Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Non-stop American flights from Europe to DFW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

While I found old list to Europe non-stop on AA metal is there a cite with a list coming back? Coming from Montana our only direct gateway city is DFW. We will be leaving Athens to return for a connection city but so far there are only sporadic connections out of FRA or AMS or CDG (while avoiding BA flights from London). There must be a better method than punching in every city in Europe on aa.com. Our back up plan is Iberia to ORD but then it would be at least 2-3 more legs back to BZN. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: LH HON
Seasonal
AMS
FCO

Daily
CDG
FRA
LHR
MAD
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:17 am

Using the DFW airport website and looking for arrivals I could only find:

AA 51/81/79 from LHR

AA 221 from AMS

AA 37 from MAD

Why didn't the others show up???

Amusingly I kept seeing flights with 4 digit flight #s from "Belgrade (BZN)" too.....
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by gregillinois
While I found old list to Europe non-stop on AA metal is there a cite with a list coming back? Coming from Montana our only direct gateway city is DFW. We will be leaving Athens to return for a connection city but so far there are only sporadic connections out of FRA or AMS or CDG (while avoiding BA flights from London). There must be a better method than punching in every city in Europe on aa.com. Our back up plan is Iberia to ORD but then it would be at least 2-3 more legs back to BZN. Thanks for your suggestions.
for the future, an easy way to do this is to search google flight with "Oneworld Only" and "non-stop" selected and then look at the map with DFW as the origin. It'll look something like this, which will tell you the direct flights:

Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by trooper
Amusingly I kept seeing flights with 4 digit flight #s from "Belgrade (BZN)" too.....
Military charters?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:38 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by gregillinois
3 of the 4 LHR-DFW flights are operated by AA rather than BA. You're best bet if you want to stick on One World is almost certainly going to be via LHR (with IB via MAD being second).
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Military charters?
No...actually flights from Bozeman Montana! That system seems to misread BZN as BEG.....
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dall...port#Passenger
Calchas and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Smiley90
for the future, an easy way to do this is to search google flight with "Oneworld Only" and "non-stop" selected and then look at the map with DFW as the origin.
Excellent 'teach a man to fish' approach.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:06 am
SK

Lightbulb Verba volant, scripta manet

Why don't you use the "Where we fly" link in aa.com! I think it is a useful tool for exactly such kinds of questions.

Choosing DFW in the Destinations tab, and selecting Non-Stop Flights only, this is what you get (zoomed into the Atlantic/Europe area).

nutwpinut likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:19 am

On a side note, is it correct that DFW-FCO is currently the longest AA's route across the Atlantic?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Mirko
On a side note, is it correct that DFW-FCO is currently the longest AA's route across the Atlantic?
Sounds about right, with LAX-LHR close second.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:00 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A tool I use is the innosked interactive network map and schedule (all wrapped up in one). There are several parameters you can select, and you are presented with the flight information.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by arollins
And interestingly, LAX-LHR is almost exactly the same distance as LAX-NRT.

According to GC, there is only a 5-mile difference:

LAX-LHR is 5451 miles
LAX-NRT is 5456 miles
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arollins
FWIW, PHL-TLV was longer, but alas is no more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.