Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA app can now rebook you in irops / "irrops" (July 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA app can now rebook you in irops / "irrops" (July 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by sensei
This functionality is brand new and only available for departures from a few select airports at this time. You may be confusing this with the ability to confirm a new flight that was selected by auto reaccom. The new feature allows passengers to select from multiple flight options.
Ah, that makes sense. The description in other posts didn't make that distinction for me.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, AAdvantage Executive Platinum
Here's what it looks like, though it is not fully functional yet at least in my case. Continuing through the prompts just takes me to the mobile version of my reservation, similar to if you try to choose seats on a complex itinerary which the app cannot display.
Attached Images    
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I got to try this out today, had 3 rolling delays and checked after each one. It looked like the delay needed to be ~1 hour before it showed up. Also in the app it didn't initially show me the option so I was also checking the "Manage Trip" section (which is just a redirect to mobile site) and it showed there after the 3rd delay. Gave me several options for both today and tomorrow, there were no flights that were earlier than my delayed flight but as I was considering if I should take the on-time flight 45 minutes after my current flight which had to that point 3 rolling delays a fourth delay came through that made my current flight only 30 minutes before the next option which was on time I decided to take the new flight (I've seen how the rolling delay rodeo can play out...). When I was finished the app did have the same delay notification in the app itself so seems if I was patient I wouldn't have needed to use the Manage Trip part but :/. End of the day nice improvement, especially since I was at Cent lounge not the AA lounge and otherwise would have had to call or trek back to A, also they maintained my cabin of service and new BPs in the app straight away.
Attached Images   
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ryan182
I got to try this out today, had 3 rolling delays and checked after each one. It looked like the delay needed to be ~1 hour before it showed up. Also in the app it didn't initially show me the option so I was also checking the "Manage Trip" section (which is just a redirect to mobile site) and it showed there after the 3rd delay. Gave me several options for both today and tomorrow, there were no flights that were earlier than my delayed flight but as I was considering if I should take the on-time flight 45 minutes after my current flight which had to that point 3 rolling delays a fourth delay came through that made my current flight only 30 minutes before the next option which was on time I decided to take the new flight (I've seen how the rolling delay rodeo can play out...). When I was finished the app did have the same delay notification in the app itself so seems if I was patient I wouldn't have needed to use the Manage Trip part but :/. End of the day nice improvement, especially since I was at Cent lounge not the AA lounge and otherwise would have had to call or trek back to A, also they maintained my cabin of service and new BPs in the app straight away.
So you ended up on the 6:17pm ex-IAH?

Also, curious minds want to know: what fare class were you originally booked in, and was that available on your new flights, or did the app allow you to upfare? i.e. if you were originally booked in I, did the app allow you to rebook on flights that had only J or D left?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dkc192
So you ended up on the 6:17pm ex-IAH?

Also, curious minds want to know: what fare class were you originally booked in, and was that available on your new flights, or did the app allow you to upfare? i.e. if you were originally booked in I, did the app allow you to rebook on flights that had only J or D left?
I'm quite sure many people wished there was a flight that left IAH at or about 6:17 but yes I was on the flight intended for that time. Original fare class was "I" - I did not check what buckets were available but both DFW and IAH were a full on CF this evening so I'd be quite surprised if "I" buckets were for sale on either flight but can't say for sure
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
It will be interesting to see whether it preserves upgrades in the offered alternatives.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Did it offer any alternative cities?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by Stripe
It will be interesting to see whether it preserves upgrades in the offered alternatives.
highly doubt it. It's never worked that way when calling the phone agents in IRROPS. They put you in coach and back you go on the upgrade list. Only scenario where I would imagine they preserve upgrades is if you use SWU or mileage upgrade but definitely not EXP complimentary or sticker upgrades.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by ryan182
I'm quite sure many people wished there was a flight that left IAH at or about 6:17 but yes I was on the flight intended for that time. Original fare class was "I" - I did not check what buckets were available but both DFW and IAH were a full on CF this evening so I'd be quite surprised if "I" buckets were for sale on either flight but can't say for sure
What was the fare that ended up to be posted? I or something else?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by lightbulbs
highly doubt it. It's never worked that way when calling the phone agents in IRROPS. They put you in coach and back you go on the upgrade list. Only scenario where I would imagine they preserve upgrades is if you use SWU or mileage upgrade but definitely not EXP complimentary or sticker upgrades.
The automated system preserved my upgrade in IRROPs this week.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
This has been my experience as well, albeit limited. I've been fortunate I guess. I also ended up getting booked into full-fare business as opposed to the upgrade bucket.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
SWU, miles, or complimentary 'sticker' upgrade?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
SWU, miles, or complimentary 'sticker' upgrade?
I'd like to know too, I'm pretty sure we could eliminate one of those from the list

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.