Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

red eye schedule changes and eliminations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA executive club, AAdvantage

i fly red-eyes btwn lax and WAS (either IAD and occaissonally BWI) - in fact just did one at the end of june. now looking for these same red eyes for end of sept and there is NOTHING that is non-stop. Not only is there nothing non-stop, the earliest connectors get one into WAS no earlier than 10am... that is too late.
Actually had an agent tell me to use United. I currently have found an Alaska Airlines redeye directly through the Alaska sight, but not as codeshare w/American. Frustrated bc unless i fly first class, i don't think i can even get the regular 2K miles (only a fraction) for EQMs.
is there a way to book the Alaska flight as a code share if i can't find it on the american sight to get full miles or is first class my best bet?
And what is American thinking that they shouldn't have a red-eye LAX-IAD/BWI ? those flights are ALWAYS full. this pisses me off.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by happytravelskh
And what is American thinking that they shouldn't have a red-eye LAX-IAD/BWI ? those flights are ALWAYS full. this pisses me off.
Full doesn't mean profitable.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by happytravelskh
is there a way to book the Alaska flight as a code share if i can't find it on the american sight to get full miles or is first class my best bet?
AS and AA had to discontinue much codesharing for AS to get approval for its acquisition of Virgin America.

United, Spirit, and Alaska have redeyes LAX-BWI. (On a single September Monday I checked.) United and Virgin America have redeye non-stops LAX-IAD.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
If you don't mind connecting, the late PHX-DCA flight gets you in at 710am
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:44 am

LAX-CUN redeye also dropped, as of Nov 5th
AA will no longer fly this route nonstop
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
For AA, LAX-IAD/BWI is a hub to non-hub flight. In fact, with all the other airlines flying the route, I am not surprised that they don't fly a redeye. I suggest writing a polite note to AA customer service about this. They will forward it off to the route planning department.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.