Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Old Feb 11, 2011, 3:21 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Majuki
When I checked into an AC recently, I was offered the chance to renew for $275 instead of $300. It doesn't hurt to ask. (I didn't receive any promotional $25 off e-mail code either.)
Yup - as my renewal month approaches, many clubs will ask me if I want to renew when I check in and most will also mention that they can give me a $25 discount. The AAngels are usually aware of the codes that are currently out there, so they'll apply them for most of the time even if you're not "targeted" specifically for the promo.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by JY1024
Just got this email from the Admirals Club:

If this is like any of the past "$25 off renewal" codes, any AAngel in the ACs should also be able to apply this discount for you in person. (And probably even if you called into the main AC number.)
I bet next months code is M25
Old Feb 12, 2011, 4:00 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by JY1024
If this is like any of the past "$25 off renewal" codes, any AAngel in the ACs should also be able to apply this discount for you in person. (And probably even if you called into the main AC number.)
And by not renewing online, you also have the benefit of not automatically being opted-in for automatic annual renewal!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by dstan
And by not renewing online, you also have the benefit of not automatically being opted-in for automatic annual renewal!
thanks for bringing that up again, I got the email today to renew online and of course the accompanying $25 discount. I was at IAD the other day and they asked me about renewing and the $25 discount, I told them that I'd renew with them about a week before it expired; I prefer to give them the business anyway but its nice not to have that auto renew thing as well
Old Mar 12, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Anyone get anything better than $25 off this month?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
Just used code ACQ11 to purchase new membership and I don't have status with AA, yet.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by frubio2012
Just used code ACQ11 to purchase new membership and I don't have status with AA, yet.
This code is $50 off for Plat.

--wes
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
Originally Posted by wesmanz
This code is $50 off for Plat.

--wes
Failed to mention that I got $100 off. Paid $400 for it.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:14 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by chanp
Anyone get anything better than $25 off this month?
Yes, I renewed at the ORD club and the agent hunted around in the computer and came up with a $50.00 "customer service" discount. ^
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:04 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I renewed yesterday over the phone with the main AC number, and they could only find a $25 discount for me. Still better than nothing.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 5:45 pm

Programs: United Hotcake Preferred
I just used the ACQ11 code for $50 off as plat. I bought a day pass when I was stuck in SFO for 5 hours last week, which made the fees seem cheaper even though it's all the same money.

I was sold on the AC after my experience there last week. I was traveling with my gf who doesn't fly often, and when I checked her in, I accidentally hit the button that said she was ineligible for the exit row. The ticket agent couldn't seem to fix it. Neither could the plat line. But an AAngel fixed it like it was nothing. I thought, "holy crap! everything I read on FT about them having magical powers was true!"
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha
I just used the ACQ11 code for $50 off as plat. I bought a day pass when I was stuck in SFO for 5 hours last week, which made the fees seem cheaper even though it's all the same money.

I was sold on the AC after my experience there last week. I was traveling with my gf who doesn't fly often, and when I checked her in, I accidentally hit the button that said she was ineligible for the exit row. The ticket agent couldn't seem to fix it. Neither could the plat line. But an AAngel fixed it like it was nothing. I thought, "holy crap! everything I read on FT about them having magical powers was true!"
Don't get too excited...it's very hit and miss!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I was fortunate enough to get a $50 discount.

As to those who wish the $25 and renew online, if you have a CitiBank card, you can download the Virtual Account Number app - basically, it's like having a one-time pad cum credit card, giving you a number, CSC / CCV number and a next-month expiry that in combination can only be used ONCE. It works quite easily, allows them to use the number to renew your membership and gets an e-mail sent the following year when the numbers no longer work.

Companies can play hardball, but consumers sometimes can also.

Read more: http://www.creditcards.com/credit-ca...#ixzz1JeF4kiGs
Compare credit cards here - CreditCards.com
Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: United Hotcake Preferred
FYI according to the phone people at the AC line, the ACQ11 code is mutually exclusive with a credit-back from a day pass- probably due to the nature of the promo. I will try again at the SFO AC at the end of this month and report back but I doubt it will work.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha
FYI according to the phone people at the AC line, the ACQ11 code is mutually exclusive with a credit-back from a day pass- probably due to the nature of the promo. I will try again at the SFO AC at the end of this month and report back but I doubt it will work.
Don't fall for that baloney. I was told by the AC personnel that I could not sign up for a first time AC membership using a combination of my $50 daypass credit and the $50 discount code. I tried multiple locations (I was on a mileage run) and got the same story every time. I even posted on FT and was told it wouldn't work.

I was at RDU, literally about to board a flight when I decided to give them a call. What the heck, I figured. Well, not only did the girl give me the $50 daypass credit + the $50 discount code, but she also gave me a Platinum discount (I was a Gold when I purchased it, but my booked travel showed that I'd make Platinum after all the bonuses posted).

Of course, that was in December. Maybe there's more pressure on the agents to "close the deal" at the end of the year or something! Whatever...I got three discounts!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.