Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by bosflyer1001
Even after the discount at $350 (as GLD) not sure its worth it, your thoughts?
It depends how often you travel and what you value. Personally, I find the AC worth paying for even though I don't drink (and until fairly recently alcohol was only free when flying internationally anyway), because:
  • The local AC club calls me proactively if there is a flight disruption
  • I place a high value on having a (usually) quiet place to catch up on reading or work between flights
  • Free WiFi
  • I can go pee without schlepping my bags into the restroom or giving up my seat
  • I have a quiet place to eat if needed (the clubs sell food or you can bring it in from elsewhere)
  • Free drinking water and cups
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
I also got the email offering $50 discount on a NEW membership. I'm confused by the "NEW" wording. As a current member, surely I have an "old" membership?

Not really that important because I'm probably only going to be traveling internationally this year and wasn't planning on renewing anyway.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Prem Exec, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Just got the $50 off too... Anyone know if there is anything better going on, I couldn't find anything?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by rayikes
Just got the $50 off too... Anyone know if there is anything better going on, I couldn't find anything?
I got one for $50 off. About two hours later, Mrs. Econometrics (no status) got one for $100 off.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
AC sent me an email for $50 off a new membership using the online code ACQ112, which is valid until 2/29. Then I was sent a another email a couple of days letter apologizing for the mistake (I'm already a member), and that they hoped it didn't cause me any concern regarding my membership status. It didn't.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:33 am

Programs: AA, 1.5MM, GE
Time to renew. I got a $25 discount for renewing at an Adm Club once instead of on line. Is that sill the practice or are there any other options to save a few (travel) $ ? Thks
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by wandertheglobe
Time to renew. I got a $25 discount for renewing at an Adm Club once instead of on line. Is that sill the practice or are there any other options to save a few (travel) $ ? Thks
I renewed at my local club last week (the agent asked me to renew early, even though I still had ~two months to go). Was offered a $25 discount, and when I asked for the Citi $25 discount, was told I could use either one, but only one.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
ACQ112 good till March 31, 2012

Just received an e-mail for $50 off a new membership. The code is ACQ112, which has been previously posted. However, the terms and conditions state:

"Discount offer is only available for a new annual Admirals Club® membership purchased online. Offer expires March 31, 2012."
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by cyncyn129
Just received an e-mail for $50 off a new membership. The code is ACQ112, which has been previously posted. However, the terms and conditions state:

"Discount offer is only available for a new annual Admirals Club® membership purchased online. Offer expires March 31, 2012."
I got it too, and this is about the third $50 discount I've been offered in as many months. At some point are they going to realize that I don't want a membership?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:18 pm

My wife got one today as well, but hers was $100 off with that same code. She also got the same offer via snail mail a couple weeks ago that included a free one day pass.

She's AA gold if that matters at all.

-----

Dear XXXXXX XXXXXXX,

If you have travel plans this year, experience unparalleled service and comfort in an American Airlines Admirals Club® lounge. Escape to an oasis of peace — away from all of the airport hustle and bustle. Purchase a new annual Admirals Club membership online today and save $100 on the annual membership fee. Use promotion code ACQ112 online and then click the RECALCULATE button to receive the discount. Enjoy personalized service, comfort and exceptional amenities including:

Complimentary house wine, beer and spirits
Complimentary coffee, tea and soft drinks
Complimentary light snacks
Complimentary Wi-Fi
Complimentary PC’s with internet access
Personal travel assistance with your reservations
Plus more!

As an Admirals Club member, you will have access to Admirals Club lounges worldwide including: Dallas, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, New York, London and many more.

----------
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but would it be possible to use the $100 coupon in conjunction with a past $50 day pass (if you join within 30 days) that you get with the amex skyguide executive deal? So essentially it could only cost $350 plus the $2.99 for the amex program.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
Can confirm that the instant $25 off at the club still works, even for "semi-expired" members.

In my case mine expired on 31 Jan, I missed the $25 on line early renewal discount, and my next AC visit was not till 2/19. I had hoped for a "we want you back" e-mail discount before my next visit, but nothing came.

Called the 800 number on 2/18 and was told no additional discount, but since I was still w/in 30 days of my membership lapsing, I could still renew at the member price of $350, including my PLT discount. No thanks, said I would try at the club.

At the ORD H/K club the next day the agent was very happy to have me renew at the club, and more than happy to pass along another $25 off, for $300 a/in. Done. Everyone wins.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:49 am

Greetings All,
I just got an email from AA that it's time to renew my Admirals Club membership. Does anybody have a current valid discount code, please? I tried the aforementioned ACQ112, but it does not seem to work. The $450 renewal price is steep and I was hoping to find a discount code. Any help is most appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: AA EXP
Assuming there are no active discount codes, you might want to consider the citi executive card (http://www.aa.com/citiexecutive) . For the same $450 that the renewal costs, you get an admiral's club membership as well as a bunch of other perks.

From the price you are paying, I'm guessing that you do not have status on AA in which case, this card will give you almost all of the perks of gold (including Priority AAccess) in addition to your Admiral's club membership.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by mw7060a
Greetings All,
I just got an email from AA that it's time to renew my Admirals Club membership. Does anybody have a current valid discount code, please? I tried the aforementioned ACQ112, but it does not seem to work. The $450 renewal price is steep and I was hoping to find a discount code. Any help is most appreciated. Thanks.
Try ACDM1Q12, it should be $100 off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.