Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DYKWIA Tales: woman pulls, slaps FA for not serving her alcohol

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA Tales: woman pulls, slaps FA for not serving her alcohol

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
The video was a bit of a let down! I was expecting cussing and struggling and arms and legs flailing around - and there was none of that.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by JDiver
Woman Brags She’s Rich, Demands Alcohol, Slaps Flight Attendant and Bangs on Cockpit Door
by Gary Leff on July 15, 2017 (link) (video of cops removing woman)
It is remarkable how there are cameras everywhere nowadays. We are all potential reality show stars! :-:
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:12 pm

The arrested woman is a paralegal. lmao
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Wow...she went bonkers after 2 drinks?

She's the anti-Wade-Boggs. What an amateur.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by pinniped
Wow...she went bonkers after 2 drinks?

She's the anti-Wade-Boggs. What an amateur.
But we didn't know what she consumed or how much at DFW. And like someone else posted, she could be have been on meds that combined with alcohol (even at a small amount) could have disastrous results.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
But we didn't know what she consumed or how much at DFW. And like someone else posted, she could be have been on meds that combined with alcohol (even at a small amount) could have disastrous results.
She probably got lit in the Centurion Lounge, at least, that's what I usually do.

Then again, I handle my liquor quite well.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPRich
source?
Does "vivid imagination" count?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:15 pm

She didn't have to take the
challenge so seriously lol

Originally Posted by JDiver
Woman Brags She’s Rich, Demands Alcohol, Slaps Flight Attendant and Bangs on Cockpit Door
by Gary Leff on July 15, 2017 (link) (video of cops removing woman)

She's She's described as slurring her words and ring unsteady, and into full DYKWIA on a 691 mile DFW-MLI on a CRJ-900. She's allegedly bragging she's rich, flying first class and grabs the FA, pulls her down on her lap, tells her she'll get her fired - and as the FA rises she slaps her. Lady DYKWIA then bangs at the cockpit door to tell the pilot about the FA.

The pilot turns the aircraft around to DFW, where police remove Ms. Rich Firstclass from the aircraft so it can resume its originally scheduled flight.

Great way to get free lodging at the "graybar lodge"; fabulous career move.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:16 pm

I feel terrible that I missed someone brag about their commas in a lawnmower CRJ
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by carlosnunez.dfw
I feel terrible that I missed someone brag about their commas in a lawnmower CRJ
Post of the week.

Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I'd like to see her try that on UA
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Martina70
Maybe the glass she was drinking from looked like this?

Currently for sale in SkyMall
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by abk
Then there is always the question of whether AA over served her and is responsible for creating the situation.
Please. How on earth is this AA's problem or fault? People are very often calm...until they are not. Perhaps she took medication, for example, that somehow accelerated the impact of a glass of wine or two, then how was AA to know? Perhaps I'm a bit too rigid on this topic, but I believe almost exclusively that it is the alcohol consumer's problem, not the server's problem.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Score8
Please. How on earth is this AA's problem or fault? People are very often calm...until they are not. Perhaps she took medication, for example, that somehow accelerated the impact of a glass of wine or two, then how was AA to know? Perhaps I'm a bit too rigid on this topic, but I believe almost exclusively that it is the alcohol consumer's problem, not the server's problem.
In some jurisdictions, there are legal liabilities if you over serve someone and they cause injury or property damage.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by steve64
IMHO, we shouldn't be so quick to jump on the GAs in these situations.
Neither as an ex Gate AAgent (granted, many years ago) nor as a top level "elite" (on various airlines) over the past 19 years, can I remember any procedure for GAs to analyze each passenger's fitness to board.
That's my thought too.

I can easily have a few drinks on a flight, a few more in the lounge, and then not have the GA notice anything.

If I'm not talking, I'm not slurring.

I remember one time celebrating at the office, having 2 or 3 bottles of champagne, then heading to SFO for an ORD red-eye. I was actually nervous about boarding, but I just scanned my phone, walked on, sat down, and passed out.

I don't get combative, though it would be very easy to see I'm drunk if you start questioning me. But then I've never caused a diversion, or been met by police, or started a fight on a flight, etc.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

People also need to learn their own limits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.