Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Old May 12, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
No 30% discount

Originally Posted by chanp
I let mine go in Feb, so it's $350 instead of renewing at $300. With that coupon, it goes to $245. Not bad.
I let my membership go in February, too, but it still shows up as a renewal and the website is rejecting the discount code. Has anyone found a way to get around that problem?
Old May 12, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by workandski
I let my membership go in February, too, but it still shows up as a renewal and the website is rejecting the discount code. Has anyone found a way to get around that problem?
Maybe clear all ur cache or history? Try another browser or computer? I will be renewing in June as I have no travel planned for May. I hope it still works.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Admirals club renewal

Originally Posted by chanp
Maybe clear all ur cache or history? Try another browser or computer? I will be renewing in June as I have no travel planned for May. I hope it still works.
Thank you! I tried another browser and it appears that it will work.
Old May 12, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
No trouble here... but if your spouse only flies with you, IMO there is no reason to get a spousal membership as well - the spouse is already covered. If a spouse flies alone with any degree of frequency, it might pay to secure a spousal membership - if once or twice annually, a day pass may be more economical.
Thanks JDiver !

Also wondering what effort it is to get a refund on difference of membership cost based on an elite status change after signing up.

Making platinum in early June on a challenge.

The 31 days on this promotion allows me to wait in order to save the add'l cash for an AC membership, but would rather not based on current travel. I'd read somewhere, but not sure where, that you could get a refund if an elite status was achieved within a month of first signing up for AC. Is that correct? and if anyone has shared experience with this, is it a hassle to get the difference refunded?
Old May 12, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Spouse Membership-How many guests?

I have searched for this answer and before I call CS I thought I would ask...my wife and I fly with another couple or two regularly on vacation and if I purchase an Admiral's Club membership with Spouse does that allow us both to take two guests?
Old May 13, 2011, 12:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by Maui Time
I have searched for this answer and before I call CS I thought I would ask...my wife and I fly with another couple or two regularly on vacation and if I purchase an Admiral's Club membership with Spouse does that allow us both to take two guests?
I was flying out of SNA with my wife (I only have the Admiral's club for myself) and they allowed me to bring my spouse plus a former coworker & her husband into the club.

I was told that I can guest my spouse plus 2 others. Not sure if that was a one time exception but they told me it wasn't. For the Flagship lounge, only one guest.

One other couple is probably OK but not two couples.
Old May 13, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
By purchasing the with spouse option, that makes you both members of the Admiral's club? I would assume that would allow each of you two bring two guests, but that is just my 2C. You both get separate cards when you join, correct?
Old May 13, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I was told at the C and D AC in DFW that this is for new members only and only online.

What a crock the 30 days is, it's just a business grab with nothing for exiting members.
Old May 13, 2011, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by pindento
Thanks JDiver !

Also wondering what effort it is to get a refund on difference of membership cost based on an elite status change after signing up.

Making platinum in early June on a challenge.
They gave me the Plat price when I was a Gold on a MR that would give me status after all the miles + double EQM posted. I signed up over the phone, though, and maybe they wanted to get people signed up (end of the year?).
Old May 13, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lobo411
They gave me the Plat price when I was a Gold on a MR that would give me status after all the miles + double EQM posted. I signed up over the phone, though, and maybe they wanted to get people signed up (end of the year?).
No joy ... just called AC and there was no option available. At least with the gentleman I was talking with ... perhaps I'll try back for a different voice .

Anyway, I got a "no" to being reimbursed the difference when I make platinum in a couple weeks, and a "no" to being able to use Platinum pricing until the intinerary is complete. Very polite, but no room for flexibility in the conversation.
Old May 13, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL DM; AS 75K; Marriott Titanium Elite
My current membership expires May 19. As ridiculous as it is, I'm going to let it expire and then purchase the new discounted membership on the 20th. $70 isn't a ton of money, but it's still worth the work around. My card won't say "Member Since 20XX," but oh well....hopefully I'll get some new AC baggage tags since I lost the original two they sent me
Old May 13, 2011, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by pindento
No joy ... just called AC and there was no option available. At least with the gentleman I was talking with ... perhaps I'll try back for a different voice .

Anyway, I got a "no" to being reimbursed the difference when I make platinum in a couple weeks, and a "no" to being able to use Platinum pricing until the intinerary is complete. Very polite, but no room for flexibility in the conversation.
I got "no's" from the board and when I asked at the AC in person too, so hopefully it is just a matter of getting the right person as you say!
Old May 13, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by flightline87
My current membership expires May 19. As ridiculous as it is, I'm going to let it expire and then purchase the new discounted membership on the 20th. $70 isn't a ton of money, but it's still worth the work around. My card won't say "Member Since 20XX," but oh well....hopefully I'll get some new AC baggage tags since I lost the original two they sent me
There is a 30 day grace period to re-new so on May 20th, online it will only give you the option to re-new, not to initiate a new membership. As such the code won't work.

Since this promo is only good on-line I'm not sure you will have a workaround this problem. Perhaps you can call the AC 800 number and ask if they can terminate your membership out of the system altogether and that perhaps may allow you to initiate a new membership. Let us know how it works out for you.
Old May 13, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by workandski
Thank you! I tried another browser and it appears that it will work.
^ Love when things work the way we want them to
Old May 16, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Using Capital One Credit

Does anyone know whether an Admirals Club membership qualifies as "travel" or "travel products" in the Capital One world so that the payment would qualify for reimbursement? TIA.

xlax

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.