Strange bug: Upgraded twice into the same cabin

Subscribe
I booked an international trip 4 weeks ago and SWU upgrades were available for both my outbound segments, which are this coming Monday, and so I was upgraded then and claimed seats in the front cabin.

This morning I got a 'your upgrade has been confirmed' email and a new seat assignment (3F instead of 3A). 3A is now not available, but 2A is, which is just as good (E175).

It seems very odd - and certainly new to me - that the system could confirm an upgrade for a passenger already in C. Anyone else known this happen? Is there something wrong with my ticket potentially?
Happened to me a couple of weeks ago, and I believe I've seen someone else post about it once too. Only issue is that the seat changes, but you've seen that already. When this happened to me, that segment also posted as if it were in revenue J class, possible as a result of the double reissue?
Quote: Happened to me a couple of weeks ago, and I believe I've seen someone else post about it once too. Only issue is that the seat changes, but you've seen that already. When this happened to me, that segment also posted as if it were in revenue J class, possible as a result of the double reissue?
The seat change cleared in fact - about an hour after the upgrade, 3A was suddenly available again. So, I would guess that I had both 2A and 3A for a short while.

Getting revenue J was nice for you, but for me, on SFO-LAX it will not make much difference.
And, of course, I couldn't check-in online since it was wrongly ticketed - the second upgrade messing with the post-SWU ticketing.

The phone agent immediately understood the problem, but she had to put me on hold for 10-15 minutes and then do various clean-up actions to make sure it didn't happen again, before the flight.