Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flying (domestic, mid-con) F but denied lounge access!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying (domestic, mid-con) F but denied lounge access!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
My use of status was incomplete and indeed should have stated AA status

You can check the precise restrictions on where lounge access is restricted for those in business/1st class and those holding status with AA by checking on the oneworld site.
I know you can check. But my point is it is ridiculously complicated. "Domestic" is not within the US. Also includes many countries that cannot even remotely be considered as part of the US. Mexico except for Mexico City? Certain transcontinental flights are not domestic?

I mean, it is almost like lawyers wrote these rules. If they want to make it simple why don't you let you know, before you buy the ticket, if you are logged in to your account, whether you get lounge access? (actually I think Delta may have that feature)
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Is this a serious question? Because you know nobody reads the rules anymore. The contract of carriage? The terms and conditions when you install something on your computer or phone? The potential risks of a surgery?
Those comparisons are irrelevant, since the CoC wouldn't even address perks like lounge access. If I'm considering a flight on an unfamiliar carrier, it takes me all of a minute or two to Google the product features I'm most interested in.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by rjw242
Those comparisons are irrelevant, since the CoC wouldn't even address perks like lounge access. If I'm considering a flight on an unfamiliar carrier, it takes me all of a minute or two to Google the product features I'm most interested in.
Actually, that wouldn't be enough, depending on the information you are looking for. Many times I'm looking for info on the amenities on the plane, but it depends on which plane you are on. And whether it is refurbished. Say LH for example. If you were taking a flight out of BOS you might need to look at the differences between aircraft, and when they are refurbishing them and on what routes.

It is easy to an experienced flier, or someone who browses FT all day long, but I doubt it is so easy for just anybody.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Actually, that wouldn't be enough, depending on the information you are looking for. Many times I'm looking for info on the amenities on the plane, but it depends on which plane you are on. And whether it is refurbished. Say LH for example. If you were taking a flight out of BOS you might need to look at the differences between aircraft, and when they are refurbishing them and on what routes.

It is easy to an experienced flier, or someone who browses FT all day long, but I doubt it is so easy for just anybody.
I guess I'm not entirely sure what the point is, then. You're saying that passengers shouldn't have to search for info on their flight amenities, but it's impossible for airlines to publish perfect details about the minutiae of every amenity on every flight operated by them and their partners, so?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A Moderator posted a warning about adhering to the Rules, but as that seems not to have much effect this thread will be closed.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.