Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA.Com and booking partner award flights (to merge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines

Yes I know you can check british, air berlin, Iberia, and a few other airlines award availability online but can anyone speculate when AA will get into the 21 st century and show Cathay, Japan and all other One World partners availability and the ability to book all online? I'm tired of using BA site and others looking for availability. It's so un-user friendly.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold
use the qantas site, it's somewhat easier to navigate
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:42 pm
Suspended

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-ha-qf-rj.html
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
About to book first AA award flight on the website. Not my primary FF program, so unfamiliar with how AA works.

Found flight that would work. What should I be aware of when actually completing the booking? Does AA tend to show phantom availability like Aeroplan.

Any tips or advice much appreciated.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Bartolo
About to book first AA award flight on the website. Not my primary FF program, so unfamiliar with how AA works.

Found flight that would work. What should I be aware of when actually completing the booking? Does AA tend to show phantom availability like Aeroplan.

Lots of tips and advice in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ssistance.html. Be sure to read the Wikipost at the top of the page.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Bartolo

Just be careful that you're getting the class of service you want. Sometimes under the "business saver" awards you get a small icon indicating a mixed cabin and it doesn't necessarily mean the continental US leg. It could be the long haul portion of a flight.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Gig103
Just be careful that you're getting the class of service you want. Sometimes under the "business saver" awards you get a small icon indicating a mixed cabin and it doesn't necessarily mean the continental US leg. It could be the long haul portion of a flight.
+1

In my experience this seems to be especially likely with Iberia segments.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks. Yes I know those are bookable. My post was referring to airlines not currently supported on AA.com.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by JDiver
Lots of tips and advice in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ssistance.html. Be sure to read the Wikipost at the top of the page.
Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks. Yes I know those are bookable. My post was referring to airlines not currently supported on AA.com.
Insiders may know of AA's plans to expand the carriers searched. They would be prudent with disclosing the company's future activities.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EP
If u are a Google chrome user, download award finder from the google store. It makes searching on AA JL and QF allot easier

Yes I know you can check british, air berlin, Iberia, and a few other airlines award availability online but can anyone speculate when AA will get into the 21 st century and show Cathay, Japan and all other One World partners availability and the ability to book all online? I'm tired of using BA site and others looking for availability. It's so un-user friendly.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:00 am

The more user-friendly it gets, the harder it will be to get a seat.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lobo411
The more user-friendly it gets, the harder it will be to get a seat.
LOL good point!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
If u are a Google chrome user, download award finder from the google store. It makes searching on AA JL and QF allot easier
Thanks -- I am. Is this an app for a smartphone or a desktop version?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Changing partner award: AAgent claims a voluntary DG will cause award to price lower

Alright seeking the sage wisdom of my AA people. I have an Asia 2 - North America award booked for 70k miles. Full routing is CX J HKG-HND, JL J HND-JFK, AA F LGA-CLT, AA F CLT-DFW. I am looking to replace the last 2 segments with AA Y JFK-BWI and AA F BWI-DFW, so that I both don't have to change airports in NYC and it gets me back to Dallas a couple hours earlier. JFK-BWI is operated by an ER4, so it's single cabin economy with no F. This threw me for a wrinkle because the AAgent claimed that making this change to include the Y segment would cause the award to price at 55k miles and returning the 15k difference would cause a redeposit fee. Now I don't mind that on paper, but I am struggling to figure out how this works because to my knowledge any voluntary downgrade is fine but it's charged at the higher price anyway, and I don't know how she got to 55k miles. I'm worried that doing this will screw up my CX and JL flights.

Anybody seen this before? I told her I'd think about it and call back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.