Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Worst experience on American Airlines (no PEY, poor Latin Am crew)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst experience on American Airlines (no PEY, poor Latin Am crew)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EP
And how do u know that none of the FAs didn't get out of their seats for 2 hours. Find this really, really hard to believe.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by enviroian
Perhaps the OP thought they were getting the same/similar PE on AA as they had on BA and that's why they are upset.
Perhaps OP thought that. But, OP would be wrong and the whining rant not justified.

This is all made clear on both the BA and AA websites and OP's e-ticket receipt would have made clear that he was seated in "ECONOMY"
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
AA does not have PE and never has (Although it is introducing that on select services, not this one) soon.
That's not correct. PE has been an official class of service on some AA flights since April. According to the wiki on the relevant Flyertalk thread, the following routes have PE for sale as of now:
  • AA963/AA962 DFW-GRU
  • AA48/AA49 DFW-CDG
  • AA36/AA37 DFW-MAD
  • AA281/AA280 DFW-ICN
  • AA169/AA170 LAX-NRT
deeruck likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
It's Miami. Spanish is the primary language spoken throughout the city. Do you get annoyed when you are in Rome and Italian is everybody's first language? What a ridiculous complaint.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jordyn
That's not correct. PE has been an official class of service on some AA flights since April...
^

Yeah, that's a pretty strange claim; "AA does not have PE and never has"

Weird.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AAway
I do this all the time from 25F on the 32B. Is this frowned upon? Is there less room on the 757 than the 32B?
I've done this for years. Only once (on BA) did the passenger in front snap at me, which took me by surprise as I'd seen plenty of other people do it (and I've never minded when I was the one in front).
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:17 am

I'm confused why the OP is upset that the crew's first language is not English, since it's not the OP's first language either
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by skylady
I'm confused why the OP is upset that the crew's first language is not English, since it's not the OP's first language either
OP seems to be from Ireland, but definitely a good point that English-as-first-language is by no means a prerequisite for great service (as anyone who's flown CX can attest).
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Carolireland
The staff on American Airlines were to our surprise all Spanish speaking as their first language.
The US is a wild and crazy place. The same thing struck me that a at my local Chinese take-out, the staff speak Mandarin. The folks that own my local sushi joint are Korean.

Originally Posted by Carolireland
Lastly about an hour and a half before we landed, I went to the back to ask for a soda and the staff were reading books, drinking and chatting amongst themselves and I almost felt guilty disturbing them.
What is the crew supposed to do on an overnight flight when everyone is likely asleep?

#OnePostWonder

Last edited by DataPlumber; Aug 24, 2017 at 5:16 am
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
The food was mostly soggy bread? I find that very hard to believe, i'm not saying their food is good by any stretch...BUT it's always more than soggy bread.

Also, I have yet to be on a flight that does not serve wine or beer at least with AA.

I feel perhaps OP is upset that he thought he got PE and didn't, so the rest kind of went downhill after that.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:11 pm

Not sure about LPB but EZE is crewed by EZE based attendants. Could be the same with LPB. While English is their 2nd language, I've always found them completely fluent.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
OP paid 500 GBP extra for Premium Economy on the BA legs. If Premium Economy had existed on the AA flights, I suspect the price would have been even higher.

On long flights on BA, I have often gone to the back to ask for a beverage from the crew who were sitting back there relaxing, so I don't think AA is alone there.

The "Spanish as a first language" comment came off as a bit racist. I am positive they spoke English to the English speaking passengers.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
On long flights on BA, I have often gone to the back to ask for a beverage from the crew who were sitting back there relaxing, so I don't think AA is alone there.
I've pretty much given up on eating anything on BA red-eyes, since I'm not willing to wait 4 hours for meal service to finish and then have time for just 4 hours of sleep
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:52 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by skylady
I'm not sure how you work that out. Trying to be fair, I suppose that most people from abroad just assume that the main language of the USA is English - maybe it could also have manifested itself in that the OP could not understand them or they her. I have always assumed that the main language aboard any carrier from outside the British Isles was the main or "official" language of the country. The rest I will not comment on as some of it sounds very strange to me.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:06 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Why do we bother? OP started a new thread and didn't even bother to participate in the discussion for 2 days (apart for a single subsequent response).

Yes - we know LPB is served with B757's with no PEY, with LIM-based F/A's (yes their first language is Spanish) and as this is a 6 am departure from LPB I would not expect them to serve wine that early in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.