Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Gold, Platinum or Plat Pro Status – “on us” (Jan 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold, Platinum or Plat Pro Status – “on us” (Jan 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:34 pm

Are we talking about same thing? OP said free and some post talk about fast track.

I got the fast track one but not the free one.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
This is insane
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by mgodara
What's the email title? Just wanted to make sure in my emails.
When I got mine at the end of 2013, it was "You deserve AAdvantage Gold."

Not sure what they are now, but maybe that helps?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:29 pm

I had gotten this earlier this year, it was fine for some random upgrade/MCE I don't remember. For context, I'm seattle based, with typically Alaska MVP status, but never AA status (100% of my AA flights have been through citi/barclay credit card aaward churning, of which there have been a lot over the years).

BUT, the great thing was I was somehow able to match my free AA Gold received to Delta Gold match for 3 months over the summer (the only time when I had a 3 roundtrip delta flights, most of which got free upgrades cleared).

And now that the 3 month delta gold challenge match is ending, I was able to successfully match that to Jetblue Mosaic status, just in time for some fall travel which includes a lot of jetblue flights for me.

Planning on matching that to United 3 month challenge for winter, when I have a few united flights scheduled.

Thanks AA!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mgodara
What's the email title? Just wanted to make sure in my emails.
Title was "Free Gold Status for You" on mine. I would imagine platinum would be the same with platinum instead of gold printed.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Also, flights go out with empty F seats everyday. Stickers can be of use.
I have seen exactly one this year and it was on a flight delayed several hours. From any of the hubs no way. I fly weekly via LAX, DFW, ORD and I have ~10% upgrade as an EXP with 20k EQD.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Originally Posted by josmul123
When I got mine at the end of 2013, it was "You deserve AAdvantage Gold."

Not sure what they are now, but maybe that helps?
I thought it was "You deserve AAdvantage Gold, unless you are already qualified and if so F*** YOU, you deserve NOTHING"
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The outrage at these offers never fails to make me laugh
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Got the platinum offer. Was Gold the last two year (prior to that was with United) and have only flown 5k miles this year.

Says i need 12,500 miles by 12/22 to keep platinum, which probably won't happy. However, will gladly take the 20 500m upgrades.

From reading this, it's seems completely random on the selection
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
What an insult to BIS earners.

Shame on you AA.
You have already decided to fly without this pitch. The purpose here is to get the people who are not flying as much
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by United16
From reading this, it's seems completely random on the selection
Perhaps that can be said "from reading this [thread on the subject (and previous ones)]" "it seems completely random" But, in fact, no, it definitely isn't.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:33 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TSparky
I have seen exactly one this year and it was on a flight delayed several hours. From any of the hubs no way. I fly weekly via LAX, DFW, ORD and I have ~10% upgrade as an EXP with 20k EQD.
Sometimes I read this stuff and wonder if I fly on the same AA. I am around 90% for the year I can only think of a couple misses. I've even cleared Sunday evening out of DFW on an award ticket this year. Have cleared PHL-ORD on Monday mornings. Even today flew with a coworker CLT-EWR I cleared at 100 hours. Sponsored my coworkers upgrade at airport check in today. They shot straight to the top of the list and cleared. My EQD for 2017 is 14k. I know this stuff is YMMV, but I can't be getting this lucky all the time.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
As EXP, I don't care.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Lifetime PLT
You can also just buy the Founder's card for $495 and get the promo right now. AA has been pretty open that for the right price, status is for sale.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Sometimes I read this stuff and wonder if I fly on the same AA. I am around 90% for the year I can only think of a couple misses. I've even cleared Sunday evening out of DFW on an award ticket this year. Have cleared PHL-ORD on Monday mornings. Even today flew with a coworker CLT-EWR I cleared at 100 hours. Sponsored my coworkers upgrade at airport check in today. They shot straight to the top of the list and cleared. My EQD for 2017 is 14k. I know this stuff is YMMV, but I can't be getting this lucky all the time.
EWR is different..I had 100% last year, this year a lot less from EWR so I could not tell.

And..I hate Terminal A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.