Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 29, 15, 7:51 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges (master thread)
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
GRU / São Paulo - Guarulhos International Airport Terminal 3 Admirals Club

NOTE: The GRU Admirals Club closed Dec 2014 temporarily for reconstruction (scheduled reopening 6 Oct 2015). Until then, members and eligible guests are invited to visit the Executive Lounge GRU Airport located in Terminal 3.

Link to GRU airport information on aa.com

Link to GRU website (English)

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Quote:
NEW GRU T-3 Admirals Club

Link to photos by Mestre das Milhas (Brasil).

According to articles: Link and
  • New Admirals Club reopens October 6, 2015
  • Three times area of previous Club
  • NOT accessible to LATAM customers by travel, class of service or status
Quote:
Executive Lounge GRU Airport

Location: Terminal 3, after immigration control; Mezzanine Level above Duty Free area.

N.B. Only accessible to departing passengers on AA, BA, QR.

Hours: For current hours and further information, please see here.

Amenities:
  • Wi-Fi
  • Non-Smoking
  • Internet Terminals
  • TVs
  • Newspapers and Magazines
  • Snacks
  • Showers
  • Printers / Copiers
Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA or US marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:
  • First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
  • proof of oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire status
  • Admirals Club or US Airways Club membership card
  • International arriving passengers must have a valid, same-day ticket for departure permitting access through Security.
*Flight sold with AA or US flight number and flown on AA or US aircraft.

Quote:
LAN / TAM VIP (oneworld) lounge

Note: Must be departing Iberia, LAN or TAM to use this lounge.

Hours: For current hours and further information, please see here.

Amenities:

"Notes: LATAM Airlines Group's first joint VIP lounge, offering abundant natural light and an unparalleled view of the airport. In addition to an entertainment room with individual tablets, video games and wi-fi connection throughout, the lounge is separated into various sections, each with its own ambiance. All seating is equipped with power sockets and USB ports, thus enabling customers to remain connected at all times. For those who prefer to relax, the lounge offers exclusive shower rooms and bathing products with scents of tropical Brazilian fruits. The buffet of hot and cold dishes is nearly 30 meters long and offers a wide selection of culinary options. Customers can also choose from a wide variety of premium beverages or relax with a draft beer at the bar."
Older and obsolete posts regarding the old GRU AA lounge facility have been archived; they can be read at: ARCHIVE: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)

Quote:
Special Information: U.S. Citizens: You must obtain your Brazilian visa in advance from the Brazilian Embassy or consulate nearest to your place of residence in the United States. Visas cannot be obtained at the airport, and immigration authorities will refuse entry into Brazil to anyone not possessing a valid visa.

For visas, you may use a visa service in the city with the Brazilian Consulate serving your geographical area. To submit documents and interview for a visa, you can only use the Brazilian Consulate with jurisdiction serving the area where you live. Each Consulate may have different requirements and time frames for securing your visa; check the requirements of the Consulate having jurisdiction over where you live. You will not be allowed to apply at any other Consulate than the one with jurisdiction.

List of Brazilian Consulates in the U.S.A. with links to their sites. Note, some may not work.

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 28, 15, 8:13 pm   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielbf View Post
All good news but still we don't have an arrivals lounge in GRU
It would be great, but I don't think this is a priority for the managers of the airport right now. I don't know, but I suppose they'd have to redesign the entire arrivals area before customs and passport control. This would take a lot of time and require substantial investments. They could also have it after customs and passport control, which would also require further studies and investments.

I'd most likely not use it, though.
YorkshireTeaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 15, 10:51 am   #62

Programs: Delta PM
GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

The TAM lounge is pretty good. I wonder if the AC will be as good or better. If not, I'll keep using the TAM lounge
Corganbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 15, 11:09 am   #63
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and Talkboard Topics
2016 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA EXP / 5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corganbr View Post
The TAM lounge is pretty good. I wonder if the AC will be as good or better. If not, I'll keep using the TAM lounge
Or not, as the various Brazilian media state the LATAM lounge will be restricted to those departing on LAN, TAM or Iberia, the Admirals Club to those departing on AA (BA and QR, the Executive Lounge).

The oneworld lounge access page indicates the same.

We will be able to verify that as members post their experiences once the Club opens. (We can hope the press is wrong.)

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 1, 15 at 3:57 pm.
JDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 15, 12:04 pm   #64

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
The LATAM lounge was ok, was in it three weeks ago. The food offerings were about the same as the executive lounge - though it was better then the former AC lounge. Hopefully this one is a lot better. And better throne (crapper) capacity than the former AC.
Old Oct 9, 15, 11:03 pm   #65
2016 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: dont matter anymore...
The new lounge at GRU is open and it looks amazing! This just might be the nicest admirals club in the world.

I'll be there on Monday.

Here's an article from the press event in Brazil. The article is in Portuguese but the pictures should suffice.

http://passageirodeprimeira.com/conh...-guarulhos-t3/
flipside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 15, 1:00 pm   #66

Programs: AA EXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Or not, as the various Brazilian media state the LATAM lounge will be restricted to those departing on LAN, TAM or Iberia, the Admirals Club to those departing on AA (BA and QR, the Executive Lounge).

The oneworld lounge access page indicates the same.

We will be able to verify that as members post their experiences once the Club opens. (We can hope the press is wrong.)
Is that for access based on cabin flown (this makes more sense), or for Sapphire/Emerald access as well? Even an AA EXP/Plat flying on LAN or TAM won't be allowed into the AA lounge?

I assume an Admiral's club member still has access regardless of flight plans like all other AA lounges.
upinsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 15, 2:33 pm   #67
2016 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Here now, and I'll stand by what I said. Nicest AC in the system. Better food than the JFK flagship lounge too
flipside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 15, 3:23 pm   #68

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm (but not acknowledged), SPG PLT, Marriott Elite PLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside View Post
The new lounge at GRU is open and it looks amazing! This just might be the nicest admirals club in the world.

I'll be there on Monday.

Here's an article from the press event in Brazil. The article is in Portuguese but the pictures should suffice.

http://passageirodeprimeira.com/conh...-guarulhos-t3/
Muito bom ! Muito linda ! E um distribuidor caparinha em foto ultima??

Very good ! Very beautiful ! Is that a caparinha dispenser in the last picture?
george 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 15, 3:24 pm   #69

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm (but not acknowledged), SPG PLT, Marriott Elite PLT
Quote:
Here now, and I'll stand by what I said. Nicest AC in the system. Better food than the JFK flagship lounge too
The design elements are somewhat similar to the Intercontinental Hotel on Alameda Santos in centro Sao Paulo. This club, if the pictures are not lying, is stunning.
george 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 15, 3:32 pm   #70

Programs: AA EXP
Quote:
Here now, and I'll stand by what I said. Nicest AC in the system.
It's good to hear that they are putting some real investment into refurbishing lounges.

Quote:
Better food than the JFK flagship lounge too
That's not a very high bar to pass...
upinsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 15, 9:28 pm   #71
2016 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), UA 1K, DL GLD, SPG PLT, IHG SPIRE AMB, HH GLD, OTHERS
A few photos included below from my recent visit... I'm very impressed with the overall design and quality of the food offerings.

-FlyerBeek

FlyerBeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 15, 6:58 pm   #72

Lounge help in GRU please

Hello All,

Passing through GRU for the first time, so all help appreciated.

Flying AA J class to GRU, connecting then to GOL flight to AEP. GOL flight is in Y booked on DL skypesos!!

I'm an AA EXP
I'm an Alitalia Alata Plus (No DL status)
I have priority pass lounge access
I have Amex Plat card

Two, questions:

1) Layovers in GRU are long, 7 hrs and 5 hrs going and coming, any advice on this connection? Like print GOL boarding pass, clearing transit, etc. I'll have not checked bags
2) Suggestions on lounge access? emphasis on fast internet and good food. Outbound layover is 12 pm to 7 pm and inbound is 7 pm to midnight.

Thank you!

MTG
MilesToGoBeforeISleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 15, 9:19 pm   #73
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and Talkboard Topics
2016 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA EXP / 5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Better question to ask in the destination forum, or even the Lounge Access Help Desk thread? I do know you're not eligible to use the GRU Admirals Club, not departing on a oneworld flight.
Old Oct 21, 15, 3:25 pm   #74

Programs: AA MM/CK/EXP; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Used the lounge in GRU last night - it's a nice lounge. Little disappointing that it's a combined business/first lounge with no separate F lounge as it's pretty busy, but it's one of the nicer ones in the system for sure.
swajames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 15, 4:04 pm   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Better question to ask in the destination forum, or even the Lounge Access Help Desk thread? I do know you're not eligible to use the GRU Admirals Club, not departing on a oneworld flight.
Thanks, I will do that. I should have mentioned that I have the Citi Prestige card as well, which I believe will allow me access to this lounge I believe...

Thanks
MilesToGoBeforeISleep is offline   Reply With Quote