Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com: “The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available.” Please modify...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
“The flight(s) or fare selected... no longer available.”

For paid fares, this is often an indication that fare bucket is no longer available, or if a segment on another airline available the system is experiencing difficulties in completing the booking. For the latter, a call may resolve the issue and should be free of charge because the itinerary was not bookable on the aa.com site.

For awards, that can mean the available award has been taken up since you saw it, there was a phantom report shown, or an internal error occurred.

Print Wikipost

aa.com: “The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available.” Please modify...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by lizs
I finally called in, spoke to 3 reservations agents, and 2 tech support people - which was a whole load of uselessness. The only helpful people was one reservation agent who offered to waive the phone fee but said the rate she was seeing was $699! This is incredibly frustrating. She said they've been getting tons of calls about it.
I have been going through the same issues. It is incredibly frustrating to not be able to book a ticket. Call, wait, wait and no results - just a waste of time.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Seriously.....I was trying to book a First/Business ticket to Vancouver but kept getting this issue....such a waste of time and AA lost out of my $$$ for that trip. I should send in my receipt on Delta to Dougie
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Seriously.....I was trying to book a First/Business ticket to Vancouver but kept getting this issue....such a waste of time and AA lost out of my $$$ for that trip. I should send in my receipt on Delta to Dougie
Was this a multi sector flight and, if so, were you searching sector by sector or for the whole journey?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Had the same thing happen to me with a multi-city trip which included Vancouver. Had to speak to 3 agents and finally the agent told me to break
Old Jul 18, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Had the same thing happen to me with a multi-city trip which included Vancouver. Had to speak to 3 agents and finally the last agent told me to break up all the segments and it seemed to work. The last agent said it was because of the Alaska Airlines segment that was screwing everything up.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by brc757rr
Had the same thing happen to me with a multi-city trip which included Vancouver. Had to speak to 3 agents and finally the last agent told me to break up all the segments and it seemed to work. The last agent said it was because of the Alaska Airlines segment that was screwing everything up.
Of course it would be someone else's fault that the data AA was presenting wasn't complete. Ever hear of edit checks? It seems the customers are the beta testers these days.

Yes, there are many corner cases, and they can't be expected to address every possible case, but take responsibility and own up to missing a few items.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Interesting workaround of "The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available."

Was trying to book a SEA-TPA 2-stop routing at a fare found on ITA. AA's initial search results, using multi-city, showed the same flights, at the same price, but by the time I clicked on through all steps to the purchase page it had repriced higher.

On a whim, I started over and this time did not preselect any seats. Bingo! This time the fare held and I was able to make the purchase at the price originally found.

Seat selection then easily done online once ticket issued.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan & AA Advantage
Originally Posted by rdrnnr
Interesting workaround of "The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available."

Was trying to book a SEA-TPA 2-stop routing at a fare found on ITA. AA's initial search results, using multi-city, showed the same flights, at the same price, but by the time I clicked on through all steps to the purchase page it had repriced higher.

On a whim, I started over and this time did not preselect any seats. Bingo! This time the fare held and I was able to make the purchase at the price originally found.

Seat selection then easily done online once ticket issued.
Last time I tried to book a trip to SGN, I could not get that far in terms of seat selection. As soon as I searched and clicked on the lowest airfare, it said the fare is no longer selected
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Having a problem booking flights from DFW-Vietnam. Whenever i try to choose through NRT I get this error message... Very frustrating. I think it may have to do with the JAL flights, because AA will let me book the (much more expensive) flights through HKG to SGN (but it will only offer me through NRT if I try to go to HAN).

Any ideas/thoughts? ITA/Kayak/etc show about $1400 going Dec 24-Jan 2... When i try to break it up doing multi city it prices out around $3k on aa.com...
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Originally Posted by TheSinister
Last time I tried to book a trip to SGN, I could not get that far in terms of seat selection. As soon as I searched and clicked on the lowest airfare, it said the fare is no longer selected
My booking was all domestic. I'm not surprised that trying this for int'l itins runs into different issues (and prob more restrictive computer algos...)
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:56 pm

Your best option is to call and hope you get someone that is knowledgeable to help you book your ticket. I had to call back about 5 times and finally spoke with a rep. that knew what she was doing. Booked my flight AUS-DFW-NRT-SGN and back. You want to pull your hair out but keep trying.

One day AA will get the bugs worked out. We are all just beta users of their system until then.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage LT GLD 1.806MM
Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
Having a problem booking flights from DFW-Vietnam. Whenever i try to choose through NRT I get this error message... Very frustrating. I think it may have to do with the JAL flights, because AA will let me book the (much more expensive) flights through HKG to SGN (but it will only offer me through NRT if I try to go to HAN).

Any ideas/thoughts? ITA/Kayak/etc show about $1400 going Dec 24-Jan 2... When i try to break it up doing multi city it prices out around $3k on aa.com...
ericgdukie44 and other having this same problem, I found a workaround to the problem you are having. I had the same problem trying to book DFW-KUL itineraries with the NRT-KUL and KUL-NRT segments on JL booked as AA-codeshares. Yesterday, I was randomly checking various airfare search engines and discovered that www.hipmunk.com is able to feed AA.com the flights directly and allow you to book the flights you want on AA.com without any calls to reservations.

As an example, I wanted to book DFW-NRT-KUL-NRT-DFW as AA codeshare flight #'s on JL operated flights for summer 2016 (there was a great price of $882 roundtrip recently offered). I could find the fare construction on ITA Matrix, but was unable to book it directly on AA.com or any other site (Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, etc.) regardless if I did a roundtrip search or multi-city search. Everything that was coming up was more expensive. Once I searched and found the fare on Hipmunk and clicked on the Book via AA link, Hipmunk's website somehow fed AA.com all the flight information directly and AA.com correctly displayed the itinerary and price. I was able to hold the itinerary and later purchase it online. Tickets were issued within 1 hour.

I'm not sure why AA.com cannot do this correctly on it's own, and even why the reservation agents and AA.com tech support cannot see the correct flights to book.

I hope this helps others having the same problem with trying to book itineraries that contain AA codeshare flights (operated by JL out of NRT). It's worth a few minutes to try!

Cheers
Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Southwest
Question AA miles booking "flight you selected is no longer available" (to merge)

Hi all,
I have been waiting for months now to try to book a return flight to London for Christmas. December 26 was finally released yesterday. It shows two LHR-CLT flights available, direct, for 30k miles. When I choose the flight, though, it tells me "The flight you selected is no longer available. Please modify your request." When I modify the request and select ANY of the flights from LHR to CLT on that day (including ones with changes, which I'm more than happy to take), it tells me the same thing. I called AA, but ways told their system shows no flights available on that day. Yet every time I do a search it shows them to be available! I have since tried searching almost every east coast airport with AA flights from LHR, and I have the same problem on this date (the BA ones are available, but taxes are much higher so I was hoping to avoid these!) .

My question is whether anyone else has run into this problem and found that, after waiting a few days, the flights were indeed available. Is this a glitch, perhaps? I know that Dec 26 is a VERY busy day, but the flights were only just released so it seems amazing to me that they are already all gone to all airports. I don't understand why they are showing up as available as Milesaver tickets, but they turn out not to be. (I should note that if I select the 65k Anytime ticket for a few of these flights, it does go through... Sadly I don't have enough miles to take that flight).

Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks.
- A

Last edited by bluelikethat; Jan 30, 2017 at 6:28 pm
Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Wait another 24 hours. It's probably phantom and yet to be fully loaded in to the system.

edit: Just looked, the 30k's have actually gone for the 26th so maybe they really were all booked.

Last edited by Guvner067; Jan 30, 2017 at 6:59 pm
Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
This has been a common occurrence for years with regard to paid tickets. It's been discussed in at least one other thread. This is the first I'm hearing of it regarding award tickets, though.

I solved the problem with paid tickets by accessing AA through the Hong Kong website. Might be worth a try...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.