Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com: “The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available.” Please modify...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
“The flight(s) or fare selected... no longer available.”

For paid fares, this is often an indication that fare bucket is no longer available, or if a segment on another airline available the system is experiencing difficulties in completing the booking. For the latter, a call may resolve the issue and should be free of charge because the itinerary was not bookable on the aa.com site.

For awards, that can mean the available award has been taken up since you saw it, there was a phantom report shown, or an internal error occurred.

Print Wikipost

aa.com: “The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available.” Please modify...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
FWIW, I had a chat about the "that fare is no longer available" problem with an EXP phone agent last week when I phoned to book a BKK-NRT-DFW-BOS roundtrip and all the fares were no longer available when I tried to select a flight combo.

She said that codeshare seat inventory for flights on other carriers' metal do not update in real time except when someone wants to buy one. So you may well be looking at last night's availability which isn't updated until you try to grab the seat. Then AA's computer checks with the operating carrier (JL in my case) to see if the seat is available.

This only sounds partially logical to me; but I provide it here as a possible additional piece to the puzzle.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
FWIW, I had a chat about the "that fare is no longer available" problem with an EXP phone agent last week when I phoned to book a BKK-NRT-DFW-BOS roundtrip and all the fares were no longer available when I tried to select a flight combo.

She said that codeshare seat inventory for flights on other carriers' metal do not update in real time except when someone wants to buy one. So you may well be looking at last night's availability which isn't updated until you try to grab the seat. Then AA's computer checks with the operating carrier (JL in my case) to see if the seat is available.

This only sounds partially logical to me; but I provide it here as a possible additional piece to the puzzle.
I've seen this happen firsthand, with codeshare flights showing 0 seats in the Y inventory and 7+ in a lower bucket, but it immediately bounces back as unable if you try to book the lower class.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Had this happen for trying to book a flight from DFW-NRT-SGN-NRT-DFW. Through AA flights, it says the fare is no longer available and has raised by $275. however, for $3 more of the original fare, the JL codeshare for same flight for one segment will solve the error problem. I really don't want to book with JL segment as it's 0.5 EQM and no bonus miles for being PLT. Has anyone had any recent success calling the reservations line to accommodate booking on AA only flights?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:43 am

aa.com: The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify...

Try rebuilding by schedule instead of price. That's resolved some issues for me in the past.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
I keep getting the fair is unavailable when I go from JFK-DUS-ZRH on an airberlin codeshare using miles.. I get this whenever I select the airberline codeshares. The british airways codeshares work fine, but stick me with those fuel surcharges.

I am sure I can call to book, but has anyone been experiencing this when booking on AA with an airberlin flight?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by HVizzo
Had this happen for trying to book a flight from DFW-NRT-SGN-NRT-DFW. Through AA flights, it says the fare is no longer available and has raised by $275. however, for $3 more of the original fare, the JL codeshare for same flight for one segment will solve the error problem. I really don't want to book with JL segment as it's 0.5 EQM and no bonus miles for being PLT. Has anyone had any recent success calling the reservations line to accommodate booking on AA only flights?
Was looking to book a very similar routing yesterday too (DFW-NRT-SIN and SGN-NRT-DFW). According to the EXP desk, it's indeed the JAL segments that are coming back "unconfirmed" in the fare buckets the website was showing.

I ended up having to ticket at one of the higher buckets as they weren't able to do anything manual to fix it...
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA, DL, AS, HH Silver, PC Gold
Originally Posted by dlandz
I keep getting the fair is unavailable when I go from JFK-DUS-ZRH on an airberlin codeshare using miles.. I get this whenever I select the airberline codeshares. The british airways codeshares work fine, but stick me with those fuel surcharges.

I am sure I can call to book, but has anyone been experiencing this when booking on AA with an airberlin flight?
I've been looking to book using miles to either FRA, AMS, DUS from CID and am getting the "selected flight is not available" msg on AB codeshares. Likewise, I'm not eager to use the BA codeshares ($998 tax/surcharges for 2 one-way).

From CID I see the following itin via AB, CID/ORD/TXL/DUS, CID/DFW/EWR-JFK/DUS, CID/DFW/CUN/DUS, & CID/DFW/RSW/DUS. Only the one via CUN allows me to hold it, the rest come back as "The flight you selected is no longer available. Please modify your request." Am trying to find either milesave 1st or Business on various dates in Sept.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by El Cid
I've been looking to book using miles to either FRA, AMS, DUS from CID and am getting the "selected flight is not available" msg on AB codeshares.
Same problem here (I may have posted about it in this thread). I called the EXP desk; most of the AB codeshares were not available (IIRC some were available in Y but not in J) so should not have shown up in the selection in the first place.

The AA website is full of weird behaviour at the moment - we will see what happens once integration with US starts. I remember when US integrated with America West they also had a rough time.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by El Cid
I've been looking to book using miles to either FRA, AMS, DUS from CID and am getting the "selected flight is not available" msg on AB codeshares. Likewise, I'm not eager to use the BA codeshares ($998 tax/surcharges for 2 one-way).

From CID I see the following itin via AB, CID/ORD/TXL/DUS, CID/DFW/EWR-JFK/DUS, CID/DFW/CUN/DUS, & CID/DFW/RSW/DUS. Only the one via CUN allows me to hold it, the rest come back as "The flight you selected is no longer available. Please modify your request." Am trying to find either milesave 1st or Business on various dates in Sept.
As the threads below show, it's been going on for months now:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...rds-issue.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ilability.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ir-berlin.html
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Was looking to book a very similar routing yesterday too (DFW-NRT-SIN and SGN-NRT-DFW). According to the EXP desk, it's indeed the JAL segments that are coming back "unconfirmed" in the fare buckets the website was showing.

I ended up having to ticket at one of the higher buckets as they weren't able to do anything manual to fix it...
I ended up checking again today for the same flights I had previously mentioned...It now says it's available for the lower fare. Woohoo! Thank goodness I waited!
Old Feb 9, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
After FINALLY finding a route with C inventory to clear expiring SWUs, to get this flippin' message is so frustrating !!

Check below for errors
The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify your request.

What a wild goose chase this has been!

Sanity check: Should this be 0.5 EQP rather than 0.5 EQM? My understanding is that EQM is always actual miles, while points vary:
Originally Posted by HVizzo
... I really don't want to book with JL segment as it's 0.5 EQM ...

Last edited by pindento; Feb 9, 2014 at 11:01 am
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA ex-Plat
Originally Posted by pindento
After FINALLY finding a route with C inventory to clear expiring SWUs, to get this flippin' message is so frustrating !!

Check below for errors
The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available. Please modify your request.

What a wild goose chase this has been!

Sanity check: Should this be 0.5 EQP rather than 0.5 EQM? My understanding is that EQM is always actual miles, while points vary:
certain discount economy fares on JL earn 50% EQM (or 30%!).

JL Earning Chart
Old Feb 9, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by btwayland
certain discount economy fares on JL earn 50% EQM (or 30%!).

JL Earning Chart
Thanks for the link ... makes it an easier call to skip the SGN MR idea.

Just hating the idea of letting a couple SWUs expire ... still scouring!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Teresita
“The flight(s) or fare related is no longer available.”
I haven't had this message in a long time---but I've been trying to book ORD/NRT/BKK since last night for late November. I get this message no matter which day, flight, or class of service I choose. Even a $11,000+ fare is "no longer available". I want to apply SWU's, so I need to study my possibilities online before calling EXP desk. This is so annoying. AA makes it hard to buy a ticket.
I have run into this quite a bit recently. When I do encounter this I switch to Google Chrome Incognito and then the flights and fares are available for booking with no issues.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
I have run into this quite a bit recently. When I do encounter this I switch to Google Chrome Incognito and then the flights and fares are available for booking with no issues.
I had problems with this on Tuesday using both IE and Firefox. Didn't matter whether I was logged in or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.