Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage Account "Zeroed"

Because of the legacy nature of the PSS (Passenger Service System) used by AAdvantage, AA has traditionally done some major batch processing on Saturday nights and into some Sundays, occasionally beginning Frupiday. Accounts can also be "zeroed" out occasionally during IT maintenance periods. This is common and has occurred for years, due to the legacy nature of the AAdvantage software. AA runs batch processing, often on weekends. Everything will ultimately reset properly; it's merely an inconvenience, not anything to become concerned about.

● Sometimes a message shows: "Your monthly AAdvantage summary is currently being processed. Please note that, due to lags in processing time, the latest summary may temporarily not appear creating a gap in your mileage information."

● "I can not see my account" - it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."

● "My miles show zero!", "I am missing xyz" (where xyz = stickers, Miles, EQD, etc.) and similar issues.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team

MODERATOR NOTE: Moderators may edit this wiki. [b]Wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

aa.com account information missing / unavailable / zero - zeros / (master thd)

Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by IflyonAA
No, I flew yesterday and I have 0
Yes, that's what I expect. Those who flew 1 Aug or today are affected. Those without flight activity in August seem unaffected.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Flew overnight 31 July and again yesterday 1 August; spouse, too; both our accounts on face page show plenty of RDMs, up from pre-31 July; but we both show 0 EQMs and no account access; and message to try again later.

I think a pattern is emerging.

Just to add: Spouse passed 50K EQMs en route and even though it shows Progress to Gold and 0 EQMs on the bars on the right, I just noticed that on the left her Platinum status has been extended through 31 January 2018, so I think it is a presentation issue, not a crediting issue (RDMs or EQMs).

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Aug 2, 2016 at 10:20 am Reason: One more thing ...
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I flew last night from DFW to SCL, and this morning I am having the same described issue, zero miles on the account page.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Zeros on AA.com but iphone app working fine.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by IflyonAA
Zeros on AA.com but iphone app working fine.
App is working fine (and I flew early morning 8.1). EQMs, EQSs & RDMs were all updated.

Web site shows same RDM's on the main page after logging in as the app, but 0's for EQMs, EQSs, RDMs & MM balance.

Wife's account is correct on app & web page - of course, she doesn't fly this week.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GLD, Admiral Club
Originally Posted by Hook'Em
I flew yesterday (Aug 1st) and this morning all my advantage miles are zero'ed out (progress bar, balance summary, SWUs, etc) and I get a message "Our system is having trouble. Please try again later".

Wonder if this has something to do with the new calculation for miles against revenue. Anyone else having the same issue?

Thank You.
My account status on aa.com is now showing updated miles.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott PP, HH Diamond
Aadvantage Site shows 0 Miles

Just logged into my AADVATAGE site and it is showing 0 award miles when it should be 300K+. Anyone else having issues with this?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by crf450x
Just logged into my AADVATAGE site and it is showing 0 award miles when it should be 300K+. Anyone else having issues with this?
My miles are showing...
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott PP, HH Diamond
Seems to be working correctly now. Was showing 0 for the past hour or so and finally they fixed it.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Online account shows 0 miles, Elite Status as "--" - web issues or account issue?

All of a sudden, when I sign into my account at AA.com, my mileage balance reads 0 (should be 6 digits), and my Elite Status simply shows "--" (should be Executive Platinum). All 10 or so of my existing reservations still show in My Trips. Anybody else experiencing this? An IT hiccup, or an issue with my account?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
same for me
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:55 pm

Zero Miles?? Balance error online!!

Anyone else logged into their AAdvantage account and seeing ZERO miles? Either a temporary bug, or a hacker drained me good!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:56 pm

Same for my account and Hubby's. I came here to see if it was just us or others too.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Same for me - was fine an hour ago and now this. Won't let me pick elite seats without trying to pay for it... guess call in

Edit: Called in to do a seat change that was trying to charge as status showed NONE - agent said lots of people calling in on the same - I let AA twitter team know also and they have escalated also.

Edit 2: based on @javabytes comment - logged out and back in and all good - was also able to grab by 24 hour prior to flight preferred blocked seat before the agent could try to override the block due to the status issue problem

Last edited by NickP 1K; Jun 10, 2017 at 4:19 pm
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA 1M, AA Platinum, HA Pualani Gold, KAL Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Account Balance: 0 Miles!

Just logged into my AA account and see that it shows no indication of status and that my mileage balance is zero! Once the wave of panic subsided, I called AA and they said it's some kind of glitch. Is anyone else seeing this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.