DUB-PHL Aircraft change?

Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:44 am
Original Poster

DUB-PHL Aircraft change?

I'm booked on DUB-PHL with AA in January. It's showing as an A330-200 at the moment but I know that in the low season it's usually a 757 that flies this route. Can anyone tell me roughly when the aircraft change will take place, if it indeed does?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Looking at the timetables in ExpertFlyer, it does indeed appear that it's staying as a 332 this winter. That could still change, but they haven't loaded a 757 as yet.

My recollection is that it has usually been the 757 in recent years, but I'm pretty sure I flew a 332 on PHL-DUB in the low season in the last 3 or 4 years.
January87 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:20 pm

Looking to fly from DUB to MCO next November, so I have had a look at AA schedules for 25 November this year.
Checking schedules on AA.com, it's not bringing up DUB-PHL, rather every flight schedule is DUB to LHR and onwards.

No direct flights from Dub at this time of the year?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AlanA
Looking to fly from DUB to MCO next November, so I have had a look at AA schedules for 25 November this year.
Checking schedules on AA.com, it's not bringing up DUB-PHL, rather every flight schedule is DUB to LHR and onwards.

No direct flights from Dub at this time of the year?
That's the week of the Thanksgiving holiday in the US. AA and many other US carriers reduce flights on many long-haul routes that week because demand for international travel out of the US is historically very low that week.

Last edited by bse118; Aug 18, 2017 at 12:36 pm Reason: clarity
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by bse118
That's the week of the Thanksgiving holiday in the US. AA and many other US carriers reduce flights on many long-haul routes that week because demand for international travel out of the US is historically very low that week.
That's why we have chosen the Saturday after Thanksgiving, less crowds, sales and Christmas decorations
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat
At the end of the summer American is converting the remaining LUS B752s into the Hawaii configuration F12/Y176 (only 4 remaining in the TATL configuration J12/F164). Due to this, the PHL-DUB route will be going year round A332.
January87 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys, fingers crossed it stays as an A332.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.