Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

is it possible to do some gambling when connecting AA to AA at Las Vegas airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is it possible to do some gambling when connecting AA to AA at Las Vegas airport?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Machines in airport = worst odds on the face of the living earth
I've doubled my money both times I've played the slots at the airport. Sure, I only put in one coin and got two back both times, but a win is a win.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
I tend to break even or win big at LAS versus The Strip. Was meeting clients coming off a different flight and hit for $300 and then had been totally beaten on The Strip and wound up hitting for $2K. YMMV......
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
I tend to break even or win big at LAS versus The Strip. Was meeting clients coming off a different flight and hit for $300 and then had been totally beaten on The Strip and wound up hitting for $2K. YMMV......
gambling losses can be claimed and deducted on your tax return...

I hit 3 diamonds and won $15,000 playing $10 slots at Trump Taj Mahal in AC maybe 10 years ago?

Donald Trump's employee issued me a a check and a tax form.

My CPA was a big help afterwards(that's all I'll say publicly... consult your own CPA)
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by WalterSFO
gambling losses can be claimed and deducted on your tax return...
Only to the extent of your winnings. You cannot deduct losses from regular income.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mangoMan
Only to the extent of your winnings. You cannot deduct losses from regular income.
of course... that will come in handy when I win the 1-mil jackpot from playing slots next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.