ORD-YUL AA or AC?

Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT PRO
ORD-YUL AA or AC?

Planning trip with family to Montreal in Nov. Options from ORD not great. Looking for some guidance

AA on the awful and old CRJ-200. No First available. $509pp. Around 1700 EQM. I'm currently very close to PLT Pro. Might make Exec PLT. EQM would help-ish but kinda a rounding error

AC - E190 out and E175 back. First RT for $777pp. I have zero status. Pishy United miles.

Clearly the AC metal is better. How much of my loyalty does AA get here? Both flights have schedules that would be fine.

FT wisdom would be appreciated and welcome. thx
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
If you are okay doing a mileage run in December, then you can rest easy knowing you will make Exec PLT and choose AC. $509 pp for E on a CRJ-200 is not ideal. F on the E190/E175 for only ~50% more isn't bad. Seeing you are based out of ORD and are at least a MileagePlus member, it's never a bad thing to slowly acquire UA miles over time so you can get an award flight way down the line (UA has better partners, prices, and availability than AA).
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Garvey6
Planning trip with family to Montreal in Nov. Options from ORD not great. Looking for some guidance

AA on the awful and old CRJ-200. No First available. $509pp. Around 1700 EQM. I'm currently very close to PLT Pro. Might make Exec PLT. EQM would help-ish but kinda a rounding error

AC - E190 out and E175 back. First RT for $777pp. I have zero status. Pishy United miles.

Clearly the AC metal is better. How much of my loyalty does AA get here? Both flights have schedules that would be fine.

FT wisdom would be appreciated and welcome. thx
You can book a connecting flight (via LGA or PHL) in Business/First for about $100 more than taking AC. Has two drawbacks: more time and more money. But it would give you the premium cabin you want and AA qualifying miles/dollars.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT PRO
Thanks for feedback. Not sure I want to make connection for this flight.

I think I'm gonna need to do a MR in DEC - so might suck it up and do this with AC. Why does AA still ahve these awful CRJ-200's?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.