Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Airport British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounges (Terminal 3)

Link to aa.com information for LHR.

Link to LHR website.

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounges

LOCATION: Departure level after Passport Control, Terminal 3, located at Zone F

NOTE: Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class.

HOURS: 05:00 until last departure.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Flat screen TVs
  • Private shower suites
  • Premium liquor, beer and wine
  • Meal service throughout the day
  • Computers with Internet access
Links to other LHR Terminal 3 oneworld Lounges threads:
For lounge information about oneworld lounges for oneworld passengers departing Terminals 1 and 5, please see the BAEC Forum BA Lounge Database Dashboard for the United Kingdom here and / or the oneworld Lounge Access and Locator here.

[b]Also in the BAEC forum, see:[b]
(Thanks to jerry a. laska)
List of oneworld Airlines and Terminals at London Heathrow

List of oneworld airlines using LHR Terminal 3:
  • American Airlines and US Airways
  • British Airways (limited short hauls)
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Japan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Royal Jordanian
Other oneworld airlines use:
  • Terminal 1 - TAM, some British Airways
  • Terminal 4 - Malaysia Airways and Qatar Airways
  • Terminal 5 - most British Airways, all Iberia

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by djibouti
I'm pretty sure that the policy is you can't (unless your fare rules allow it explicitly--flex fares, etc).
The policy is no dice - no such thing as standby on BA. One cal always ask the BA desk behind the entrance to T3 GF on the left, you never know, could have an oversell situation and be grateful for the opportunity to reseat you on another flight. I have never been able to move flights when not on a flexible ticket, unless I wanted to purchase a new ticket, essentially. There have been occasional reports of exceptions being made, but in doing so the agent is going against policy.

Also, ben78, you are correct, no Elemis SPA access - in theory. I have to say that these days with no Aussie flights going anymore from T3 the SPA looks a forlorn and empty place, so they may just be grateful for the work, so I'd give it a go and see what happens
Old Sep 16, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by ben78
I'm flying AA 136 LAX-LHR tomorrow in J and connecting to BA1454 (marketed as AA6696) LHR-EDI out of T5.

Am I correct in surmising that I won't be allowed into the Elemis Spa even though I'm OW Emerald and flew in J because the flight was AA-operated? Or will my connecting (single-cabin) flight on BA be sufficient combined with OW Emerald to get me in?
You are incorrect.

Arriving in AA J will allow you to access Galleries Club in Terminal 5 AND I assume also showers at Elemis SPA (only showers, nothing else).

Your oneworld Emerald status grants you access to Galleries First and for sure showers at Elemis SPA (only showers, nothing else).
Old Sep 16, 2013, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by carlosdca
You are incorrect.

Arriving in AA J will allow you to access Galleries Club in Terminal 5 AND I assume also showers at Elemis SPA (only showers, nothing else).

Your oneworld Emerald status grants you access to Galleries First and for sure showers at Elemis SPA (only showers, nothing else).
This is correct, Showers, yes- but not the other spa stuff
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You can't use spa treatment at T5 because you are departing in short-haul.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by HNL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

They have in the past.
They did last month.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Stripe
Thanks for the replies. Yes, we Americans love our showers. With a 1:20 layover, the priority will be the shower at AA, then hurry over to the BA F lounge for a bacon butty.
With a very long walk from gate to security from AA100, and a slight arrival delay, and only 1:20 for the whole AA-BA connection, we opted to go directly to the GF lounge. The shower rooms at the spa there were a bit small but perfectly adequate.

Any other spa use required one to be flying in BA business or better. OW Emerald connecting from AA J to BA intra-Europe flight was a no go.

Bacon butty no longer on the GF menu but the waitress was happy to get one anyway. The lounge was completely empty when we arrived about 6:35 am but was filling up by the time we left 40 minutes later.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Stripe
Any other spa use required one to be flying in BA business or better. OW Emerald connecting from AA J to BA intra-Europe flight was a no go.
Yes, this is as was pointed out upthread.

The lack of bacon butties has shattered my world though... I'm starting to wonder whether the mileage game is worth it now!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
My usual routine when I have a decent layover in T3 is AA FL for the showers (and security check if outbound), followed by CX J for the noodle bar (CX F is too small, I don't like it), then finally BA F for the champagne.

Why not try them all?
Mildly OT, but when you refer to doing security check in the AC/FL, do you mean that you can address all the security theatre questions with the agents in the club rather than the security team at the gate area?

I fly LHR-LAX out of T3 on AA next week (first AA transatlantic in many years), and hadn't been planning to bother with the AC, but if it means a less painful experience at the gate than that which has been discussed recently on this forum then it would probably be worth my while...
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by daftboy
Mildly OT, but when you refer to doing security check in the AC/FL, do you mean that you can address all the security theatre questions with the agents in the club rather than the security team at the gate area?

I fly LHR-LAX out of T3 on AA next week (first AA transatlantic in many years), and hadn't been planning to bother with the AC, but if it means a less painful experience at the gate than that which has been discussed recently on this forum then it would probably be worth my while...
Yes - when you enter the AC, a person will be there to check for the security sticker on the back of your passport. If you don't have one, they'll ask the questions and provide the sticker.

That said, secondary screenings at the gate can still happen.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by rwoman
Yes - when you enter the AC, a person will be there to check for the security sticker on the back of your passport. If you don't have one, they'll ask the questions and provide the sticker.

That said, secondary screenings at the gate can still happen.
This has been my experience. I never go to the transfer desks, always the AC. One side benefit is that I have done this so much with the same guy that last time he recognized his handwriting on the stickers on my passport and skipped the questions altogether!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
This has been my experience. I never go to the transfer desks, always the AC. One side benefit is that I have done this so much with the same guy that last time he recognized his handwriting on the stickers on my passport and skipped the questions altogether!
I've had some of the folks do the same when they see the barrage of stickers on the back of my passport and recognize their initials.

Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by rwoman
I've had some of the folks do the same when they see the barrage of stickers on the back of my passport and recognize their initials.

Do most people leave the stickers on the back of their passports or peel them off?
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richarddd
Do most people leave the stickers on the back of their passports or peel them off?
I think it varies. At whatever point I left them and then it became a colorful mess, so now I find it amusing.

The security agents at LHR (T3 and T4 IME) are almost always amused.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:15 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by richarddd
Let's keep an eye on the topic at hand please.

~Moderator
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:18 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Our intra-Europe BA flight arrives in the early afternoon in T3 and we depart the next morning on AA back to the US (less than 24 hours later). We will be entering the UK and spending the night in London. However, our upgrades back to the US still have not cleared. Assuming they still haven't cleared when we arrive at LHR I want to stop by the AC to make sure all is in order and find out where we are in the queue.

Will we be able to go through security, etc as though I was a normal transit connection, visit the AC, then go from there to immigration? I assume BA will have provided us our AA BPs when we check in at WAW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.