. Is there likely to be a different choice onboard if I don’t preorder?
  • Oven Roasted Chicken Breast
    • Baby bow tie and barley pasta salad, roasted mushroom and fava beans, chipotle-lime cream sauce
  • Classic Cheese Ravioli
    • ​​​​​​​Seasoned tomatoes and artichokes, shaved Parmesan, pomodoro sauce
  • Quinoa and Toasted Orzo Salad
    • ​​​​​​​Sliced chicken breast, pickled red onion
Old Jan 1, 2024, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
J flight later this month CTG-MIA, there are two options:
  • Baja tilapia
    with lemon, served with coriander rice and mango cubes
  • CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY ORANGE CRUST
    Served with cauliflower cheese and vegetables
I'm confused what 'cauliflower cheese' means. Perhaps cauliflower with cheese?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA
Late Dec EZE

EZE-JFK Filet Mignon - this was actually fairly good, cooked to a tolerable medium well

MIA-EZE Breakfast

MIA-EZE Snapper - was ok, kind of bland
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:36 pm

Programs: Aer Club, BAEC
AA133: DUB-DFW: 2pm 21Dec 2034
Lunch
777 (2-class)
Flagship Business

I hope I will be forgiven for posting a meal from the tail-end of 2023 in the 2024 thread but alas I am late with my update and the 2023 thread has closed.

As an aside the FA working my aisle was amazing. Jeanie was warm, helpful and just great all round!

Menu

Menu

Menu

Warm nuts and G&T served by friendly and helpful FA who was great throughout the flight

Really good starter

Loved the paneer

My first AA sundae did not disappoint

Meal prior to landing. Cold noodle salad. It was better then I anticipated
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Irel
Lunch
777 (2-class)
Flagship Business

I hope I will be forgiven for posting a meal from the tail-end of 2023 in the 2024 thread but alas I am late with my update and the 2023 thread has c
As an aside the FA working my aisle was amazing. Jeanie was warm, helpful and just great all r

Really good starter

Same starter, different FAs...
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:58 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Aa1302 mex-mia 7m8 11:20am

Had the chicken with mushroom sauce that came with coconut rice and veggies. Again, ex-MEX catering did a phenomenal job. Chicken was actually moist and edible and the coconut rice, with actual coconut shavings vs say se Asian coconut rice, was def unique but very tasty. Dessert (which was delicious) was served after the main meals, but before the trays were collected, which was odd but oh well.

Also want to note later that day I flew AA289 (MIA-JFK), where I had the short rib. Won’t post that one since it appears a plethora of times on last years forum, but like my previous ex-JFK flight, the short rib was a pre-order only option, and not available to those who hadn’t preordered it. So another data point that AA is definitely expanding its pre-order only options to include not just the 2 “healthy” dishes only.

Last edited by fender5787; Jan 4, 2024 at 3:24 pm
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
AA194 PHX-LHR January 8, 2024.

i flew in J class. I ate prime ribs with a sweet potato and dinner rolls. Breakfast time before descent approaching to London Heathrow. But no ice cream and dessert for me.

Shrimps.

Prime ribs.

Scrambled eggs with bacon and potatoes.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 6:06 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Understand that this thread is mainly for biz meals but looking for advice on international economy ones...can anyone advise if the various preorder options-lowfat meal,hindi meal etc are better than the standard one?thanks
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
hindi meal
Hindu meals. Hindi is a language, Hindu is a religion or a follower thereof.
BA or bust and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by erayhorn
Premium Economy pre-order options for DFW-AKL. Opinions or personal experiences with the choices? Nothing really stands out. Is there likely to be a different choice onboard if I don’t preorder?
  • Oven Roasted Chicken Breast
    • Baby bow tie and barley pasta salad, roasted mushroom and fava beans, chipotle-lime cream sauce
  • Classic Cheese Ravioli
    • ​​​​​​​Seasoned tomatoes and artichokes, shaved Parmesan, pomodoro sauce
  • Quinoa and Toasted Orzo Salad
    • ​​​​​​​Sliced chicken breast, pickled red onion
I have the same choices PHL to ZRH. Any recommendations?
Old Jan 15, 2024, 5:52 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
1/13/2024, AA80, DFW-LHR, Flagship Business

Menu

Started with warm nuts (top left of tray table) and hot towels (not pictured), but the actual starter course was a latin shaved beef which was served chilled. There was also a salad with it. The beef itself was pretty good and the whole setup it came with was pretty nice too, all went pretty well together. The salad wasn't bad too and about as much as you can ask for from a salad on a starter course.

For the main course, I pre selected the herb grilled beef filet. Came with some spinach, squash, and a twice baked potato. The filet was actually great and cooked to a nice medium so there was still some pink which I liked. Was nice and flavorful and also not rubbery and tough, was pretty tender. The potato was ok, but the squash and spinach were great. Pretty solid main course and I'd get it again, but the other three options also sounded pretty good to me and would be open to trying those too. On the pre select menu there was also an additional two options being the grain bowl and the golden chicken.

And to round out dinner service with dessert, I had to get the ice cream sundae. This was great and pretty hard to screw up anyway. I kept it simple and only added berries and whipped cream, I'm not a fan of chocolate. Was great though.

Now this snack setup in the galley I loved, I didn't even notice this was here until I asked an FA for a drink in the dead of the night and she pointed out there was also food up here if I wanted any. I came up to check it out and was very pleasantly surprised. Not only is there like snack basket type food and waters for grab and go, there was also more substantial, plated options like fresh fruit, hummus, veggies, and a couple types of sandwiches. I took a pimento cheese sandwich from here which was actually pretty good as well. I've been Delta loyal since I was shot out of the womb 20 years ago but the recent SkyPesos changes in addition to being based in London half the time now pushed me over to oneworld, and took several Delta One long hauls last year. I didn't see any setup like this in Delta One.

Last but not least was the pre arrival breakfast for which I chose the swiss and tomato omelet. This was also pretty tasty and quite filling. Great way to round out the flight. Also not pictured but found interesting, I got a Coke to drink here and it was an Argentinian Coke. This flight obviously didn't touch Argentina and the inbound also came from LHR, that was a first for me.

Pretty good flight in Flagship Business. This was my first time flying Flagship Business on a long haul and my expectations were exceeded. Great seat on the 77W, great crew, and great eats. The little things like that little walk up grab and go thing go a long way for me and made a difference. Ground experience on my 4 hour layover at the DFW FL was also fantastic as always. Can't wait to fly Flagship Business again in the future
Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:06 am

CDG to PHL in February. Any advice? Has anyone tried the Flat Iron Steak?
  • Dukkah-Marinated Organic Chicken Breast, spicy harissa sauce, dill basmati rice, broad beans in tomato sauce
  • Honey and Soy Marinated Salmon, teriyaki sauce, edamame, grits, broccoli
  • Tomato & Mozzarella stuffed Canneloni, creamy spinach, pesto rosso sauce
  • Sous-vide Flat Iron Steak, roasted fingerling potatoes, sautéed green beans, tomatoes on the vine, red wine sauce

Last edited by sushanna1; Jan 15, 2024 at 11:08 am Reason: Remove personal information.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Irel
Lunch
777 (2-class)
Flagship Business

I hope I will be forgiven for posting a meal from the tail-end of 2023 in the 2024 thread but alas I am late with my update and the 2023 thread has closed.

As an aside the FA working my aisle was amazing. Jeanie was warm, helpful and just great all round!

Menu

Menu

Menu

Warm nuts and G&T served by friendly and helpful FA who was great throughout the flight

Really good starter

Loved the paneer

My first AA sundae did not disappoint

Meal prior to landing. Cold noodle salad. It was better then I anticipated
AA's 772 aircraft have 3 classes, not 2, since PE is sold as a separate class than Y.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 7:12 pm

January LAX-LHR

Menu

Shrip starter, Salad - weird presentation with the plastic wrap still on, yet greens on top...

Chicken - fairly bland and the broccoli was cooked to death, happy I had eaten in QF. Seatmate nearby had the short rib, which includes the same sweet potatoes served with the breakfast frittata (???)

Obligatory

Fruit plate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.