Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Old Nov 2, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Isnt it better to renew at your home club rather then online?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 2:45 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wildaboutmovies
Your Admirals Club membership expires soon. In order to continue enjoying the many privileges of the lounge, you must renew your membership by December 31, 2010. As a special limited time offer, if you renew online by November 30, 2010, and pay by credit card, we'll take $25 off your discounted annual fee for a total $75(1) savings. Enter N25 in Promotion Code box when you purchase your membership online.

Offer EXPIRES NOVEMBER 30, 2010.

(1) Total $75 savings includes your $50 renewal rate savings and $25 limited time offer discount. Memberships renewed using AAdvantage® miles are not eligible for $25 discount.
I received the same offer. Too bad they don't have a discount offer when you use miles to renew (I have lots of miles and don't get to use them, since I have to fly in pay classes to keep my exp status.)
There are rumors (in another thread here on FT) that aa may give extra perks if you cross 125K, like they did last year.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum (OW Sapphire), HHonors Diamond, National Executive Asile
A month or two prior to my AC membership is about to expire, the staff always reminds me. Usually they say something like, "if you renew today, we can offer you $25 off". In addition I'm always getting offers from AmEx for $25 - $50-off AC membership, but never during my renewal period.

However, this year I got lucky. Last year AC was celebrating their 70th. Anniversary, and offered everyone a coupon good for $70-off of renewal. At the time I had just renewed, but the coupon was good for 1-year (thru October 19, 2010). Then back in July American Airlines announced they were closing the SJC (San Jose, CA) AC, and because it was my home club they offered to extend my AC membership another 3-months until the end of this month (November 30, 2010).

This year I happened to be doing a lot more traveling, and the beginning of last month (October) happened to make AAdvantage Platinum. As a result I was now entitled to another $50 off AC membership renewal. So, I recently renewed my AC membership for $280 ($350 - $70-off coupon). And my membership was extended an additional 3-months, now assuring my renewal period is further along in the Elite Status earning period.

So there are AC deals out there.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
I used the 20% NYE discount code just a few days ago to join AC for the first time, so with the EXP discount, it came to $280. In the past, almost all of my travel has been international, so I didn't need the AC membership, but I have a bunch of domestic trips comin' up over the next few months, so I finally decided to join up.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:11 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
General enrollment logistics questions have now been split out into a separate thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...questions.html

/Moderator
Old Nov 29, 2010, 2:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, United 1K, Marriott Silver Elite
Thumbs up worked for me! (on 2nd try)

Originally Posted by wildaboutmovies
Your Admirals Club membership expires soon. In order to continue enjoying the many privileges of the lounge, you must renew your membership by December 31, 2010. As a special limited time offer, if you renew online by November 30, 2010, and pay by credit card, we'll take $25 off your discounted annual fee for a total $75(1) savings. Enter N25 in Promotion Code box when you purchase your membership online.

Offer EXPIRES NOVEMBER 30, 2010.

(1) Total $75 savings includes your $50 renewal rate savings and $25 limited time offer discount. Memberships renewed using AAdvantage® miles are not eligible for $25 discount.
thanks for saving me $25! it error'd the 1st time, but went through the 2nd time
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:33 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
REN

I recently renewed at BNA and was unable to apply either CB2 (seems defunct) or N25 (online only), but the AAngel was able to hunt around and get me a $25 discount using REN. ^
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
20% Discount on Membership thru Dec 15?

I just joined (as an EXP) at the ORD H&K club and was told as a new member I was entitled to a 20% discount. The Aagent said the discount was only good until Dec 15. I don't recall seeing and adverts about this, but I paid a total of $280 for a one year membership.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by masonp123
I just joined (as an EXP) at the ORD H&K club and was told as a new member I was entitled to a 20% discount. The Aagent said the discount was only good until Dec 15. I don't recall seeing and adverts about this, but I paid a total of $280 for a one year membership.
Use promotion code LIFE
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by RxCapt
I usually renew by contacting the HNL AC and renewing with them so they get the credit and help keep the club open.
Ditto. I was just through HNL yesterday and, though I didn't have time to stop and renew, I'm hoping to be able to call them and take care of it over the phone. If you have done this in the past and know their phone number, please PM me!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
Use promotion code LIFE
FWIW, I didn't use any discount code, it was offered at the desk.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:00 pm

Any of these codes/discounts work for renewals?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT, VS Gold, SPG Plat, Le Club Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Any of these codes/discounts work for renewals?
Keeping with the theme of N25 in November, I just tried D25 for a renewal, and it knocked $25 off.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
D25 just worked for my renewal; totalled $275.-

Thanks thombis!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:50 am

So this thread starts with a mention of the idea that if a gold makes plat within 30 days of joining, he gets a refund of the difference in prices between gold and platinum. But the t and c on the website say pricing is based on status at purchase time. Which is it? There are do many unstated benefits at aa that I trust ft over aa.com any day!

Ps apologies if this is covered mid thread, but I'm on my mobile and ft is almost too much for the phone to handle. Too many scripts! I'm thinking of joining the ac today after I land from the flight I'm about to take off on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.