Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2008, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Dear Joel604,

For a limited time, you can enjoy the benefits of an Admirals Club membership for even longer. Purchase a new Admirals Club® membership online by June 30, 2008, and you will receive 14 months of membership for your first annual membership term. That's 14 months of membership for the price of 12 months!

It's easy! Just visit us online to purchase your membership. As an AAdvantage® elite member, you are eligible for a reduced rate Admirals Club membership based on your AAdvantage tier level. And don't forget, you can redeem your AAdvantage miles for an Admirals Club membership.

Enroll now and the next time you travel, you could escape the hustle and bustle of the terminal and enjoy a peaceful, professional environment in more than 40 Admirals Club locations worldwide! Just a few benefits of membership include:
  • Assistance with boarding passes, seat selection and upgrades
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi in all lounge locations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico designated as T-Mobile® Hotspots
  • PCs with free Internet Access
  • Work areas and access to dataports, business and meeting services
  • Showers, Cyber-Cafés, Music Rooms and Childrens' Rooms in select locations
  • Complimentary coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks…and much more

For complete details about Admirals Club locations, membership benefits and to purchase a membership, visit www.aa.com/admiralsclub.

Promotional Terms and Conditions:
*This offer is valid only for recipients of this targeted email campaign. Offer recipients must become a new Admirals Club member between May 29, 2008, and June 30, 2008, to qualify for the 14 month promotional offer. Enrollment must be completed online. You must be 18 years old to purchase and hold an Admirals Club membership. This promotion is not valid for renewal of or adding a spouse membership to an existing membership. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional discounts or promotional offers. No retroactive credits apply. Admirals Club memberships are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Payment options include approved credit card payment or AAdvantage miles as outlined online. Membership rates based on AAdvantage tier status. Complete terms and conditions of membership found on www.aa.com/admiralsclub.
Old May 29, 2008, 7:25 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Two Months Free On An Admirals Club Membership

Just received this email today, emphasis added.
Dear skunker,

For a limited time, you can enjoy the benefits of an Admirals Club membership for even longer. Purchase a new Admirals Club® membership online by June 30, 2008, and you will receive 14 months of membership for your first annual membership term. That's 14 months of membership for the price of 12 months!

It's easy! Just visit us online to purchase your membership. As an AAdvantage® elite member, you are eligible for a reduced rate Admirals Club membership based on your AAdvantage tier level. And don't forget, you can redeem your AAdvantage miles for an Admirals Club membership.

Enroll now and the next time you travel, you could escape the hustle and bustle of the terminal and enjoy a peaceful, professional environment in more than 40 Admirals Club locations worldwide! Just a few benefits of membership include:
Assistance with boarding passes, seat selection and upgrades
Complimentary Wi-Fi in all lounge locations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico designated as T-Mobile® Hotspots
PCs with free Internet Access
Work areas and access to dataports, business and meeting services
Showers, Cyber-Cafés, Music Rooms and Childrens' Rooms in select locations
Complimentary coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks…and much more
For complete details about Admirals Club locations, membership benefits and to purchase a membership, visit www.aa.com/admiralsclub.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promotional Terms and Conditions:
*This offer is valid only for recipients of this targeted email campaign. Offer recipients must become a new Admirals Club member between May 29, 2008, and June 30, 2008, to qualify for the 14 month promotional offer. Enrollment must be completed online. You must be 18 years old to purchase and hold an Admirals Club membership. This promotion is not valid for renewal of or adding a spouse membership to an existing membership. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional discounts or promotional offers. No retroactive credits apply. Admirals Club memberships are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Payment options include approved credit card payment or AAdvantage miles as outlined online. Membership rates based on AAdvantage tier status. Complete terms and conditions of membership found on www.aa.com/admiralsclub.
Old May 29, 2008, 8:12 pm
Original Member

I got this today too - looks like AA is desperate to get revenue this quarter. From the AADER double EQM promotion to this, they are definitely trying to get whatever cash they can before the end of June.
Old May 29, 2008, 8:37 pm

deleted

Last edited by tuanners; May 30, 2008 at 9:21 pm Reason: threads merged, this post is OT now
Old May 29, 2008, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
I received an offer for a $100 discount when I let my membership lapse (several month period with minimal flying). I had already renewed days before receiving the offer, and they credited $100 back to my credit card.
I received the same offer via e-mail. It was for both new memberships and renewals. However the promotion officially ended April 30th. Wish I kept the email with the promotion code in case any of you wanted to try.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:43 pm

Does AA ever discount Admiral Club?

I am looking at the AC fee guide. Notice there is an extra fee for new members. Anyone know if they ever waive that fee? Or do they ever run a promotion?
Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
There have been a few discounts floating around in the past, usually targeted e-mails, but generally they don't waive the $50 fee for new members.

A new member can save $50 with the Citi AAdvantage business card, which offsets the fee, and there are discounts for status, too. You could find some details by searching the AA forum for Admirals Club discount.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by qazw1
I am looking at the AC fee guide. Notice there is an extra fee for new members. Anyone know if they ever waive that fee? Or do they ever run a promotion?
A few months ago, my wife (PLT) got snail mail with a free day pass for herself, and a day pass to give away. In addition, she (and the other person) would receive $50 off an AC membership.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one of these.
Coincidently, my wife actually bought me a membership last Christmas.
(The Christmas before she got me QC3's, but I trade them for QC2's, because I liked them to cover the ears
.... She kept the $50+tax refund)
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Some employers arrange a discount. Through mine, I get $50 off new memberships/$25 off renewals (in addition to elite discounts).
Old Aug 18, 2008, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last week at STL, a fellow at the front desk was discussing a $100 discount email he had received and he wanted to join on the spot using the discount. They told him they would need that email so they directed him to go upstairs and print it out for them. Former members often get letters offering a $50 or $100 discount to re-join.

When I last renewed (close to the last day of the month), aa.com mistakenly claimed that my membership had expired and that for one month, AA would waive the $50 initiation fee.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold
Originally Posted by qazw1
Last week mine was waived in LAX, called the "LAX SPECIAL DISCOUNT." This was done inside the AC itself and only when we asked for the cost difference between cash/credit and miles.

They do discount it flat out, and it may be targeted AC. I am also EXP. Seems like, though, it didn't matter.

Last edited by dkhc; Aug 18, 2008 at 11:13 am Reason: Clarification of grammar...
Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:54 am

Thanks all for the replies. Seems like hit or miss.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:26 pm

Through my employer, I get $75 discount for new/renewal membership.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Just a quick follow-up:

In the mail last week I rec'd a day pass for myself and a guest, along with a $100 discount to join on the day of my visit.

Unfortunately, it expires on 30 Sep and my next trip isn't until 4 Oct.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 2:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Please see the very current FRA AC thread - they are apparently offering a $100 discount for new memberships purchased through September?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.