Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth BA "Executive Club" Contract Lounge (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth BA "Executive Club" Contract Lounge (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2006, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
My recollection is also there are no monitors in the lounge - so if you were going on an AA flight you wouldn't know about gate changes, delays, etc
Probably not, but a quick call to the automated line would solve that problem.

I had a few hours to kill.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Probably not, but a quick call to the automated line would solve that problem.

I had a few hours to kill.
^ ^ ^ very 90s!!! hadnt even thought about it!
Old Dec 22, 2006, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
It might be good to note that the BA lounge closes after the last TA flight leaves. I got there at 6:30PM and they were closed. I actually left the AC as I was reading this thread only to have to come back.

Also, the BA lounge isn't really a BA lounge. It is a lounge shared by BA/LH/KE and others... Not that this makes it bad, I just walked by it as I was looking for the BA lounge.

Cheers

Last edited by Deltahater; Dec 22, 2006 at 10:31 pm
Old Dec 22, 2006, 9:33 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Tried to visit the Terraces today to get add some recent perspective but was told they open at 1230.

Looks like the hours are 1230-1600?
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
I got denied Sunday afternoon after arriving in on AA51 waiting for our flight to SFO. I had figured that we'd hang out in the BA lounge for an hour, then move over to the AC, but was told "this is a departure lounge; you can't use it as an OWE if you are connecting onwards to a domestic flight.'

I didn't think this was correct, and pushed back a little, but no go.

Am I wrong? I know I've used the FL at LAX when flying NRT-LAX-SJC.

Steve
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by sllevin
I got denied Sunday afternoon after arriving in on AA51 waiting for our flight to SFO. I had figured that we'd hang out in the BA lounge for an hour, then move over to the AC, but was told "this is a departure lounge; you can't use it as an OWE if you are connecting onwards to a domestic flight.'

Steve
Hi,

I think the agent was wrong. I think that as long as you are connecting from an International flight ( I assume AA 51 is from overseas)( same day) onto a domestic fliight you will get access to a one world lounge

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Am I wrong?
No. Next time tell them that it's obvious their dreams of being a nuclear physicist failed.

(PS - I would have helped if you told us what route AA51 flies. Not everyone knows the route numbers).
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:13 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
... was told "this is a departure lounge; you can't use it as an OWE if you are connecting onwards to a domestic flight.'
BAgent was wrong. Next time tell 'em "I appreciate your time and effort towards doing the right thing. You're correct, this is a departure lounge. I am departing. The rules do not require that a passenger must depart on a BA flight. It can be any OW flight, which this one is. It does not have to be an international flight. There only has to be an international flight this same day, which there is."

Some of the FFers print out and bring a copy of the rules, specifically for use in situations like this. There are occasions where Frequent Flyers know the rules better than airline staff.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold

Steve
They tried that on me at MIA and I pointed out the rules (I was inbound from MGA) and she relented in that pissy manner they have. No great gain other than self serve booze. Small as a shoebox.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
(PS - I would have helped if you told us what route AA51 flies. Not everyone knows the route numbers).
Sorry, flight number geek. LGW-DFW And hooray for Gatwick BA First lounge. especially since we ended up at Gatwick 3 hours early.

Steve
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Sorry, flight number geek. LGW-DFW And hooray for Gatwick BA First lounge. especially since we ended up at Gatwick 3 hours early.

Steve
Hi,

Yes, the LGW F lounge is very good! ( not as good as the VS clubhouse but still impressive)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I had that same dialog with the first checker at the DFW Terraces. He told me that:

You must be on an international flight (Carribean, Mexico, Canada etc do not count) and have EXP status in order to get in, or be in J/F. No direction on DEPARTING internationally. You can bring in one guest.

Also, the contract dragon inside the BA lounge was visibly disturbed by my presence (I was the only one) and she tried to shoo me off through the kitchen to the Global Pass Lounge, which was funny.
She of course tried the "The AC is just a few gates down" and I responded with "But you have free alcohol", which elicited a loud "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" on her part, which I thought was very unprofessional, yet comical, because she was put together like she was having tea with the Queen later.

Opening Hours vary by airline at the Terraces:

Global Pass 10:00AM-6:00PM
BA: 12:30-4:30PM
LH: 12:30-4:00PM
KE: Not sure

Cheers

Also, the only difference in offerings in each of the lounges are the magazines... the rest is the same
Old Mar 24, 2008, 8:15 pm

Access to BA / British Airways (third party "Executive Club") lounge in Dallas?

BA has a lounge at DFW, somewhere around gate D21, I think. Yesterday we were 3 EXPs coming in on an AA flight from London, and continuing on with a flight on AA. So according to the oneworld rules, we should have gotten in. Instead we got the "can't let you in due to capacity" speech. The actual lounge is around the corner from the front desk, so we couldn't tell if the guy at the desk was lying. Has any EXP gotten in there when flying AA internationally? Or is this the Miami lounge all over again?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 8:21 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I go in every time I fly internationally. Spouse is British and she likes her British newspapers. We sometimes go up there even when -not- flying internationally, and sometimes they give us a free leftover British newspaper (after the daily BA flight has left).
Old Mar 24, 2008, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I had no trouble getting into the BA lounge back when I was a PLT and traveling to MEX. Unfortunately, most of my international flying through DFW puts me there in the early morning or late night (redeyes), and the BA lounge is open only in the afternoon (before the BA departure to LGW).

But it's not much of a lounge anyway...very small, and no self-service bar (you have to ask for what you want, that is, if you can find the attendant). IMHO, the ACs are better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.