Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

OK for kids to run around in quiet/no-cell zone of Admirals Club?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK for kids to run around in quiet/no-cell zone of Admirals Club?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
In the Philadelphia Admirals Club yesterday (at the intersection of the B/C concourses), I was one of a few people in the area at the end of the main part of the lounge, where there are signs saying "Quiet Area/No Cell Phones".

There were 2 children who kept running up and down the length of the Admirals Club, and they'd run through the quiet zone as well.

One guy got up, physically blocked them, and told them to play somewhere else. Their mother scolded the guy, saying, "They're just walking!" and the guy told her to take them somewhere else.

I was kind of irked at the guy as he was pretty loud when he told them off, but having children running and playing in the quiet area is not cool, right? It was disruptive hearing running feet every few minutes (combined with typical kid noises, such as laughing), so I viewed him as more in the right than the children and their mother.
The guy was right... hope you gave him a drink chit.

They might be allowed in, but children flat out do not belong in lounges.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Wow

laughing???

dreadful children. I feel so sorry for you.

Laughter is horrible. Those kids must have bad parents.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kb9522
The guy was right... hope you gave him a drink chit.

They might be allowed in, but children flat out do not belong in lounges.
Since when did the other visitor gain the right to dictate to them what they can or cannot do?

AA does not seem to agree with you on this given the policies it has for lounge access
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: gate lice
Originally Posted by JBauer
laughing???

dreadful children. I feel so sorry for you.

Laughter is horrible. Those kids must have bad parents.

Having kids running around is disruptive. Excessive laughter is disruptive, especially in a quiet zone.

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Since when did the other visitor gain the right to dictate to them what they can or cannot do?

AA does not seem to agree with you on this given the policies it has for lounge access
+1
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:51 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
If it was huge gang of rough and tough Hell's Angels, nobody would confront them. But because it's wittle kids and their mommy, it's safe to tell them off loudly and publicly. #PowerPlay
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by GaryZ
Me, I always travel with a small pack of those rat-trapping glue boards, and disburse them around whenever there are disruptive munchkins running all over the place. They adhere so firmly to the kids feet, it essentially immobilizes them and it takes the parents forever to un-stick them!
Do you have a preferred brand? (Just asking for a friend... )
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:39 pm

It's a lounge, not a goddamn playground.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:41 pm
Suspended

It's a lounge, not a goddamn playground.
Calm down
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
If it was huge gang of rough and tough Hell's Angels, nobody would confront them. But because it's wittle kids and their mommy, it's safe to tell them off loudly and publicly. #PowerPlay
These types of suppositions are so ridiculous. It doesn't matter who is acting inappropriately. You address it with that person first before you run and tell mommy. What are gang members going to do to you in a public lounge on the secure side of the airport?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Calm down
Does it seem like I'm not calm?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

These types of suppositions are so ridiculous. It doesn't matter who is acting inappropriately. You address it with that person first before you run and tell mommy. What are gang members going to do to you in a public lounge on the secure side of the airport?
Why do you address it 1st. You have no standing to tell the person what to do The lounge agents do have the authority to take action
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:44 pm

Why do you address it 1st. You have no standing to tell the person what to do The lounge agents do have the authority to take action
The lounge agents have the authority to enforce the rules. There is nothing wrong with a lounge member firmly reminding another about posted signage or reasonable behavior. Maybe you can't fathom addressing an issue directly with the person causing it, but some people aren't afraid of their own shadow.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:40 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
As this thread is rife with ad hominem and has little to it that is AA-specific (misbehavior is everywhere, opinions on if/how to address it vary greatly), we are sticking a fork in it.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.