Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Not Allowed to Walk Toddler Between Classes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not Allowed to Walk Toddler Between Classes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA MM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by kb9522
What did you expect them to do that you weren't already? They're FAs, not mechanics... it's not like they keep a toolkit to remove the seat.
Actually, some FA's I've encountered know how to remove a panel or dismantle parts of a seat in the premium cabins. This may have been helpful in the OP's situation. I've had more than one occasion over the years where the seat recline, foot rest or swivel features wouldn't work properly. Each time, the FA's luckily knew how to remove panels on the base and use pedals/levers etc to manually adjust the seat to the desired position.

Maybe it's just me but I definitely don't see anything wrong in asking a crew member to assist you in finding a lost item. At the very least, one would think they could inform maintenance if they or the passenger are unable to retrieve the item.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Maybe OP was such ROYAL (without the lineage) pain in the butt, including entourage and DWKHIA, that the lost phone was "poetic justice".
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Maybe OP was such ROYAL (without the lineage) pain in the butt, including entourage and DWKHIA, that the lost phone was "poetic justice".
^

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps the FAs had had their fill of this particular set of prima donnas and were going to ding them at every attempt they got. Whenever I have seen people lose their phone on a plane the FAs are more than helpful to the point of dismantling the seat almost.

As for the walking around, perhaps they had witnessed "my kids are everyone elses problem, I cannot do a thing with them so suck it up y'all" behaviour and thought they would restrict it to the one cabin only.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
Same here. Please don't bring your kid to my row and have him wave. I find it annoying, not amusing. I don't want to be bothered. Sic him on someone else, please.
Originally Posted by mapleg
People in the back of the plane have enough problems without having to also endure your child having "a little fit".
Originally Posted by kettle1
I am with the 1% that will not waive to a kid. I am an old grump.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the parent and kid insist on the wave, I'd just say "go away." There's no reason for me to be interrupted/inconvenienced by someone's pathetic attempt to entertain their own offspring.
Yep. Agree! Your spawn are not my concern. Ever. You spewed them forth, so YOU entertain them. Your child is not special and precious to anyone other than you. I hate when parents walk their kids around, stopping at everyone in the boarding area (or wherever it happens to be), seemingly expecting strangers to smile and marvel at their crotch fruit. Wow. You had unprotected sex and produced spawn. How very exciting. Now do go away.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This thread has gone far astray from its topic, and has required "cleanup on aisle 4" too often due to some not remembering about keeping on topic, and how we are expected to treat each other.

As a reminder and convenience:

12. Abusive Or Disruptive Behavior Or Content Link to this topic

12.1 Friendly, Respectful and Welcoming

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.

Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.

Unhelpful posts, such as "Do a search" or those that merely comment on the worthiness of others' posts or threads are neither friendly nor welcoming and will not be allowed. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to a thread, please refrain from posting.

12.2 Avoid Getting Personal

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

FlyerTalk is a diverse, multi-cultural community. Expressions of prejudice or discrimination in any form are not permitted (such as those concerning race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc).

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle. Please also see Rule 22 — When you believe someone has violated the rules.

12.3 Disruptive or repetitive posting

Posts that are inflammatory, inciting or unnecessarily provocative are not allowed.

Disrupting a forum by repetitively posting comments of the same general theme or 'piling-on' by posting merely to reinforce or bump a prior post of a disruptive nature are both examples of disruptive posting and not permitted.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.